Television Queen of England Actress, WUT?

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Apparently there is a new British TV series on Henry VIII, and they selected Jodie Turner-Smith to play Queen Anne Boleyn. I think they most definitely nailed the casting and the resemblance is uncanny. I'm looking forward to future Malcolm X biopic starring Jacky Chan and Nelson Mandela remakes featuring Mel Gibson.
British model and Queen & Slim actress Jodie Turner-Smith is to play Anne Boleyn in a convention-defying Channel 5 drama made by the Sony-backed Stan & Ollie producer Fable Pictures.

Deadline can reveal that the ViacomCBS-owned broadcaster has commissioned a three-part series that will examine the downfall of Boleyn through the prism of a psychological thriller rather than a stuffy period drama retreading the demise of King Henry VIII’s second wife.
https://deadline.com/2020/10/jodie-...nnel-5-series-from-fable-pictures-1234605855/
images_of_anne_boleyn.jpg

jodie-turner-smith-.jpg

All them royals look the same to me

That article says it's re-imagining and isn't a period piece. I'm not sure if it might be a modern day re-imagining from reading it or not. It's not very clear.

If it's set at the time then it's obviously historically inaccurate (but probably no more so than the amount of American accents British historical characters have had in movies), if it's a modern day version, then they can do what they want with it.

All them royals look the same to me
its all pink on the inside

Ted "Fucking" Danson???

Ugh. I’m black and I hate this stuff.

the show will tank anyway. All these crappy shows go nowhere.

I like shoes where black people play black characters and white characters play white characters.

Would you cast an Indian guy as Bruce Lee?

I like socks

Now imagine making a film about an African King like Oba Ewuare or Osei Kofi Tutu and casting them as a white man...

I tried to but I fell asleep

That article says it's re-imagining and isn't a period piece.

So I guess it isn't going to be bloody then

At least she's hot.
British shows have been doing it for decades. Hollow Crown had black Arch Bishop Arundel, ffs!

Ugh. I’m black and I hate this stuff.

the show will tank anyway. All these crappy shows go nowhere.

I like shoes where black people play black characters and white characters play white characters.

Would you cast an Indian guy as Bruce Lee?
I dunno bro, virtually identical...
ESFsxxoVUAEUXvt
<Goldie11>

That article says it's re-imagining and isn't a period piece. I'm not sure if it might be a modern day re-imagining from reading it or not. It's not very clear.

If it's set at the time then it's obviously historically inaccurate (but probably no more so than the amount of American accents British historical characters have had in movies), if it's a modern day version, then they can do what they want with it.

I read something saying that apparently the modern American accent is closer to Medieval/Tudor English accents than modern English accents, so maybe that's more accurate.

It's one thing to do this with fictional characters, but now for actual people?

After the complaints rolled in about the lack of diversity in the Chernobyl series, it's a breath of fresh air to see shows in the UK maintaining historical accuracy.

Back