Qatar gave Stinger missiles to Taleban , missles the US gave Qatar in 2011

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Cliffs:
In 2011 the Hillary State department approved the transfer of Stinger missiles to Qatar , which were supposed to go to Anti Gaddafi rebels. Qatar had other plans...., they gave some 50-60 of those Stingers (newer Stingers not the Soviet era ones) to the Taleban.

Taleban have used these Stingers against US forces in Afghanistan.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/08/how-the-taliban-got-their-hands-on-modern-us-missiles/
The Obama administration isn’t only giving the Taliban back its commanders — it’s giving them weapons.

Miliary records and sources reveal that on July 25, 2012, Taliban fighters in Kunar province successfully targeted a US Army CH-47 helicopter with a new generation Stinger missile.

They thought they had a surefire kill. But instead of bursting into flames, the Chinook just disappeared into the darkness as the American pilot recovered control of the aircraft and brought it to the ground in a hard landing.

The assault team jumped out the open doors and ran clear in case it exploded. Less than 30 seconds later, the Taliban gunner and his comrade erupted into flames as an American gunship overhead locked onto their position and opened fire.

The next day, an explosive ordnance disposal team arrived to pick through the wreckage and found unexploded pieces of a missile casing that could only belong to a Stinger missile.
Modal Trigger

The Taliban took out a US Chinook helicopter in 2012 with a Stinger missile signed out by the CIA around the time of the attack.Photo: Reuters

Lodged in the right nacelle, they found one fragment that contained an entire serial number.

The investigation took time. Arms were twisted, noses put out of joint. But when the results came back, they were stunning: The Stinger tracked back to a lot that had been signed out by the CIA recently, not during the anti-Soviet *jihad.

Reports of the Stinger reached the highest echelons of the US command in Afghanistan and became a source of intense speculation, but no action.

Everyone knew the war was winding down. Revealing that the Taliban had US-made Stingers risked demoralizing coalition troops. Because there were no coalition casualties, government officials made no public announcement of the attack.

My sources in the US Special Operations community believe the Stinger fired against the Chinook was part of the same lot the CIA turned over to the *Qataris in early 2011, weapons Hillary Rodham Clinton’s State Department intended for anti-Khadafy forces in Libya.

They believe the Qataris delivered between 50 and 60 of those same Stingers to the Taliban in early 2012, and an additional 200 SA-24 Igla-S surface-to-air missiles.

Qatar now is expected to hold five Taliban commanders released from Guantanamo for a year before allowing them to go to Afghanistan.

But if we can’t trust the Qataris not to give our weapons to the Taliban, how can we trust them with this?

When will the US ever learn...

No matter how many times Pakistan, Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait back-stab and proactively support forces that kill Americans and advance genocidal sectarian goals, the US still keeps supporting them .

50-60 Stinger missiles seem like a lot , i.e a bit hard to believe Qatar gave that many but who knows...

Maybe if we let Qatar keep the World Cup they'll get the missiles back?

They gave stingers to the Libyan rebels just before they enforced a no-fly zone?!

Maybe the US should stay out of these countries. I'm sure the US wouldn't take kindly to a foreign government sending their troops into the United States.

Maybe the US should stay out of these countries. I'm sure the US wouldn't take kindly to a foreign government sending their troops into the United States.

This.

When the U.S. stays out, other countries step in.

Iran in Syria, Russia in Ukraine, and China in the Pacific.

As the U.S. runs for cover the world will get a lot more "interesting" again.

If you really want to stop terrorism, air strike the shit out of the royal families of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.

Soon Iran will wipe all the pyjama wearers off the map. USA is fed up with them.

If you really want to stop terrorism, air strike the shit out of the royal families of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE.

I'm not against that, but can you imagine the shitstorm that would follow that all over the muslim world?

That was why I was totally against arms to Syria other than small arms (AK types, RPK's, and maybe RPG's). Any kind of advanced weapons should not be going to the rebels.

US does not learn its lessons due to political idiocy by policy makers.

That was why I was totally against arms to Syria other than small arms (AK types, RPK's, and maybe RPG's). Any kind of advanced weapons should not be going to the rebels.

US does not learn its lessons due to political idiocy by policy makers.

They're liberal elitists. They're just flat out better than you.

I'm not against that, but can you imagine the shitstorm that would follow that all over the muslim world?
I could care less what a medieval culture think. If Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE got wiped off the map tomorrow, they would fully deserve it for all their underhanded stunts they've pulled.

I could care less what a medieval culture think. If Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE got wiped off the map tomorrow, they would fully deserve it for all their underhanded stunts they've pulled.

it's not what they think, it's what they'd do in that case. remember their reaction to some fucking vignettes and imagine what they'd do if Saudi royal family got bombed by the USA.

Even better the royal family send their son to learn military tactics at the most prestigious military academy in the US West Point. He just graduated this year from West Point.
Father Emir, Sheikha Moza and Hamad Victor Nazim the son. He is the first member of an Arab royal family to attend and graduate the school.
20707086.jpg

Unfortunately that usually happens. Sell the older stuff to everybody else to upgrade our tech. We create a danger but hope that we still have the upper hand but you never know depending on who uses the weapons can be very dangerous. A small country might not be feared but who has hold of it is a concern especially if ambitious and ruthless. Imagine being shot down by your own creations, mind blowing.

How many progressives and libertarians on these boards want to say 'I told you so' right now? Probably all of them. Our foreign policy is still a huge fail and the fact that people even consider Hillary a viable candidate for the presidency shows just how meaningless voting has become.

it's not what they think, it's what they'd do in that case. remember their reaction to some fucking vignettes and imagine what they'd do if Saudi royal family got bombed by the USA.
They'll start some riots and do a few bombings if Saudi Arabia was attacked. Militarily, the Muslim world is quite incompetent.

Terrorism is thrown around a lot by American's, it has lost it's true meaning with some people.

Just shows the CIA are a joke outfit with no understanding of these Sunni Arab states. They are not to be trusted. They don't want rid of Assad and Gaddfi because they want to replace him with freedom and democracy. The groups they are backing are harsh, unmerciful killers.

Back