Social Queen B's Partisan COVID/Vaccine Megathread

Lol UK numbers said to be exploding. That vaccine is amazing! Go get your booster so you can catch it again and again.

Here's how Pfizer would report those findings:

Patients who required ventilation
Ivermectin 4... ( 1.4% )
Non ivermectin.. 10 ( 4% )
A 60% Reduction in patients who require ventilation

Patients who died
Ivermectin 3.. ( 1.2% )
Non ivermectin 10. ( 4% )
A 70% reduction in mortality

ICU admissions
Ivermectin 6
Non ivermectin 8
A 20% reduction in ICU admission

Straws?

<{ohyeah}>

Well, the article defines what is meant by severe. Try reading it. And none of the differences you posted were statistically significant. So no, the article doesn’t “literally prove” that Ivermectin can prevent death or ventilation.
lol wtf?

It's virtually impossible to hit statistical significance when you're dealing with a sample size so small.

The p-value on the reduction in death from ivermectin was .09. That means that there's a 91% chance that the observed reduction in mortality from taking ivermectic was not due to chance.

No study can "prove" anything. But this study was, by its own admission, designed not to test mortality: "Before the trial started, the case fatality rate in Malaysia from COVID-19 was about 1%,25 a rate too low for mortality to be the primary end point in our study. "

lol wtf?

It's virtually impossible to hit statistical significance when you're dealing with a sample size so small.

The p-value on the reduction in death from ivermectin was .09. That means that there's a 91% chance that the observed reduction in mortality from taking ivermectic was not due to chance.

No study can "prove" anything. But this study was, by its own admission, designed not to test mortality: "Before the trial started, the case fatality rate in Malaysia from COVID-19 was about 1%,25 a rate too low for mortality to be the primary end point in our study. "

Its not virtually impossible. It depends on the strength of the effect. The mortality in this study is from the high risk cohort. The authors cite a meta analysis of RCTs showing no overall effect on survival. I understand survival was not their primary outcome. I’m not the one making the positive claim. The poster I was responding to was.

I also understand studies do not attempt to prove, hence why I put the term in quotes. Read what I was replying to first.

So, as I clearly explained in my original post, this study does not demonstrate Ivermectin as an effective antiviral for any of the outcome variables. Again, read what I was replying to.

The authors cite a meta analysis of RCTs showing no overall effect on survival.
Umm... you should check that citation. That meta analysis has since been retracted by its authors in the last month due to fraudulent data.

Source: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/9/3/ofac056/6523214

edit: This actually makes no sense, because in the corrected story, published a month ago, they say that their original meta analysis found a 56% survivability increase, and that the fraud was only perpretrated by pro-ivermectin studies: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/9/2/ofab645/6509922

edit edit: I can't tell now which version of the meta analysis was cited, because the study links to the 2021 retracted version.

Last edited:

Try again mate. There was a complete removal of nearly all restrictions (including masks except in hospitals etc) a week or two before the spike in Australia.

Australia even recognizes natural immunity for a period post infection. I just received a text this morning saying I don't have to isolate for 2 months from my infection because my immunity should be sufficient. It's also only a 7 day quarantine for infection with the view to scrap it completely if asymptomatic. It will be the Flu in Australia in no time, because the hospital and death numbers have remained within reasonable levels regardless of cases.

Average life expectancy in Nigeria is 54 years. https://knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/topics/Demographics/Age/Life-expectancy-at-birth
You really think they are keeping a good track of their covid deaths?They don't even make it to the high risk death age.

They also regularly wear masks of all things due to the prevalence of other viruses and pollution.
https://www.voanews.com/a/nigerian-authorities-raise-concerns-over-low-life-expectancy/6414707.html

Try actually reading or having some knowledge about the countries before believing these idiots on social media.

Try again mate. There was a complete removal of nearly all restrictions (including masks except in hospitals etc) a week or two before the spike in Australia.

Australia even recognizes natural immunity for a period post infection. I just received a text this morning saying I don't have to isolate for 2 months from my infection because my immunity should be sufficient. It's also only a 7 day quarantine for infection with the view to scrap it completely if asymptomatic. It will be the Flu in Australia in no time, because the hospital and death numbers have remained within reasonable levels regardless of cases.

Average life expectancy in Nigeria is 54 years. https://knoema.com/atlas/Nigeria/topics/Demographics/Age/Life-expectancy-at-birth
You really think they are keeping a good track of their covid deaths?They don't even make it to the high risk death age.

They also regularly wear masks of all things due to the prevalence of other viruses and pollution.
https://www.voanews.com/a/nigerian-authorities-raise-concerns-over-low-life-expectancy/6414707.html

Try actually reading or having some knowledge about the countries before believing these idiots on social media.

Have you signed up for your 4th shot yet? lol...

Umm... you should check that citation. That meta analysis has since been retracted by its authors in the last month due to fraudulent data.

