Elections Question about Elizabeth "Warren"

Also:

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219501/?q=jeff+flake&o=date&c[node]=54&c[user][0]=232154

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219549/?q=rand+paul&o=date&c[node]=54&c[user][0]=232154

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219571/?q=mike+lee&o=date&c[user][0]=232154

The rule appears to only apply when waiguoren wants to take barbaric shots at someone for not following norms that he wants enforced (name changes are only allowed to make someone appear whiter and women must take their husband's name).
In fact, he only has two instances of talking about "addison mcconnell" - both in exchanges with you, and the first following a suggestion that he was selectively referring to beto's personal name.

Please don't wasteland this immediately. I'm enjoying it.

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219501/?q=jeff+flake&o=date&c[node]=54&c[user][0]=232154

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219549/?q=rand+paul&o=date&c[node]=54&c[user][0]=232154

And:

https://forums.sherdog.com/search/185219571/?q=mike+lee&o=date&c[user][0]=232154

The rule appears to only apply when waiguoren wants to take barbaric shots at someone for not following norms that he wants enforced (name changes are only allowed to make someone appear whiter and women must take their husband's name).

Either your memory has failed or you're being dishonest.

Did you forget that you were the person who instructed me that "Mitch McConnell"'s real name is "Addison"? It was just a few months ago too in a private discussion about Robert O'Rourke.

Also, of course I'm going to slip up from time to time. In a PM to you the other day, I referred to "Ronald Paul" as "Ron Paul". Habits take a while to change, but only rotten-souled people assume the worse about their fellow men.

@Quipling fight the urge to conform. You are capable of it.

It's actually not that uncommon for women to keep their first husband's name after divorce especially if they have children with the man.
Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

Well, this backfired.

LOL
No good sir, your posts never backfire. They provide endless entertainment for us all.

Why are you such a shitty liar?
Mr Quipling, nothing you posted contradicts anything I wrote. As I said, I am attempting to create and apply a universal standard for naming politicians. 10 months ago when I made those screenshoted posts, I was probably just starting out at this. I almost certainly made the "Ted Cruz" post out of habit. It feels weird to call him "Rafael" Cruz, but I'm trying. Why do you assume the worst? It's not friendly, and it's not justified.

Dude must seriously hate his father for failing to teach him to argue like a man instead of calling people outside his tribe insulting names.
?

Last edited:
Either your memory has failed or you're being dishonest.

Did you forget that you were the person who instructed me that "Mitch McConnell"'s real name is "Addison"? It was just a few months ago too in a private discussion about Robert O'Rourke.

Also, of course I'm going to slip up from time to time. In a PM to you the other day, I referred to "Ronald Paul" as "Ron Paul". Habits take a while to change, but only rotten-souled people assume the worse about their fellow men.

@Quipling fight the urge to conform. You are capable of it.

You've never used full names for Michael Lee, Randal Paul, Jeffry Flake, or Palhares Ryan. So spare us. And as for the last point, see the lounge thread.

You've never used full names for Michael Lee, Randal Paul, Jeffry Flake, or Palhares Ryan. So spare us. And as for the last point, see the lounge thread.
  • How often have I written of Michael Lee? Never that I can remember.
  • Good catch on Randal Paul. Until just now I assumed he was named after Ayn Rand. I will start referring to him as Randal Paul.
  • Jeffry Flake is another gentleman I can scarcely remember writing about. There were probably a few posts. Strange spelling! I will be careful about that one.
  • Palhares Ryan....right....why did you do that?

What are your thoughts on Elizabeth Herring's upcoming debate showdown with Bernard Sanders?

There's a recent lawsuit I just saw filed where some dude is suing his (law) partner's wife on a theory of trademark infringement because her firm has a similar name to his firm . . . because, you know, last names.

Yea, I have a similar story (not a lawsuit) where a firm added an attorney that had a last name of a much for popular firm and now they get a lot of people mistaking them for that firm.

• How often have I written of Michael Lee? Never that I can remember.
  • Good catch on Randal Paul. Until just now I assumed he was named after Ayn Rand. I will start referring to him as Randal Paul.
  • Jeffry Flake is another gentleman I can scarcely remember writing about. There were probably a few posts. Strange spelling! I will be careful about that one.
  • Palhares Ryan....right....why did you do that?

What are your thoughts on Elizabeth Herring's upcoming debate showdown with Bernard Sanders?

You've written of all of them. As I pointed out, you only think to apply the "rule" when something triggers you.

Not aware of any debate showdown between this Herring and ol' Bernie.

So the response being proven to be a liar and troll is to troll more?

Doubling down on stupid. Bold strategy Cotton.

You've written of all of them. As I pointed out, you only think to apply the "rule" when something triggers you.
As I pointed out, I haven't been trying to enforce this standard for more than a matter of months. Sometimes I slip up (as with Rafael Cruz and Ronald Paul) and other times I just don't know the real name (as with Addison McConnell and Randal Paul). You assume this is a matter of bad faith. I think that assumption stems from your anti-human spirit. Embrace love.

So the response being proven to be a liar and troll is to troll more?

Doubling down on stupid. Bold strategy Cotton.
Mr Sycho, there were no lies. I have tried to be consistent with the naming but I am only a human. I'm improving all the time, and that's the best we can ask for. Your partisanship is showing.

As I pointed out, I haven't been trying to enforce this standard for more than a matter of months. Sometimes I slip up (as with Rafael Cruz and Ronald Paul) and other times I just don't know the real name (as with Addison McConnell and Randal Paul). You assume this is a matter of bad faith. I think that assumption stems from your anti-human spirit. Embrace love.

