Movies Quentin Tarantino Names The Top 11 Films of All Time

I think this is an old list. I remember QT saying he had "dazed and confused" in an updated Top 10 movies list.
It could easily be in my top 10. Every scene works, even with the one younger kid being a shitty actor. It's a near perfect movie. It fully captures the party life of the early to mid-90's, in a 70's setting. You know a movie is great when it almost aches when it ends. The very best movies remind me that my youth is gone and I almost get anxiety when it ends, because it's like a faster version of it fading away. It sounds negative, but it's just proof the movie grabbed something. I don't want that party to end, dammit.. I want to meet on the football field with friends and some chicks and have a night that's an experience again.. I feel it at the end of 'Almost Famous' as well. I want to experience fun life as a 14-15-16-17 year old again, and when the movie ends it reminds me I can't and I don't want "it" to end.

Odd that Battle Royale isn't there. He always says it's his favorite of all time.

The Godfather pt II
The Godfather
Chinatown
No Country For Old Men
Alien
Goodfellas
The Empire Strikes Back
They Live
Planet of the Apes
Oldboy
Leon the Professional

Tarantino's take on Prometheus:

Last edited:
I'm not saying they are BS. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but this list reeks of somebody trying to be cool by naming stuff off the beaten path. The dude is a hipster and is probably all pop cultural elitist and annoying to hang out with, but I imagine those quirks are what help him pump out some all time great movies.

Almost all the stuff he names isn't exactly obscure though, its just not from recent decades. Again I think this has almost become whats expected, when a big name director gets asked for his favourites he lists his influences prior to his career.

Marty's top 12...

2001: A Space OdysseyStanley Kubrick, 1968.
– Federico Fellini, 1963.
Ashes and Diamonds – Andrzej Wajda, 1958
Citizen KaneOrson Welles, 1941.
The Leopard – Luchino Visconti, 1963.
Paisan – Roberto Rossellini, 1946.
The Red Shoes – Michael Powell/Emeric Pressburger, 1948.
The River – Jean Renoir, 1951.
Salvatore Giuliano – Francesco Rosi, 1962.
The Searchers – John Ford, 1956.
Ugetsu Monogatari – Mizoguchi Kenji, 1953.
VertigoAlfred Hitchcock, 1958.

Back