Question about drug testing

Hearse Lightning

Not an Uber
@Brown
Reaction score
I have a physical in about 7hrs. They'll be taking a urine sample to test for marijuana and will be taking a blood sample.

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago when I found out about the test and when I did smoke it was never much. One hit before my morning workout about 2 to 3 times a week.

I bought a detox drink for peace of mind but now it's hitting me that I have to give a blood sample and have been asked not to eat anything today before the test.

Should I not drink the detox drink? Do you think that will show something off in my blood work? Anybody have any experience with this?

I would assume if they are taking a urine test and blood test, the drug test will be from the urine. Blood drug tests are expensive and time consuming. This is just an assumption.

Not sure about blood but there's a good chance thc will show in your piss. I'd take the detox... Maybe go buy that fake piss just make sure you don't heat it up too much. If it says microwave for 3 seconds do it for 3 seconds... Source: experience...

Drug testing is weird.

Like OK we'll give you this job, but first I would like to look at your pee.

You’ll be fine, unless you’re a heavy everyday smoker, it’ll clear your system in a week. Why are they testing for marijuana at a physical? Unless your screening for a job in law enforcement, nobody gives a shit if you’ve smoked pot within the last two weeks, it’s mostly just to make sure you’re not showing up to the physical high.

I would say you're safe.

I had to take a similar test the next day, and I'm a daily smoker. I drank a bottle of test fooling stuff, and passed, or they didn't do the test.
This was for a hospital so they probably did the test.

Also, drink lots of water to flush your system and piss lots. About an hour before you do the test, drink orange juice to fix the pH or it'll look like you were trying to hide something.

Also, drink lots of water to flush your system and piss lots. About an hour before you do the test, drink orange juice to fix the pH or it'll look like you were trying to hide something.
Think I should avoid the detox drink altogether then? I feel like it's a trade off. I'll pass the urine test but then they might be concerned with high sugar or something in my blood.

Think I should avoid the detox drink altogether then? I feel like it's a trade off. I'll pass the urine test but then they might be concerned with high sugar or something in my blood.
I might compromise:
Flush with water.
Drink half a bottle, you're not a regular smoker. (I recall the stuff tasting awful, may be better if you refrigerate it first)
More water

An hour or so before pissing, orange juice.

I think that should set you up to pass. Best odds.

When yoy fill the cup - do it with the middle of the stream not the beginning or the end.

The middle part of your stream is mostly water. The beginning and end carry most of the other stuff.

Also drop a pube in there. When I was a dick-checker in the army, something like pubes would count as contaminate and the whole thing would have to be thrown out.

Which would give you another chance.

Dude you should be in fine if you're in shape and have small body fat. THC sticks to fat so the more fat you are determines how long it will stay in your body. Unless you're an active daily smoker meaning all day long, then you're screwed.

When yoy fill the cup - do it with the middle of the stream not the beginning or the end.

The middle part of your stream is mostly water. The beginning and end carry most of the other stuff.

Also drop a pube in there. When I was a dick-checker in the army, something like pubes would count as contaminate and the whole thing would have to be thrown out.

Which would give you another chance.

Minus the pube thing, drinking alot of water before the test will help give a inconclusive sample which means they will let you retake it.

Worse case scenario I would do this.

One thing ive learned about passing drug tests is to not trust the knowledge of stoners and drug users.

If I were you I would come up with some bullshit story to delay the test.

I once failed a piss test 31 days after my last hit. And I was skin and bones at the time in high school.

I also failed a probation test 14 days after doing cocaine, when everything you read online says it's gone in 4 days. I should clarify I failed for a cocaine metabolite.. but I still went to jail for it.

Occasional smoker + two weeks clean = clean test.
As long as you're being honest about how much you smoked you should be fine after two weeks.

Why can't you just say you forgot and had a soda or something

It really depends what levels they are testing for. I believe the standard is like 50 ng/ml which is fairly high. If you weren't a regular daily smoker you'll be fine if it really has been 2 weeks. You can get under 50 ng/ml in a week or so really.

I'd do like other have said and drink plenty of water but make sure your pH levels are back normal for the test or they'll think you are hiding something and make you retake it or possible check for lower threshhold of THC. Also just to be safe make sure you aren't doing major exercise or weight cutting that might release THC from stored fat.

Do you know which level they are checking for?

Any place that requires your piss and blood is not worth your time. That's nazi shit.

Back