Again, I'm assuming bias rather than bad faith. In fact, I think that you created the disrespectful and stupid rule in the first place because of how upset you are by Beto being known by his lifelong nickname (you wrongly assume that it's about turning his back on his race, which infuriates you). You made a rule of it so you wouldn't feel or seem petty and immature, but you generally forget to apply the rule.

dnDQmDs.png
Becaase he's only in the 78th percentile, imo.

@Fawlty
@Limbo Pete

Again, I'm assuming bias rather than bad faith. In fact, I think that you created the disrespectful and stupid rule in the first place because of how upset you are by Beto being known by his lifelong nickname (you wrongly assume that it's about turning his back on his race, which infuriates you). You made a rule of it so you wouldn't feel or seem petty and immature, but you generally forget to apply the rule.
That's a lot of assumptions!

Becaase he's only in the 78th percentile, imo.
@Fawlty

@Limbo Pete

Hello Homer.

giphy.gif

dnDQmDs.png
Mr Quipling, I noticed that you were even sloppier here than I thought. Your screenshot only contains one actual use of "Ted Cruz" on my part. Improve.

An Open Letter to Jon Stewart
Bring back Leibowitz!

Dear Jon Stewart,

You probably don’t recall, but I was one of your earliest, most enthusiastic media admirers. I wrote a column nearly a decade ago, shortly after you took over The Daily Show, when you were still struggling for recognition of your genius, before the massive media love-in that took a while to develop. My column then took the form of an open letter to David Letterman, about how his show was getting tired and how he ought to get Jon Stewart to replace him. (I like open letters.) I talked about how much I loved the perfect pitch of your TV “newsmagazine” parodies but most of all how I was blown away by your astonishing quickness of wit, most evident in the unscripted interviews. I called you “an idiot savant” of comedy. (That was a compliment—ignore the idiot part, focus on the savant.)

So please know I’m writing as an admirer, someone who thinks you have the courage as well as comedic smarts to take the simple but radical step I’m going to suggest.

I want you to change your name. Back to Leibowitz. Stewart is just so 20th-century, a relic of that dark age when Jews in show biz changed their names because they feared “real Americans” wouldn’t accept the originals.

It’s not as if you’re trying to hide your Jewishness in your TV persona. As the Jewish magazine Moment put it:

As his star has risen, Stewart, born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz, has also become an ambassador of Jewishness. Dispensing Jewish humor like a tic, Stewart’s impish grin, self-deprecating punch lines and jokey cultural references are a staple of the show. He has referred to himself as “Jewey Von Jewstein” and cracked wise on Jewish noses, circumcision, anti-Semites … and his grandma at Passover.

It’s almost as if the Leibowitz in you is trying desperately to escape from behind the mask of the Stewart. So why not set it free? Change the name back?

At this point, it wouldn’t hurt you. It would only help you: Most of your fans would see it as a touching gesture. And you’d no doubt get lots of comedic mileage out of it. I’m sure that you could milk the buildup and get a good-natured laugh out of the audience every time you used Leibowitz or pretended to get confused.

And, on a more serious note, it would represent the end of a shabby, antiquated era, pronouncing that aspect of anti-Semitism now (hopefully) dead and gone. It might even make it easier for young comedians, actors, and rock stars to resist the temptation to try to “pass.” (Although, frankly, I hope that Gene Simmons of Kiss keeps his origins hidden from those who don’t know about them.) It could be an important cultural moment.

Don’t you think it’s about time for Jews to reject the rejection of their ancestry and the WASP-ification of their names? Not just you, but all Jews in show business, indeed all Jews in business business. The practice might once have served a purpose, back in the ‘20s and ‘30s, when it was insisted upon by powerful but fearful Hollywood movie moguls who wanted Jewish talent but were afraid of Jewish names seeming un-American to the mass of the populace who, it’s probably true at that time, suffered from a low-grade case of anti-Semitism. Or nativist hostility to foreign names in general. So Issur Danielovitch Demsky became Kirk Douglas. (You could have gone with Kirk Leibowitz.)

It’s strange, isn’t it? Shouldn’t that era be long over? And yet it persists, diminished somewhat. In fact, you’re one of the last to feel the need to do it. I mean, it pains me to say this, given how I feel about the man, but … Jerry Seinfeld. It hurts me, anyway, as the nation’s leading anti-Seinfeldian, that he gets credit for exploiting a watered-down version of his ethnicity by retaining his identifiable Jewish last name. TheJerry Stone Show? Would sink like one. (Although, come to think of it: George playing an “Italian”? With those parents? What’s up with that?A kind of retro “quota”? Would making him a Jew, too, have been one Jew too many?)

the letter goes on...

https://slate.com/human-interest/20...rt-change-his-name-back-to-jon-leibowitz.html

This just comes across as a really nasty cheap shot. John Stewart uses his middle name because he was estranged from his father. He does not hate his Jewishness, and it's a really unfair and unsupported accusation.

Same thing for Ted Cruz. Ted is a nickname, it does not automatically imply he's avoiding the name Rafael. People use nicknames sometimes, it's a normal thing to do and does not automatically imply some form of manipulation.

Yea, I have a similar story (not a lawsuit) where a firm added an attorney that had a last name of a much for popular firm and now they get a lot of people mistaking them for that firm.
Can you pm me about it?

What is her current legal name? Is it Elizabeth Herring? Elizabeth Mann? I would be surprised if it's "Elizabeth Warren" since Elizabeth divorced Warren 40 years ago and got re-married to that odd-looking man.

I prefer to use politicians' legal names. That's why I go with Rafael Cruz (not "Ted" Cruz), Addison McConnell (not "Mitch" McConnell) and Robert O'Rourke (not "Beto"). The reason is that politicians often try to manipulate us with nicknames, so it's better to have a neutral and universal standard.

Agreed. We should all refer to Nikki Haley as her real name Nimrata Randhawa.

Back