PWD 703: RSR appreciation edition

Choose the definitve PWD phrase for calling someone retarded!

• Never go full Lakersfank!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's suffering from adult onset full Lakersfoot!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be upset if WWE in a blatent LAX rip off put the Almas, Houseparty and Rey in a Mexican mob type stable

On nitro 96 up to the episode of Scott Hall's debut yet to see the full episode, overall 96 wcw was pretty good post uncensored. Flair/savage, Giant as wcw champ, Luger/Sting tag team and a solid midcard. Eddie Guerrero got showcase alot for a midcard even back then promotions knew he was talented just lack a personality back then as he was generic face 101.

Woman's rumble winner could be Becky/Charlotte or co-winners to set the WM match, men's rumble is more open Rollins is the best option for RAW but Smackdown is way open. Balor could win and jump to SD challenge Bryan, etc could be a swerve men's winner since the woman's winner is predictable.

Watch a bunch of retro impact matches over december the SPIKE tv era was it's peak. At one time had a all star roster mix of legends with the originals (AJ,Joe, Daniels, etc) but that fumbled all the way down the TV channel food chain. Had a true chance to solidify itself as the definitive no.2 promotion but now that's up in the air if AEW takes off provide they make the right recruitment, marketing and promotion.

Balor/Brock a fresh match as Braun/Brock already happened twice and I doubt the third time would be decent, that No mercy match was bad. Balor will lose but hopefully isn't a 5 min squash aleast a AJ Styles level match to put Finn over strong in defeat he's upper midcard/utility main eventer at best currently.

Ambrose/Rollins is a letdown feud considering all the history to under-perform compared to there epic 2014 feud it was a creative misfire as it gets. Ambrose as a heel is a flop, at the time I thought it could relaunch dean back into the main event but the goofy character with the gas mask,etc midcard'd him at the moment.

I wouldn't be upset if WWE in a blatent LAX rip off put the Almas, Houseparty and Rey in a Mexican mob type stable
Latino_World_Order.jpg

the book is practically written.

Almas win over Rey should be the beginning of an eventual main event push/WWE title reign might as well start now and come Summerslam should be good to go for a main event run by that time with the proper build up. Throwing anyone into main event scene doesn't work as seen with the Jinder Mahal push of jobber to main event with no significant wins pre no.1 contender wasn't taken seriously at all as main event level.Thus, his title reign flopped as a result.

Almas win over Rey should be the beginning of an eventual main event push/WWE title reign might as well start now and come Summerslam should be good to go for a main event run by that time with the proper build up. Throwing anyone into main event scene doesn't work as seen with the Jinder Mahal push of jobber to main event with no significant wins pre no.1 contender wasn't taken seriously at all as main event level.Thus, his title reign flopped as a result.
This made me rewatch Jinder winning the title just now. I usually hate the fan reaction shots they do as it just seems so contrived and looking to manufacture a "moment"... but the looks on some of their faces is god damn hilarious. One guy is clearly just laughing to himself like "fuck it"

After a while of deliberation, I think I might start an early years TNA review podcast. I really need a hobby and this might cleanse me week to week. One man pods are hard to do... but I'll put it out there for the hell of it I think.

After a while of deliberation, I think I might start an early years TNA review podcast. I really need a hobby and this might cleanse me week to week. One man pods are hard to do... but I'll put it out there for the hell of it I think.

Early TNA is a strange mix of amazing matches (X-division) mixed with Russo booking. The roster itself is a mix of ex WCW/ECW/WWE mixed with the originals as a result you get matches that you never expect eg Ken Shamrock vs Sabu,etc. The early 00s in both TNA/WWE had heels on top (Jeff Jarrett/HHH) as it took a while to find the future top face (Batista/Cena).

Well, looks like Becky has turned heel on us. She's now wrestling in Jeans and T-Shirt. What did we do to deserve such treatment?! Well, I mean, other than all the other stuff.

Last edited:
Early TNA is a strange mix of amazing matches (X-division) mixed with Russo booking. The roster itself is a mix of ex WCW/ECW/WWE mixed with the originals as a result you get matches that you never expect eg Ken Shamrock vs Sabu,etc. The early 00s in both TNA/WWE had heels on top (Jeff Jarrett/HHH) as it took a while to find the future top face (Batista/Cena).

TNA was really good, until Hogan, Hogan fucked everything up.

TNA was really good, until Hogan, Hogan fucked everything up.

Hogan/Bischoff era tanked the company moving to Monday nights was one of the stupidest moves by a promotion ever and then taking it on the road away from the impact zone increasing expenses massively that the company couldn't recover from it's at a point of a near impossible rebuild. To go from SPIKE tv (Paramount) to the Pursuit channel is a fall of grace.

Well, looks like Becky has turned heel on us. She's now wrestling in Jeans and T-Shirt. What did we do to deserve such treatment?! Well, I mean, other than all the other stuff.

Change of persona should match with a change of attire imo, steampunk/typical attire wouldn't match the 'man' character. The man character itself has a shelf-life, it's a matter of time before it gets stale with the Mcgregor esque antics will wear thin with the audience in time won't be now or at mania but end of year saying the same promo over and over will wear thin.

Miz was on a roll for so much of the year, and they have let him go ice cold.

Hogan/Bischoff era tanked the company moving to Monday nights was one of the stupidest moves by a promotion ever and then taking it on the road away from the impact zone increasing expenses massively that the company couldn't recover from it's at a point of a near impossible rebuild. To go from SPIKE tv (Paramount) to the Pursuit channel is a fall of grace.

Not only that, Hogan had full creative control, even though he wasn't an in-ring performer. He once gave himself pyro, for basically doing "This is gonna be a tag match, holla holla holla". Then, he stripped the identity of the company from removing the 6 sided ring (although, by all accounts, the 6 sided ring is rock hard, and the 4 sided ring is like landing on a mattress by comparison), he brought in The Nasty Boys and Bubba The Love Sponge

Then, there was the Immortal storyline, which really didn't need to be done again, because WCW did the nWo, WWF did The Corporation, ECW did The Network, then WWE did the Alliance, and then WWE did the nWo, it's been done to death, and what people were crying out for was something different, and instead they got what we've already seen, but of a lower quality.

Not only that, look at all the factions that TNA had going just as Immortal was kicking off... The Main Event Mafia, The TNA Frontline, FOURtune, The World Elite, LAX, EV2.0... there's fuck all need for Immortal on top of that. Hell, Immortal had factions within the faction... and then to make it all the more ridiculous, they had Immortal with their nWo rip off theme, they decided to add another nWo rip off in "The Band"

Then you have Russo compounding the situation...

When they managed to chase of Bill and Doug, you know they fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back