Q about sprints

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by chrise, Mar 11, 2008.

1. chrise

chrise White Belt

Hi everybody.
    I`m planning to put sprints back into my routine, because i`m not pleased with my progress.
    My goal is fat loss/general fitness.
    So my question is:
    Are longer sprints, like 200 - 400 m generally better for fat loss than short distances?
    If i sprint 200m uphill, jog back and repeat until i cant do no more, lets say 5-7 times, is it more effective than sprinting 50 - 100m uphill jog back and repeat until i can do no more, like 10 - 15 times?
    When comparing hiit to lsd it is often talked about the body`s "hormonal response"?
    Is it the same for both ways (long sprints/short sprints) if you really go until you cant anymore or has one an advantage above the other?

Thank you!

2. Jake Martin

Jake Martin Amateur Fighter

3. mmuhr2

mmuhr2 Orange Belt

alternate both, keep your body guessing

4. SB5

SB5 White Belt

I have a dilemma here. I have a couple hills of 20-25 degree and 35 degree near me. I love running them, but can't decide whether to do 6 all out sprints twwice a week to completely burn out, or 3-4 reps 3-4 days a week to get more sessions in.

Some will say hit legs in the gym one of those days, but I have a hand injury to I'm not deadlifting or squatting for a couple weeks. I do Staley's EDT for upper body alternating chins and dips, if anyone cares for the rest of the workout. Thanks for any input

EDIT: forgot it was my first post under this name, greetings everyone.

5. chrise

chrise White Belt

Very helpful, guys!
    Thank you!