Television Queen of England Actress, WUT?

I'm sure per usual people will bitch and whine while ignoring the long history of whitewashing roles in Hollywood. That's always different for.... some reason.

{<hhh]
its not different, its just as shit.

They give zero fucks after Black Achilles. Remember when everyone was talking about that. Yeah you won’t remember this either.

The worst example of this is that black guy casually hanging around town in the beauty and the beast remake. Meanwhile the reality of that era was that black people in france were either shunned, killed for witchcraft, or slaves.

Its so fucking insensitive and if i was a reincarnated black frenchman from that era id literally go blow up the disney hq.

This is not progressive, its regressive.

Last edited:
Jodie-Turner-Smith-Says-Shes-So-Lucky-Be-Married-Joshua-Jackson-01.jpg

Is that Joshua Jackson?

That article says it's re-imagining and isn't a period piece. I'm not sure if it might be a modern day re-imagining from reading it or not. It's not very clear.

If it's set at the time then it's obviously historically inaccurate (but probably no more so than the amount of American accents British historical characters have had in movies), if it's a modern day version, then they can do what they want with it.

That kind of thing isnt really anything new when it comes to say Shakespear, loads of adaptations/plays that are deliberately not historically accurate.

The worst example of this is that black guy casually hanging around town in the beauty and the beast remake. Meanwhile the reality of that era was that black people in france were either shunned, killed for witchcraft, or slaves.

Its so fucking insensitive and if i was a reincarnated black frenchman from that era id literally go blow up the disney hq.

This is not progressive, its regressive.

That Richard Madden BBC series The Bodyguard came to mind, the police/security services were full of women and ethnic minorities in a fashion I'm guessing not at all reflective of reality.

When does diversity become propaganda? giving the public a false impression of racism/sexism/etc being dealt with via the fiction they consume?

I read something saying that apparently the modern American accent is closer to Medieval/Tudor English accents than modern English accents, so maybe that's more accurate.

Well thats total nonsense.

I'm sure per usual people will bitch and whine while ignoring the long history of whitewashing roles in Hollywood. That's always different for.... some reason.

{<hhh]
Thing is, people haven’t. People have been bitching about it for a long time. Hollywood just refused to listen since they thought they had to cast a famous white person in the role or it wouldn’t sell.

Apparently there is a new British TV series on Henry VIII, and they selected Jodie Turner-Smith to play Queen Anne Boleyn. I think they most definitely nailed the casting and the resemblance is uncanny. I'm looking forward to future Malcolm X biopic starring Jacky Chan and Nelson Mandela remakes featuring Mel Gibson.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/jodie-...nnel-5-series-from-fable-pictures-1234605855/
images_of_anne_boleyn.jpg

jodie-turner-smith-.jpg

Wait.... So they are going to do a tv show where an actor pretends to be something they aren't?

Is she going to do white face?

its all pink on the inside

in my experience the darker they are on the outside the pinker they are on the inside.

also she is beautiful.

also this show will suck

also who cares

also joshua jackson does look like shit.

Apparently there is a new British TV series on Henry VIII, and they selected Jodie Turner-Smith to play Queen Anne Boleyn. I think they most definitely nailed the casting and the resemblance is uncanny. I'm looking forward to future Malcolm X biopic starring Jacky Chan and Nelson Mandela remakes featuring Mel Gibson.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/jodie-...nnel-5-series-from-fable-pictures-1234605855/
images_of_anne_boleyn.jpg

jodie-turner-smith-.jpg
I don’t know I mean didn’t people really love black-face stage actors in the 1900s in America.

I heard mahershala ali will play Leif Erikson in an upcoming bio pic with chaz bono playing the native american chief.

Uncanny resemblance
blog-pic_leiferikson32.png
mahershala_ali_photo_michael_loccisanogetty_images.jpg

Back