PWD 986: Beyond Thunderdome

Best Mad Max Film

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@GoldenAzazel what do you think about the possible joshua vs usyk fight? big step up for usyk. who you think takes it?
I think AJ takes it, but Usyk ain't a joke. Out of the big 3 at heavyweight right now I don't think AJ is Usyk's hardest fight, but it isn't his easiest either. Usyk would probably do well enough to move, avoid, and have enough consistent output against Wilder to win a decision, but he'd get outclassed by Fury.

Usyk might have the skill to just do enough to win a decision, but that's the only way he's winning. Could see AJ TKOing or decisioning Usyk.

Stephan Bonnar is working a show in Stockton, I was already planning on going to this show cause its at one of those outdoor river bars that you can pull up to in your boat and I dig those places
Hopefully someone goes in the river

219021138_216929520434544_9002956433497022309_n.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Phil Baroni works for that promotion sometimes too, hopefully hes there and I can spill whiskey on him again like I did in San Jose

Stephan Bonnar is working a show in Stockton, I was already planning on going to this show cause its at one of those outdoor river bars that you can pull up to in your boat and I dig those places
Hopefully someone goes in the river

219021138_216929520434544_9002956433497022309_n.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg
Makes me think of Porky’s

Keith Lee would be a main eventer anywhere in the world.

I feel like Kross is the type of dude who Vince should love. 6ft 4, has a decent build, a hot wife, and is more image based than ability based. I say that knowing I had the same exact thoughts about EC3 though.

Fuck knows. I don't think many people claim to understand Vince.
i enjoyed keith lee's run on the indies.
dude was just being himself and having fun.

And not everyone can be a top guy just because they come to another company to be “used better”.

Yeah, but remember when lower card feuds meant something? Doesn't have to be top billing to be entertaining. Needs to me more respect put back on the "lower belts" IC/US/tag....ect

That's why they got stables. Even if people aren't wrestling every week, they are at least being shown and not sitting around in catering.

Fuck I love stables.

Agree. Plus heel stables are great long term storyline tools: beat the minions to get to the final Boss. Keeps the two main players away from each other until they finally get that singles match at the PPV....

I really do not want Bryan going to AEW. They are really top heavy as it is. Would much prefer he just do NJPW or some such if he is not sticking with the E
i agree about dbry.
ideally i would like him to throw the lucha mask back on, revamp the American Dragon as a heel and work AAA and NJPW.

Yeah, but remember when lower card feuds meant something? Doesn't have to be top billing to be entertaining. Needs to me more respect put back on the "lower belts" IC/US/tag....ect

Agree. Plus heel stables are great long term storyline tools: beat the minions to get to the final Boss. Keeps the two main players away from each other until they finally get that singles match at the PPV....
100%, Joe. The narrative just seems to be that anyone who’s not main eventing Wrestlemania is being misused by WWE and if they went to AEW then they’d be the guy. You can’t do that. If you have two quarterbacks then that means you got none!

100%, Joe. The narrative just seems to be that anyone who’s not main eventing Wrestlemania is being misused by WWE and if they went to AEW then they’d be the guy. You can’t do that. If you have two quarterbacks then that means you got none!

My issue with WWE is that the lower belts (especially the Tag Titles) mean nothing.... WWE could fix that with decent storylines...but they don't.

I think AJ takes it, but Usyk ain't a joke. Out of the big 3 at heavyweight right now I don't think AJ is Usyk's hardest fight, but it isn't his easiest either. Usyk would probably do well enough to move, avoid, and have enough consistent output against Wilder to win a decision, but he'd get outclassed by Fury.

Usyk might have the skill to just do enough to win a decision, but that's the only way he's winning. Could see AJ TKOing or decisioning Usyk.
yeah, usyks last fight was a little underwhelming. but he is so damn skilled, so im still interested to what he can do next

I’d like to see him run up and down the roads for at least a year before AEW is even a consideration
have him collect regional show titles along the way and then the only way into AEW is by putting them all on the line and defeating Omega at Double or Nothing.

have him collect regional show titles along the way and then the only way into AEW is by putting them all on the line and defeating Omega at Double or Nothing.
I just don’t want every single wrestler who’s contract expires or gets fired to immediately be in AEW, even someone the caliber of Bryan. That reeks too much of TNA

njpw it is then.
he can test his neck against takagi.

yeah, usyks last fight was a little underwhelming. but he is so damn skilled, so im still interested to what he can do next
I think perception of Usyk's performance last fight is people under selling Chisora as an opponent tbh. Whyte who's been number one contender for the WBC title for 3 years, Parker who is former WBO champion, and Usyk all struggled at points with Chisroa. Usyk was the one who struggled the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back