PWD 695: The Return of Super Happy Fun Time

Will AndersonsFoot become the next Bubba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer is sick, and she will just go to bed if I go on Twitch, so ya know. Wanna spend time with her on New Years!
Same actually. I hope she's feeling better soon :)

All Elite Wrestling encompasses something which I have a problem with in modern wrestling. The promotion names don't really have any gravitas, and it's a hangover from ECW.

Like "The World Wrestling Federation", "World Championship Wrestling", "The National Wrestling Alliance", "United States Wrestling Alliance", it made it feel like it was something that actually meant something, even smaller territories like "Georgia Championship Wrestling", and "Florida Championship Wrestling" made things feel like they were important. But now, it doesn't feel like it's a serious endeavour, more that it's a brand name.

Things like "Total Nonstop Action", "Impact Wrestling", "Global Force Wrestling", "Insane Championship Wrestling", "Evolve", "Progress", "Pro Wrestling Guerilla", "Revolution Pro Wrestling", It doesn't have that "Important" feel. It might just be cause pretty much every name's probably been taken, but "All Elite Wrestling" really isn't a good name, for starters, that company is gonna need jobbers, which then renders the whole thing moot.

All Elite Wrestling encompasses something which I have a problem with in modern wrestling. The promotion names don't really have any gravitas, and it's a hangover from ECW.

Like "The World Wrestling Federation", "World Championship Wrestling", "The National Wrestling Alliance", "United States Wrestling Alliance", it made it feel like it was something that actually meant something, even smaller territories like "Georgia Championship Wrestling", and "Florida Championship Wrestling" made things feel like they were important. But now, it doesn't feel like it's a serious endeavour, more that it's a brand name.

Things like "Total Nonstop Action", "Impact Wrestling", "Global Force Wrestling", "Insane Championship Wrestling", "Evolve", "Progress", "Pro Wrestling Guerilla", "Revolution Pro Wrestling", It doesn't have that "Important" feel. It might just be cause pretty much every name's probably been taken, but "All Elite Wrestling" really isn't a good name, for starters, that company is gonna need jobbers, which then renders the whole thing moot.
CpY9SWAUAAAZ2jo.jpg

DependableEasyAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

Work with me @Smigg.

CpY9SWAUAAAZ2jo.jpg

DependableEasyAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

Work with me @Smigg.

Not after seeing any reference to that fucking car crash of an interview. That is the most awkward I have ever felt watch TV, and that includes the "I think there's been a rape up there" from The Office.

Naomi when she first started the "glow" gimmick:
Naomi_1920x1080.jpg

Naomi now:
DuzKdKkVYAArURF.jpg:large

Someone finally gets it...

Chat me up on the "Ring of Honor" name. I think that it's pretty good. What say you? @Smigg

SomethingToWrestleLA_3x2_600.png

I don't like this dude's gimmick.

@HereticBD Big Nak just became worth twice the money. Contract expiring...

I don't care what people are paying him. I made a prediction that he would do very little in the WWE, and fizzle out. It appears I was correct, no?

Happy Rusev Day!

Bully Ray Gives Advice To AEW, Compares All In To ECW's Barely Legal

Bully was also asked about the rumored All Elite Wrestling promotion that looks like will be started by Elite members Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks. After the success of their All In event, it is believed that they will strike out on their own when their Ring Of Honor contracts expiring at the start of the new year. Bully compared All In to ECW's inaugural pay-per-view event Barely Legal in the sense that they all bet on themselves and did whatever they had to do to put on a great event. He pointed out that Rhodes and The Bucks always had ROH to fall back on if All In was unsuccessful, which wasn't the case for ECW superstars.

"If you're gonna go and do it, you better go guns ablazin', you can't half-ass it. Those guys are smart guys. When you look at a show like All In, I know so many people were mesmerized by it and it was a phenomenal event, but was All In really any different than Barely Legal? Barely Legal is the original All In because that was the entire company, ownership and wrestlers, truly going all in on their style and their beliefs, and that show changed the wrestling business," he said. "So I understand Cody and The Bucks, when they went all in on that show, they did have Ring Of Honor to fall back on. ECW had no safety net, we had no safety net, those guys did. Still, that doesn't take away from any success they had from that All In show, because it was a great event, and probably in the top-three most talked about things of 2018, I would say… So if they're gonna do it, they gotta go for the jugular and do it right because I don't think you're gonna get a second opportunity here."

In any case, Bully said he wishes the best for them. He wished Matt and Nick Jackson well in particular, because he remembers how they were at the start of their careers and he respects what they've built themselves into now.

"I really want to see it work for Nick and Matt," he said. "I don't care where Nick and Matt find success, I just want them to find success because I saw those two guys start off like scared little kids in TNA, and to see what they've turned into and how they've kept their heads on straight, it's good to see."

Read more:https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/12/bully-ray-gives-advice-to-aew-649357/

jopTOUB.gif

A-E-Dub!

A-E-Dub!

A-E-Dub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back