Question about abortion

Lost

Looking through
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are miscarriages accepted as a child's death, while abortions are not?

Seems like the same thing to me, what am I missing here?

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

Well, abortion is a miscarriage of sorts...a miscarriage of justice

jk, abortion is a good thing

b/c miscarriages would logically be deduced as God's fault or part of his plan. what a guy

I'm not even sure what TS is asking. They're both deaths. Miscarriage is generally unintentional and abortion being a willful and intentional ending of a pregnancy. Seems straightforward to me.

I'm not even sure what TS is asking. They're both deaths. Miscarriage is generally unintentional and abortion being a willful and intentional ending of a pregnancy. Seems straightforward to me.

Well, a lot of people try to justify abortion as not killing a living thing, because it hasn't been born. So I was curious if anyone had explanation to explain why some people can say that while viewing miscarriages as a child dying.

Btw I agree with you.

Legally speaking, a miscarriage isn't accepted as the death of a child. At least not in most western nations.

Socially speaking, future parents losing their future baby - something they have started building their hopes and dreams around and possibly picked a name for - is accepted as someone having lost a child because they have started valuing it as a child.

Can't tell the difference between choice and natural cause?

Unless you're talking about miscarriages from neglect?

Also in before RIP brings up jesus or god.

Well, a lot of people try to justify abortion as not killing a living thing, because it hasn't been born. So I was curious if anyone had explanation to explain why some people can say that while viewing miscarriages as a child dying.

Btw I agree with you.

Yeah I understand how people may have that opinion, and I believe it's more of a way to clear their conscience. An unborn baby has a heartbeat, can hear, feel (both sensory and emotionally), and move, so I really don't know how anyone can deny that that's a life. Maybe that's just me tho.

I think he might be asking why people view a miscarriage as a child dying but don't consider an aborted fetus to be a child. I'm not 100% sure though.

My wife had 2 miscarriages. We were very sad each time, but nowhere near the level of sadness that we would've felt if the babies had been born already.

So I guess abortion is death, just a less important death.

And if you see it as murder, it's just a less important murder.

Kinda like a little white lie is not as bad as a big lie.

One should have happened to you and the other one is a miscarriage.

Who said miscarriages are a child's death?

I don't consider it death

My wife had 2 miscarriages. We were very sad each time, but nowhere near the level of sadness that we would've felt if the babies had been born already.

So I guess abortion is death, just a less important death.

And if you see it as murder, it's just a less important murder.

Kinda like a little white lie is not as bad as a big lie.

I appreciate the honesty man.

Back