PWD 869: I AM NOT A NUGGET!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he seen the Lumberjill match between Melina and Alicia Fox?
zdXHUeC.gif

It's been a while since I've told this story. I watched that Tough Enough with my wife, who hated wrestling, but liked that show. At that point I asked her what her answer would have been and said. "Uhh ... Stone Cold versus ... I dunno ... Hulk Hogan?" I said, "That match never happened and it's still a better answer than Melina vs. Alicia Fox."

Thanks...originally I was hoping I could open again by the beginning of April...but they shut that idea down yesterday. Now, there's no timetable. I do kickboxing, muay thai, catch, folk, freestyle, grco, and mma. I had a decent adult program a decade ago until two Gracie franchises opened up in my customer area (they're on opposite sides and I'm in the middle.. I can't compete with the name for adults, but I'm one of the only ones who actually lets the kids do all the same stuff as the adults within reason so I keep a healthy population of kids and teens that way.

I've had that conversation with a bunch of parents lately about keeping paying during the closure...some of them I've been teaching their kid(s) for over a decade now. They're almost all on board with still paying until we get through this...but if this last until May like they're predicting in California I don't know if they'll stick to it...especially as more and more of them get sent home from work. So far only one person has bailed on the school since I announced the closing...and they had only been there 2 weeks. Hopefully everyone else will stick around.
I was in Marathon all of last week. We went down to the Key West for a day. I was there when they announced no more cruise ships for a month. The Cigar store I was in, the dude was stressing out after he heard it. He was like this is Spring Break and this time of year is a couple months worth of business. Felt bad so I bought two more cigars than I normally would have bought. So while on self quarantine I got a couple stogies to get me through being home a lot more than usual.

Someone else make the new thread, I'm too depressed. Make it sexy and psychotic.

Thanks...originally I was hoping I could open again by the beginning of April...but they shut that idea down yesterday. Now, there's no timetable. I do kickboxing, muay thai, catch, folk, freestyle, grco, and mma. I had a decent adult program a decade ago until two Gracie franchises opened up in my customer area (they're on opposite sides and I'm in the middle.. I can't compete with the name for adults, but I'm one of the only ones who actually lets the kids do all the same stuff as the adults within reason so I keep a healthy population of kids and teens that way.

I've had that conversation with a bunch of parents lately about keeping paying during the closure...some of them I've been teaching their kid(s) for over a decade now. They're almost all on board with still paying until we get through this...but if this last until May like they're predicting in California I don't know if they'll stick to it...especially as more and more of them get sent home from work. So far only one person has bailed on the school since I announced the closing...and they had only been there 2 weeks. Hopefully everyone else will stick around.

Shit. I'm sorry.

Shit. I'm sorry.

I've been texting back and forth with guys around the country I know from league stuff...they're all in the same boat. It's not a fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back