Elections Question about Elizabeth "Warren"

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
What is her current legal name? Is it Elizabeth Herring? Elizabeth Mann? I would be surprised if it's "Elizabeth Warren" since Elizabeth divorced Warren 40 years ago and got re-married to that odd-looking man.

I prefer to use politicians' legal names. That's why I go with Rafael Cruz (not "Ted" Cruz), Addison McConnell (not "Mitch" McConnell) and Robert O'Rourke (not "Beto"). The reason is that politicians often try to manipulate us with nicknames, so it's better to have a neutral and universal standard.

Last edited:
What is her current legal name? Is it Herring? Why is she still going by her ex-husband's surname (Warren)?

I prefer to use politicians' legal names. That's why I go with Rafael Cruz (not "Ted" Cruz), Addison McConnell (not "Mitch" McConnell) and Robert O'Rourke (not "Beto"). The reason is that politicians often try to manipulate us with nicknames, so it's better to have a neutral and universal standard.

She graduated law school whole married to her first husband. Meaning she had likely already published a number papers under the name Warren before remarrying. Changing her name at that point would have impeded her legal career. She also had her two children with Warren. Changing her name would likely be a headache with both her kids having the last name Warren.

Her last name is Warren, what manipulation are you worried about here and why didn't you just Google this?

She graduated law school whole married to her first husband. Meaning she had likely already published papers under the name Warren. Changing her name at that point would have impeded her legal career. She also had her two children with Warren. Changing her name would likely be a headache with both her kids having the last name Warren.

Her last name is Warren, what manipulation are you worried about here and why didn't you just Google this?
Google isn't offering her legal name, just her given name.

Are you saying you suspect that she never changed her legal surname upon divorce and remarriage with her new husband (Mann)? That would be strange. I don't know of any other cases of women who have done this. I think most 2nd husbands would at least want her to go back to her maiden name.

giphy.gif

Are you saying you suspect that she never changed her legal surname upon divorce and remarriage with her new husband (Mann)? That would be strange. I don't know of any other cases of women who have done this. I think most 2nd husbands would at least want her to go back to her maiden name.

she's a Mann, baby.

No that wouldn't be strange. It's common especially in professional fields like law or entertainment, because as I've stated once you start working and publishing changing your name would cause a disconnect between your previous work and you moving forward. I gaurentee you know of bunch of actresses/musicians that still go by their first married name despite remarrying later. Pat Benatar comes to mind, and I'm sure Tina Turner got married at some point after Ike.

She already had likely made a name for herself as Elizabeth Warren, already had two kids with the last name of Warren, wasn't planning to have kids with her new husband. So why bother?

You know some woman don't change their name at all when they get married right?

Again what manipulation could be occurring here that you're worried about? Why would you have any grounds to suspect her last name is not Warren when that's the only name she's gone by since the late 60s? Especially considering you said you've found no information to the contrary.

Your interest here seems odd.

I gaurentee you know of bunch of actresses/musicians that still go by their first married name despite remarrying later. Pat Benatar comes to mind, and I'm sure Tina Turner got married at some point after Ike.
It seems like you're conflating given names and legal names again. To reiterate, I understand the continuity principle for given names of public figures. I'm asking about her legal name.

You know some woman don't change their name at all when they get married right?
Are you even reading my messages?

Again what manipulation could be occurring here that you're worried about? Why would you have any grounds to suspect her last name is not Warren when that's the only name she's gone by since the late 60s? Especially considering you said you've found no information to the contrary.

Your interest here seems odd.

Again, I'm interested in the idea of a universal standard. I'm going to try referring to all these politicians by their legal names instead of their "stage" names. So far it has worked out fine overall but it can impede communication with political non-junkies in some instances.

Well, Bob Johnson is on the ballot as "Laquanda Mohammed Sanchez" to maximize his appeal to voters at the polls.

Happens quite a lot when the woman has an already defined career under a certain last name, typically people who are on camera for a period of time or with social media, popular snap/instagram whatever’s.

Well, Bob Johnson is on the ballot as "Laquanda Mohammed Sanchez" to maximize his appeal to voters at the polls.
Running as a Republican because they typically vote when they see an R regardless of name. Appeals to both parties.

I find Ted so much more appealing after Trump. I think a bit of trump rubbed off on him

It seems like you're conflating given names and legal names again. To reiterate, I understand the continuity principle for given names of public figures. I'm asking about her legal name.

Are you even reading my messages?

Again, I'm interested in the idea of a universal standard. I'm going to try referring to all these politicians by their legal names instead of their "stage" names. So far it has worked out fine overall but it can impede communication with political non-junkies in some instances.

her name is Elizabeth Warren. this doesnt seem tough.

I guess unless you are some sort of "idiot"

Last edited:
her name is Elizabeth Warren. this doesnt seem tough.

I guess unless you are some sort of "idiot"
She clearly has something to hide. The real question is what?

she must be hiding that donald fucks ivanka. its the only explanation that makes sense.

Memes, the response of someone with a valid opinion. .
LMAO at what passes for a "valid opinion" in your eyes. You should stop right now before you make a complete fool of yourself.

Fucking dumb complaint. My sister remarried and retained her first husband's last name. He died and she still has her first husband's last name. It's what normal people do. I don't know about younger people these days, but that's always been the way of things as far as I know. And it's a gigantic fucking pain in the arse to change your legal name. People who bother usually have a very specific reason beyond "some fucking shertard might not like it".

Back