Hard Eight (1996)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Magnolia (1999)
Punch Drunk Love (2002)
There Will Be Blood (2007)
The Master (2012)
Inherant Vice (2014)
Phantom Thread (2017)

Tarantino has stated in interviews that he considers PTA to be his closest peer & rival in filmmaking. IMO QT has had a much more consistently successful career with more interesting and eventful movies. PTA subject matter has gotten more niche over time. I still haven't seen Phantom Thread.

I still haven’t got around to watching Magnolia even though everyone raved about it at the time

I enjoy Steel Magnolias as much as the next guy but I would consider it a great film.

I still haven’t got around to watching Magnolia even though everyone raved about it at the time

I couldn't past the first hour, it got boring imo. Boogie Nights & There will be blood trounces most of Tarantino's filmography though.

It’s a ripoff of Short Cuts right down to the Julianne Moore casting. Still a great movie tho.

Anderson is the better director based solely on a creative level, but he hasn't yet made a film I'd be willing to see twice. Some not even once. I'm too juvenile. Just give me kick and splode.

QT:
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Jackie Brown (1997)
Kill Bill I & II (2003, 2004)
Death Proof (2007)
Inglorious Basterds (2009)
Django Unchained (2012)
The Hateful Eight (2015)
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

PTA:
Hard Eight (1996)
Boogie Nights (1997)
Magnolia (1999)
Punch Drunk Love (2002)
There Will Be Blood (2007)
The Master (2012)
Inherant Vice (2014)
Phantom Thread (2017)

Tarantino has stated in interviews that he considers PTA to be his closest peer & rival in filmmaking. IMO QT has had a much more consistently successful career with more interesting and eventful movies. PTA subject matter has gotten more niche over time. I still haven't seen Phantom Thread.

Finally got round to watching the interview I posted in your TWWB v THE thread, eh?

Potentially my favourite Tom Cruise performance.
Everyone's favorite Tom Cruise performance should be him going off book and doing a terrible impersonation of Jack Nicholson, making Demi Moore, Kevin Pollack, and even himself break scene.

Quentin Tarantino has had a huge overall influence on me as a film fan...He is my favorite writer/filmmaker, but that aside he has had the most impact on me as almost a film teacher or critic in a sense just by listening to him talk.

Even people who are not huge fans of his should listen to his interviews, because if you're a film fan, after you listen to an interview of his, you will leave with a plethora of film recommendations that vary widely in genre and taste. I couldn't begin to list the genres/directors/actors etc that I've come to know because I heard Tarantino mention them somewhere.

Everyone's favorite Tom Cruise performance should be him going off book and doing a terrible impersonation of Jack Nicholson, making Demi Moore, Kevin Pollack, and even himself break scene.

Dammit I can't watch at work!

I’m a bigger fan of QT because I love his style but PTA is pretty incredible

QT and it is not even fucking close, it isn't in the same league, it isn't even the same fucking sport

I couldn't past the first hour, it got boring imo. Boogie Nights & There will be blood trounces most of Tarantino's filmography though.

neither better than pulp fiction and I like Boogie Nights

QT made too many frivolous movies in a row and now that he's back in saddle making actually good movies he's got one feature left.
<Oku01>

Meanwhile PTA is pretty good at making a frivolous movie here and there and not becoming boring while keeping the high class movies coming also.

Back