PWD 596: Canadian ruined edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that it's only the states acting a fool after legalizing gay marriage.

Everywhere else are still all gender defined.

That or you equate a few morons with an entire culture, sub culture and generation.....which is disengenuous as fuck and only used to keep a narrative going.

Same shit as "conservatism = racism"....which we all know isn't true. But again....it's that kind of politicizing every thing mentality that is used by both extremes. It's fake....it's ignorant and just plain draining on people who just want to not give a fuck.

Nerkish reposts a shit of the progressive bullshit from major outlets all over the country. It isn't a 'few morons', it's an agenda propagandized by media

De8BYJkVQAEhjT7.jpg

In B4 "Yeah but Fox News..."

The Supreme Court is a hellishly political animal, with votes often cast to curry favor and make decisions look strong. This why Larry Flynt beat down Falwell 9-0, because once the die was caste it was over. A 6-3 vote would go 5-4 with the other two left votes, and Kennedy (the only one breaking ties anymore) would then go to the other and make it 6-3 most likely. If circumstances were different, without decades of rather strong Republican power, this case would never have been the one chosen to decide this issue. It relies on wedding cakes being a case of artistic expression.

Switch this baker to a Muslim and the case would have little support. Hell the right would be glowering that the conservative court saved gay rights against the evil liberal Sharia.

The Supreme Court is only supposed to interpret law not create it.

Weird that it's only the states acting a fool after legalizing gay marriage.

Everywhere else are still all gender defined.

That or you equate a few morons with an entire culture, sub culture and generation.....which is disengenuous as fuck and only used to keep a narrative going.

Same shit as "conservatism = racism"....which we all know isn't true. But again....it's that kind of politicizing every thing mentality that is used by both extremes. It's fake....it's ignorant and just plain draining on people who just want to not give a fuck.
On the first point this is just factually wrong. Maryland, which voted to legalize gay marriage on the ballot, recently passed bipartisan legislation forbidding gender reassignment of children on any level.

On the second point it would be hard to argue that there is even one conservative movement without a bigot wing. Hell Trump's entire campaign was based on embracing bigotry, he didn't even have a thought much less a platform.

Nerkish reposts a shit of the progressive bullshit from major outlets all over the country. It isn't a 'few morons', it's an agenda propagandized by media

De8BYJkVQAEhjT7.jpg

In B4 "Yeah but Fox News..."
Forgot Sinclair network.
full.gif

In reality a bigot shop would be very viable, most people don't care about social justice. People who would otherwise use the business won't, but compared to people seeking the shop out because of their stance will be astronomical. Hell it got Trump to the Presidency, this is no small group.

The founders thought that economics would end slavery, and only a few lived long enough to see that would never happen.
I'd say Trump got elected because people seen themselves in him and think he would make a good president, you wouldn't think that because someone thought like you they'd make a good cake. If somewhere offers a better product or at a better price why would someone not choose them just because of politics?

The Supreme Court is only supposed to interpret law not create it.
The Supreme Court's power to interpret law comes from their own decision based upon their interpretation of the Constitution. Also in many cases it creates laws. Here it says one can't compel a business provider to provide items for someone based upon preference. This is writing the laws of Michigan, they can't possibly pass a bill requiring businesses to serve gays now because it violates this ruling.

The Plessy case is instrumental, the court chose a case to make segregation work.

On the first point this is just factually wrong. Maryland, which voted to legalize gay marriage on the ballot, recently passed bipartisan legislation forbidding gender reassignment of children on any level.

On the second point it would be hard to argue that there is even one conservative movement without a bigot wing. Hell Trump's entire campaign was based on embracing bigotry, he didn't even have a thought much less a platform.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Yep only conservatives are bigots, none exist with progressives. Ya'll need to stop using words you don't understand

I'd say Trump got elected because people seen themselves in him and think he would make a good president, you wouldn't think that because someone thought like you they'd make a good cake. If somewhere offers a better product or at a better price why would someone not choose them just because of politics?
This goes against my beliefs, completely. Someone shouldn't support a business due to politics or culture. As a wrestling fan I have argued for Braun to take Roman's spot not because hes white or southern but because hes better at his job. He doesn't share my culture or politics but I'm not buying a ticket to a convention but a damn show.

Trump got the nomination because the bigot wing hadn't gotten a real candidate. Now he was helped by the entertainment factor in the general election (of course many Republicans would've won) but without amassing the bigot vote he had no chance whatsoever in the primary.

The Supreme Court's power to interpret law comes from their own decision based upon their interpretation of the Constitution. Also in many cases it creates laws. Here it says one can't compel a business provider to provide items for someone based upon preference. This is writing the laws of Michigan, they can't possibly pass a bill requiring businesses to serve gays now because it violates this ruling.

The Plessy case is instrumental, the court chose a case to make segregation work.

No it doesn't. Laws weren't supposed to be created by 9 unelected suits. This is why public school is a failure.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Yep only conservatives are bigots, none exist with progressives. Ya'll need to stop using words you don't understand
I know this is a silly argument, but you can't be trying to say bias against bigotry is equitable to bigotry. It defeats the entire enterprise. The issue is prejudice, I'm not prejudging, I'm judging.

This goes against my beliefs, completely. Someone shouldn't support a business due to politics or culture. As a wrestling fan I have argued for Braun to take Roman's spot not because hes white or southern but because hes better at his job. He doesn't share my culture or politics but I'm not buying a ticket to a convention but a damn show.

Trump got the nomination because the bigot wing hadn't gotten a real candidate. Now he was helped by the entertainment factor in the general election (of course many Republicans would've won) but without amassing the bigot vote he had no chance whatsoever in the primary.
Well that's kinda what I'm saying.

I would disagree that Trump got the nomination because of the "bigot wing". That might have been a small part of it, but a lot of the people who were Trump supporters at the time (that I spoke to at least) just wanted something different or to shake things up a little because they were tired of their voices not being heard and they thought it might have changed the face of politics for the better. I probably would have considered voting for him for that reason, and I definitely don't think I'm a bigot.

<DCWhoa>

Don't you blue ball me motherfucker.

I know this is a silly argument, but you can't be trying to say bias against bigotry is equitable to bigotry. It defeats the entire enterprise. The issue is prejudice, I'm not prejudging, I'm judging.

This is the same argument communists use to gain support their causes "We are just anti-fascists, you don't support fascism do you?" By awarding yourself the moral high ground, you can justify any actions against anyone, sort of what actual fascists did.

Well that's kinda what I'm saying.

I would disagree that Trump got the nomination because of the "bigot wing". That might have been a small part of it, but a lot of the people who were Trump supporters at the time (that I spoke to at least) just wanted something different or to shake things up a little because they were tired of their voices not being heard and they thought it might have changed the face of politics for the better. I probably would have considered voting for him for that reason, and I definitely don't think I'm a bigot.

“Grab her by the pussy” should have disqualified him instantly regardless of everything everybody who dug a little knew about him. The last person to ‘drain the swamp’ would be a millionaire (not actual billionaire) failed NY robber baron with a golden toilet who got his money from his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back