Question about getting into shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megapwnzor

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I signed up for a year at extreme fitness (Gym's, not sure if they're in the US or even outside of Ontario but anyway). I'm not forking out the money for a personal trainer, It's just too expensive and I like to work out independently.

Well as it stands my BF% is 40. I'm 6'1, 245 (at start, I'm now 240...).
Anyway I was told on my evaluation that if I want to build muscle I don't need cardio but I like the bikes and all that.

Do I work in a day of cardio in between or continue just weight training?

Also most of what I do areeee...

-Leg Press machine (two 45kilo weights)
-Shoulder Press (Machine or 25 pound dumbbells)
-Incline chest press machine (usually 60-75kilo)
-calf raises (50kilos)
-Curls (curling bar 50 pounds I believe)
-A machine that works the tricepts (I think?! ... 75kilo)
-Chest Press Machine (75kilo)
-Bench Press (with Dumbbells donno if its the same thing, usually with 25's or 30's)

Oh and a machine thats kinda like Russian twist situps lol.

EDIT I also usually try to go in every weekday, is that bad?

What are your goals? looking better? Getting stronger? Getting generally fit? If you're a little more specific, some people here might be able to help you a bit more.

Also, if you're really going to make an investment into working out independently, I recommend you read some books. A lot of people here like "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe but there are plenty of other good training books as well.

A number of books discussing strength training (some very simple and others extremely in depth) can be found in this old thread.

Strength & Power FAQ 2.0 is tacked up at the top of the forum. Read it, and all the links.

Someone will be along shortly to (probably) close your thread until you've done so.

Unless you have an injury, your selection of exercises is very less than optimal.

Buying and reading Starting Strength would be a great alternative to paying a trainer.

I'm not sure if this is a troll post. I'm going to give a straight answer anyway....I sort of feel sorry for you. lol.

1. Educate yourself, using this forum (and google, Lol)

2. Do one of the routines in the FAQ. They're usually 3 non-consecutive days per week. e.g. Mon/Wen/Fri

3. If you want to lose weight do cardio on 3 of your off days. e.g. tues/thurs/sat

4. Drop into the Sherdog diet/nutrition sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back