PWD 882: Empty Arenas Suck Hard

Should Frank start tweeting so Struggle comes back to feud with Lakersfan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That show and North Woods Law are my shits right now
Anything about water and animals and I'm All In
I shoulda been a fish
I'll check out north woods law tonight. Baby fett watches the aquarium with me, shes a mark for the Penguins while I wish that I was that rambunctious tank the sea turtle

some familiar faces in this doc

I know Archer is the flavor of the month right now, but from a character standpoint, can Cody take another high profile loss? He's currently presented as their top babyface (or at least babyface B if you think Mox is top guy), but he has lost every big/important/finale match he's been in. They're turning him into a guy who can not win when the lights are brightest and I don't know if that is good for them in the long run.
uh the lights were pretty bright when Cody beat Wardlow clean 1-2-3 inside of a steel cage

uh the lights were pretty bright when Cody beat Wardlow clean 1-2-3 inside of a steel cage
711b59vqbkl41.jpg

In the shadows of prestige and tradition no less! #TedBless

That wasn't the big match though. That was Cody beating the hired goon to get to the real boss, MJF. Then he lost.
See everyone?
Cody isn't trips.
Apparently he loses all the big matches.

I'm watching Daily Mass and this priest's name is Fr. Sheamus Hogan, brother.

See everyone?
Cody isn't trips.
Apparently he loses all the big matches.

Just thinkin out loud Moon. I don't really have a horse in this race to be honest.

But if you look at it, Cody is 0-2 in their last few pay-per-views (last win on pay per view was August of last year against Shawn friggin Spears). The only worthwhile competitors he's beaten are Wardlow before he was anything (am I mistaken or was that Wardlow's first match in AEDub?), and Darby, who Cody has made his punching bag for some reason. Most of his victories are against scrubs like Joe Alonzo, Janela, or Jimmy Havoc. He's basically presented as a can crusher.

(Took my stats from the internet, so they may be incomplete. If anything was missed I will gladly stand corrected.)

Just thinkin out loud Moon. I don't really have a horse in this race to be honest.

But if you look at it, Cody is 0-2 in their last few pay-per-views (last win on pay per view was August of last year against Shawn friggin Spears). The only worthwhile competitors he's beaten are Wardlow before he was anything (am I mistaken or was that Wardlow's first match in AEDub?), and Darby, who Cody has made his punching bag for some reason. Most of his victories are against scrubs like Joe Alonzo, Janela, or Jimmy Havoc. He's basically presented as a can crusher.

(Took my stats from the internet, so they may be incomplete. If anything was missed I will gladly stand corrected.)
He's got wins over Darby x2, Sammy Guevara, Dustin, Wardlow, and is ranked as the number 1 contender, so I think he'll be fine if he loses to Archer because of how well Archer has been built up. Dude absolutely decimated Dustin last night, made it look easy, and looked like the biggest threat in AEW while doing it. The company is still very young and there's a lot of time to build Cody back up, so there's no reason to risk completely fucking up Archer's momentum imo.

cody singles wins:
dustin
spears
sammy g
knicks
darby
janela
kip
wardlow
ortiz
havoc
spears again
darby again

cody singles losses:
jericho
MJF

Cody ppv record: 2-2-1

knicks is the only actual jobber on his wins list.

i think if Cody loses to Archer he will be fine,
because he's Cody.

the Jericho loss was to put over Jericho and the inner circle and build them up for the feud with MOX.
the MJF loss wasn't clean (foreign object) so i don't hold that loss against Cody,
plus that feud was designed to put MJF into main title contention (understandable because Cody took himself out of contention permanently).

Considering that the finals match isn't until May 23 aka my birthday,
there are several episodes of Dynamite! until then to further the story and see how this thing pans out.
i expect darby to get involved.

sometimes u just gotta trust.

Last edited:
I expect Cody to lose to Archer and eventually turn full on corporate heel

cody singles wins:
dustin
spears
sammy g
knicks
darby
janela
kip
wardlow
ortiz
havoc
spears again
darby again

cody singles losses:
jericho
MJF

because he's Cody.

the Jericho loss was to put over Jericho and the inner circle and build them up for the feud with MOX.
the MJF loss wasn't clean (foreign object) so i don't hold that loss against Cody,
plus that feud was designed to put MJF into main title contention (understandable because Cody took himself out of contention permanently).

there are several episodes of Dynamite! until then to further the story and see how this thing pans out.

Yeah, you said it way better than I did.

cody singles wins:
dustin
spears
sammy g
knicks
darby
janela
kip
wardlow
ortiz
havoc
spears again
darby again

cody singles losses:
jericho
MJF

because he's Cody.

You have a higher opinion of a lot of the guys on his wins list than I do, but that's fine (Dustin was my big omission). In the end we'll just have to see how the story plays out.

If I was Darby I would try to stay far away from Cody. Cody loves killing that guys momentum for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back