Q: Creatin and retaing water..

Nodecaf

Its still real to me, **** it!!
Reaction score
So Im entering a grappling turnament in a bit less then a month.
Im taking creatin, something I normally dont do (exept from NO-Xplode), and I know it makes you retain some water. Im weighing in the day before, and Im gonna cut some weight, and if the creatin makes me retain some water, my Q is:

How long before the weigh-ins should I stop taking creatin?
(NO-Xplode as well), if I want to lose that extra water?

I'm sorry...retaing?

I would make weight while still taking creatine. I'm pretty sure that is what most people that take it do. Did you actually track a weight difference from not taking it to taking it?

i know some people are are off the CEE bandwagon now, but i have seen good results from it and effevescent creatine and no water retention.

who knows, it could be placebo effect or just that fact that mono fucked with my GI tract more than most people though.

Fuck my English!
Dont retaining meen "holding" water?
lol! Ill edit

It does. He was just pointing out your typo, you said "retaing" instead of "retaining"

Edit: Also, the only time I'd stop taking it is while you cut water weight, if you choose to do so. It will only help in dehydrating you, then I'd take it again after you've sufficiently rehydrated.

I would make weight while still taking creatine. I'm pretty sure that is what most people that take it do. Did you actually track a weight difference from not taking it to taking it?

Does this not make you feel like shit? I know not drinking enough water and taking creatine is very bad, but I'm not sure how long it takes. Still, I would imagine this would still suck and you would think you'd have to stop drinking water even earlier since you have more to get rid of.

In my experience I stop losing weight after I stop taking creatine after about a week. So stop taking creatine a week or so before your competition if you have a lot of weight to lose.

I lose about 10 pounds in a week after I stop taking creatine.

Does this not make you feel like shit? I know not drinking enough water and taking creatine is very bad, but I'm not sure how long it takes. Still, I would imagine this would still suck and you would think you'd have to stop drinking water even earlier since you have more to get rid of.

Yeh, thats why I elaborated. If you don't drink adequate water while you does creatine, you're going to get massive cramps and feel extremely dehydrated. I more meant he shouldnt stop taking it a week or two out just to save a couple pounds. You definetely shouldn't take creatine while you are dehydrating yourself or when you can't drink a good amount of water with it.

In my experience I stop losing weight after I stop taking creatine after about a week. So stop taking creatine a week or so before your competition if you have a lot of weight to lose.

I lose about 10 pounds in a week after I stop taking creatine.

10 pounds`?
Well, I sure dont hold 10 pounds of extra water just from creatine, but a week or so sounds reasonable, thanks.

Yeh, thats why I elaborated. If you don't drink adequate water while you does creatine, you're going to get massive cramps and feel extremely dehydrated. I more meant he shouldnt stop taking it a week or two out just to save a couple pounds. You definetely shouldn't take creatine while you are dehydrating yourself or when you can't drink a good amount of water with it.

Well, Ill have to shed a few pounds, and its gonna have to be water. Maybe I even have to hit teh sauna, so taking creatine wont be an option.

exactly as long as u arent takin it when you are actually stopping the water intake

I would say just don't take creatine. It really doesn't help much and the dehydration and/or water retention are just a pain in the ass. You can max your potential with just protein and a good diet. If you want other help I would not try to get it from creatine. I never use it myself. That is my opinion so take it how you will.

I would say just don't take creatine. It really doesn't help much and the dehydration and/or water retention are just a pain in the ass. You can max your potential with just protein and a good diet. If you want other help I would not try to get it from creatine. I never use it myself. That is my opinion so take it how you will.

It doesn't do much? Causes dehydration? Christ, we just had another naive poster just like this float through here a while ago. Creatine is THEE most studied and proven ergogenic OTC supplement in history. It works. Period.

exactly as long as u arent takin it when you are actually stopping the water intake

OK, so the day before? But thats just to not be dehydrated, right?
It depends if the water retention will go away in such short time.

It doesn't do much? Causes dehydration? Christ, we just had another naive poster just like this float through here a while ago. Creatine is THEE most studied and proven ergogenic OTC supplement in history. It works. Period.

It does, though, make dehydration worse, if you're already dehydrated and you take it. Obviously if you don't read the instructions and drink enough water, you shouldn't be taking it.

It does, though, make dehydration worse, if you're already dehydrated and you take it. Obviously if you don't read the instructions and drink enough water, you shouldn't be taking it.

Fair enough. I suppose there's a plethora of stupid people taking creatine and not drinking h20.

Back