PWD 586: The Bullfrog Splash, Ending Matches and Hopes

Best SNL Era

• Mid 2000's to present Kenan, Hader, Sudeikis, Samberg, Kate McKinnon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching RAW and it was a pretty solid show, but the booking just doesn't make sense to me.

Why is Roman whining all the time when he's the face and Jinder is willing to compete even though he's been unfairly injured? Surely the face should be willing to strive through the tough times without complaining like a bitch and the heel shouldn't.

Why should we agree with Roman's complaints (even though he lost at WM and everything since then is undeserved) but Michael Cole can't shut up about KO complaining to get what he wants?

Pushing Ronda into a title shot this early with a woman who has been carried in all her recent matches and her last feud by Alexa Bliss is an accident waiting to happen. If this goes wrong (which is likely) the crowd will turn on Ronda.

Why did Riott Squad lose? There's no real feud here between them and their opponents, so they just look weak. Why would a stable that's been together for over a year now lose to trio of superstars who have no tag team chemistry between them?

What is Bobby Lashley's gimmick and why should I care? Is it just that he's a tough scary dude? We already have two better versions of that in Lesnar and Strowman.

That being said I enjoyed most of the show.

These Nikki and John shit is a work.

Best SNL cast was one of those weird hybrid years that still had some 80s leftovers but also had some of the future 90s stars.

Fuck, 1990 may have been the very damn year:

Nora Dunn
Jon Lovitz
Dennis Miller (back when he was actually funny)
A. Whitney brown
Jan Hooks
Victoria Jackson
Dana Carvey
Phil Hartman
Kevin Nealon
Mike Myers.

But damn, around 92 or so the cast was everyone above except for Dunn and Lovitz, in addition to:

Chris Rock
Chris Farley
Rob Schneider
Julia Sweeney
David Spade
Adam Sandler
Tim Meadows

1990 also featured Conan O'Brien and Bob Odenkirk as writers. Early 90s SNL was fuckin STACKED

That coulda been GOAT season before Farley just wanted to be the fat guy who fell down every skit and Sandler just wanted to play a guitar like “jahabdy-hooo SHUT UP!” then Hartman was the comic genius glue that held it all together

Just finished watching RAW and it was a pretty solid show, but the booking just doesn't make sense to me.

Why is Roman whining all the time when he's the face and Jinder is willing to compete even though he's been unfairly injured? Surely the face should be willing to strive through the tough times without complaining like a bitch and the heel shouldn't.

Why should we agree with Roman's complaints (even though he lost at WM and everything since then is undeserved) but Michael Cole can't shut up about KO complaining to get what he wants?

Pushing Ronda into a title shot this early with a woman who has been carried in all her recent matches and her last feud by Alexa Bliss is an accident waiting to happen. If this goes wrong (which is likely) the crowd will turn on Ronda.

Why did Riott Squad lose? There's no real feud here between them and their opponents, so they just look weak. Why would a stable that's been together for over a year now lose to trio of superstars who have no tag team chemistry between them?

What is Bobby Lashley's gimmick and why should I care? Is it just that he's a tough scary dude? We already have two better versions of that in Lesnar and Strowman.

That being said I enjoyed most of the show.
Romans booking is beyond any logic.

Romans booking is beyond any logic.
I'm not even against Roman or anything. I honestly don't think he's a bad wrestler, but he's just written and booked in the worst ways. Nobody is gonna get behind him like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back