PWD 855: Royal Rumble Looms

Would you rather?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenix already trying to kill himself, not even a minute into the match lol

We need to get the PWD hype for it. This Royal Rumble has had the least hype in here for the past decade!
I think the theme of the Rumble winner getting a title shot at Wrestlemania is starting to hurt the event. When only 4, MAYBE 5 people can be viewed as realistic winners, it takes some of the fun out of it.

Still plan on watching as long as I make it back from my tournament in time.

I think the theme of the Rumble winner getting a title shot at Wrestlemania is starting to hurt the event. When only 4, MAYBE 5 people can be viewed as realistic winners, it takes some of the fun out of it.

I agree.

Not gonna lie, this Rumble got me feeling "meh"

Still gonna watch
They include a bunch of NXT guys now so probably no cool surprise entrances.

But then winning it wouldn't mean anything.

RR_01282018mm_100481.jpg

Fingers crossed for a Torrie appearance in the women’s Rumble.

The surprise legend returns never did it for me anyway. Rather see up and comers at this point.
You didn't pop for Nash as Diesel in 2011? Bubba in 2015 in Philly?

I think you’re spot on with this. The structure basically precludes any legitimate surprise wins, which in turn really hurts surprise entrants or the creation of underdog stories.

I think the two championships help bring back the surprise element though like Big Nak winning a couple years ago then challenging AJ for the “lesser” title.

I think the two championships help bring back the surprise element though like Big Nak winning a couple years ago then challenging AJ for the “lesser” title.

I don't want to be reminded of AJ and Shinsuke hitting each other in the balls over and over and over for 4 months.

I think you’re spot on with this. The structure basically precludes any legitimate surprise wins, which in turn really hurts surprise entrants or the creation of underdog stories.

Also, if you have a heel champ, you know a face is winning the rumble.

I don't want to be reminded of AJ and Shinsuke hitting each other in the balls over and over and over for 4 months.
I can’t believe either one of them thought to buy a cup in that time or maybe one did for a comedy spot in the match and I don’t remember it. I tried to forget as well.

Problem this year is having 2 "heel" champs. Unless DB beats Wyatt, unlikely, we are getting 99% surely getting a face winning the Rumble. And they are rarely as good for cash ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back