Source: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/9/3/ofac056/6523214

edit: This actually makes no sense, because in the corrected story, published a month ago, they say that their original meta analysis found a 56% survivability increase, and that the fraud was only perpretrated by pro-ivermectin studies: https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/9/2/ofab645/6509922

edit edit: I can't tell now which version of the meta analysis was cited, because the study links to the 2021 retracted version.

This should be helpful. https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/9/2/ofab645/6509922?login=false

The original article (retracted) showed a 56% increase in survivability. The authors found out about the fraudulent study, and addressed other potential issues (intentional or not) in the updated review. Excluding the known fraudulent study the mean effect falls to barely significant (0.05). Excluding the high risk studies (reasons justified within) there is no significant difference.

Last edited:
Ask Jen, she's on her second infection of omicron. Who the hell gets onicron twice? Not us and we had the wife's parents stay with us for 4 days with it and none of us are vaxxed.

I know they don't want to report breakthrough cases BUT someone should keep track of who's getting infected more than once.

Have you openly supported Russia yet because they invaded Ukraine to save the children from getting vaccinated? That's how this works right? You don't like boosters so that means you support everything an anti vaxer supports.

Because I don't believe the vaccine is an aids inducing death shot, I want to get endless boosters right?

You could just put your hand up and say I didn't look into the tweet and didn't know a single thing about either country, but that would actually take admitting you were wrong.

Poor nation that doesn’t have the ability to test to see why people are dying, in a country with an already elevated death rate

Not exactly hard to figure out why their “official” numbers are lower than first world countries
That clown's claim is total bullshit, obviously, and so easily debunked he deserves a paddlin' for posting it IMHO.

Poor nation that doesn’t have the ability to test to see why people are dying, in a country with an already elevated death rate

Not exactly hard to figure out why their “official” numbers are lower than first world countries
Wouldn’t their hospitals of been overwhelmed? People dead in the streets etc

Wouldn’t their hospitals of been overwhelmed? People dead in the streets etc

I linked it above but the average life expectancy over there is 54 years. They don't even make it to the age to worry about covid.

Same with countries like India which is 69.66.

In comparison the US is 78 and Australia is 82.

I don't think top quality hospital care, tracking covid numbers is really a priority over there.

If you want to base your covid policy and data off a country that makes it to 12 years below the US retirement age be my guest, but it seems pretty silly to be honest. Doesn't mean other approaches haven't been stupid though.

If you want to base your covid policy and data off a country that makes it to 12 years below the US retirement age be my guest, but it seems pretty silly to be honest. Doesn't mean other approaches haven't been stupid though.

I'd actually argue that it would be less stupid to base your covid policy off of Nigeria's numbers than what actually happened in most first world countries.

This entire supply chain "crisis" is completely man made world governments. A small percentage of 70+ year olds were dying from or with covid and they shut down or slowed millions of jobs because of that. Jobs that had little to no 70+ year olds working them.

All the inflation and supply and demand problems we see are due to terrible covid policies that encompassed everyone instead of just the vulnerable and now everybody has to pay for it. They could have just worked to protect the vulnerable and the issues we're seeing now would be exponentially lower.

I'd actually argue that it would be less stupid to base your covid policy off of Nigeria's numbers than what actually happened in most first world countries.

This entire supply chain "crisis" is completely man made world governments. A small percentage of 70+ year olds were dying from or with covid and they shut down or slowed millions of jobs because of that. Jobs that had little to no 70+ year olds working them.

All the inflation and supply and demand problems we see are due to terrible covid policies that encompassed everyone instead of just the vulnerable and now everybody has to pay for it. They could have just worked to protect the vulnerable and the issues we're seeing now would be exponentially lower.

Go back in the news before covid and we still had supply chain issues and inflation.

Now let's look at Nigeria because you have assumed they aren't faced with the same issues...
https://theconversation.com/nigerias-food-inflation-losers-winners-and-a-possible-solution-172313

Now maybe in 2005 and 2008 it was contributed to by world events at that time, but the reality is Nigeria like most countries has it's own issues and has for a long time. Inflation sucks, but we have these massive jumps every 5-10 years, before we settle to a new normal. It's the nature of an entire world wide economy built on taking on debt to grow wealth.

Go back in the news before covid and we still had supply chain issues and inflation.

Now let's look at Nigeria because you have assumed they aren't faced with the same issues...
https://theconversation.com/nigerias-food-inflation-losers-winners-and-a-possible-solution-172313

Now maybe in 2005 and 2008 it was contributed to by world events at that time, but the reality is Nigeria like most countries has it's own issues and has for a long time. Inflation sucks, but we have these massive jumps every 5-10 years, before we settle to a new normal. It's the nature of an entire world wide economy built on taking on debt to grow wealth.

If you think that the inflation and supply issues are coincidental and aren't in large part due to covid policies, then I don't know what to tell you because there's probably no reasoning with you.

Still restrictions for me.

Reactions: mon
Back