PWD 937: Maybe Jim Cornette Really Liked AEW Full Gear

Who is the best between these four? (Work rate, look, drawing power, size, promos, etc....)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they just knew what the hand that feeds wanted to hear
tenor.gif

The wife and I are at a baby shower with the kids. I thought it was a bday party because they have a little girl and I thought it was her bday. So I walk to the yard (it’s out front) end I say happy bday to little girl and she goes
<{1-10}>
and my wife tore
<Kpop01>
qnd everyone else goes
<{1-1}>
it was a baby shower !!!
<Lmaoo>

We're currently in the Mark Era of wrestling, where all of these wrestlers grew up as fans. A lot of these guys just want to be there, they don't care what they make or how they get treated as long as they get to be on RAW or Smackdown.

That's why Vince sells things like "Wrestlemania Moments" to the roster. "Sure you can go to Japan, but then how will you get on Wrestlemania pal?"

Then you always see things like people publicly asking for their release and the very next week they get a title reign lol. All it takes in the Mark Era is to let a guy wear a belt on TV for a month and they'll be content. Look at FTR for example, both of their RAW and Smackdown tag title reigns came after they asked for a release and both reigns kept them around for another 6 months each lol

The Mark Era has really sunk in recently with WWE having their roster cosplay as The Undertaker or last year cosplay as the old ECW roster for photoshoots. Imagine in 98 if Vince asked the roster to dress up as Randy Savage for a photoshoot in the WWF Magazine. Or imagine in 1988 Vince asked the roster to dress up as Bruno for a photoshoot. He would've been laughed out of his own building. Not in the Mark Era though, these dorks are happy to cosplay as their heroes.

One of the reasons I actually like hearing The Young Bucks in interviews before AEW started, they got asked a few times questions like "But you'll never get to be on Wrestlemania if you never go to WWE". They were like "Bruh, it's just a show, I'd rather be happy". It was a breath of fresh air in the Mark Era to hear something like that.

I think we need a new thread fellas

I'll go put something together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back