1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

quarter nelson to side control.

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by dirtroller, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dirtroller Green Belt

any one ever do this one?I keep getting into this while rolling so i searched it today on youtube and found a nice vid.I use the second variation using only one hand and with the knuckles to the back of his neck.I lose power but its quicker i have more control and in bjj guys usually go over like butter anyway.(well atleast the guys on my level ).I dont know why but this move feels really sweet when you pull it off.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-h6E7L-mO8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-h6E7L-mO8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Lame Yellow Belt

nice vid

3. alphamale Purple Belt

i hit this all the time , which is surprising considering i have ZERO wrestling outside of what we learn in BJJ.

i think all those years of WWF growing up as a kid taught the various 'nelsons.'

for some reason though its not as appreciated when i hulk up and drop the leg.

4. Wrestleben Brown Belt

Our school teaches this and drills it once in a while.

5. _Glorfindel_ MMA Coach

Catch 101 baby!!

6. L1l3v1l White Belt

My teacher is a great wrestler and taught me this a long time ago. For some reason the technique stuck really well, and I use it all the time.

7. Hamburger Legs Orange Belt

It seems if you kept the arm grip after you have them on their back, you could transition into the monoplata really easily. If that didn't work, you could still hold onto the arm and go for a mounted triangle I would think. I like this technique, I'll try it out in class Saturday, thanks.