PWD 335: Dennis Rodman For The 2017 HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Ross and Jim Cornette are gonna do commentary on the WCPW IPPV featuring Kurt Angle, Cody Rhodes and Jay Lethal

That'll put clicks on the buy button

I'd listen to JR do commentary on paint drying and grass growing.

I don't think Kenny loses the briefcase, so I think they capitalize on him being red hot and give him Okada in the dome. Now whether or not he wins is another thing entirely, but I think they at least have him in the match.

Ibushi could get the push easy, he just has to commit to NJPW long term. That's why I think they were comfortable with Kenny taking G1, I don't see him jumping any time soon. If Ibushi signs on the line that is dotted, the belt is basically his at this point. Michael Elgin just looks so unbecoming.

Did you see Omega's promo after he won the G1? It was in Japanese, but the trnaslation basically said he can't "go there".

Jim Ross and Jim Cornette are gonna do commentary on the WCPW IPPV featuring Kurt Angle, Cody Rhodes and Jay Lethal

That'll put clicks on the buy button

They'll probably just talk about NWA and Smokey Mountain Wrestling.

I don't think Kenny loses the briefcase, so I think they capitalize on him being red hot and give him Okada in the dome. Now whether or not he wins is another thing entirely, but I think they at least have him in the match.

Ibushi could get the push easy, he just has to commit to NJPW long term. That's why I think they were comfortable with Kenny taking G1, I don't see him jumping any time soon. If Ibushi signs on the line that is dotted, the belt is basically his at this point. Michael Elgin just looks so unbecoming.

Okada/Omega would be helladank. The thing with the G1 is it definitely gives some storylines more panache, the time limit with Okada/Tana definitely doing that. I got into NJPW a little bit last year, but stopped watching before the G1 and hte rise of Naito (who is hella over). I don't know what Ibushi is doing, but it would be cool to see him come back to NJPW b/c he would obviously have some awesome matches w/ Tana/Okada/Ishii/Omega/Naito, whoever.

Don't worry, The Big Guyjin is coming is coming to take Elgin's belt LMAO.

I agree with this, though I'm inclined to think that Okada retains. A lot has been made of Okada's inability to headline over Tanahashi, a main event without Tanahashi in which he wins goes along way for Okada.

Okada/Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Title and Tanahashi/Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Title will probably be the top billings for Wrestle Kingdom.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Tana/Okada, especially after their draw in the G1. When are the big shows for NJPW outside of the 1/4 show?

BTW, I had never really seen Naito wrestle that much before seeing that match with Omega. He is obviously very, very good. I like his style.

tumblr_nrphhn950b1tt2jjyo1_250.gif

Did you see Omega's promo after he won the G1? It was in Japanese, but the trnaslation basically said he can't "go there".

Yeah, and I think that's best for him tbh. Dude is fluent in japanese, has a moveset the the WWE would totally neuter, and he has the ability to go with anyone. I'm not Gedo by any means, but he's ace level to me. Have him drop the match to Okada at WK, put him in a program where he goes over Tanahashi, then have Chaos and Bullet Club go to war culminating in an ultimate face off between Okada and Perfect Form Kenny for the strap.

LOL what the fuck

ECCW Jobber Title

In the late 1990s, the Vancouver-based Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling had gained a lot of notoriety for its edgy product on the Pacific Coast. Not unlike the Philadelphia promotion of similar name and style, there were no limits in this organization, that built its reputation on bloody battles between Matt Borne and Billy Two Eagles and frequently pushed the envelope to generate momentum. However, in trying to be provocative and pull back the curtain a little on wrestling, the league introduced the Jobber Title in 1999. The belt, labelled with a wrestling term for a wrestler that fails to secure a mark in the win column, was bestowed upon the losing-est wrestler in the organization. The inaugural crowning featured a tournament in which the combatants had to lose to advance.

Jobber1.jpg

Okada/Omega would be helladank. The thing with the G1 is it definitely gives some storylines more panache, the time limit with Okada/Tana definitely doing that. I got into NJPW a little bit last year, but stopped watching before the G1 and hte rise of Naito (who is hella over). I don't know what Ibushi is doing, but it would be cool to see him come back to NJPW b/c he would obviously have some awesome matches w/ Tana/Okada/Ishii/Omega/Naito, whoever.

Don't worry, The Big Guyjin is coming is coming to take Elgin's belt LMAO.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Tana/Okada, especially after their draw in the G1. When are the big shows for NJPW outside of the 1/4 show?

There's also Shibata in that mix, dude is over as fuck, even gets cheers on Tanahashi. I wouldn't be opposed to a Elgin/Shibata match at Wrestle Kingdom.

The "PPVs" of NJPW are generally Wrestle Kingdom (Jan), New Beginning (Feb), Invasion Attack (Apr), Wrestling Dontaku (May), Dominion (Jun), Destruction (Sep), King of Pro Wrestling (Oct) and Power Struggle (Nov). The most likely date for Okada/Tanahashi (if they in fact have a title match this year) will be at King of Pro Wrestling in October IMO.

I'm gonna get my Millican before you get your Millican, art thou enraged brethren?

<20>
The biggest pro rasslin based regert of my life will be passing on a brand spanking new Millican that Dave offered to ship to me that day because someone else was taking too long to pay for it
Oh what was I thinking

The biggest pro rasslin based regert of my life will be passing on a brand spanking new Millican that Dave offered to ship to me that day because someone else was taking too long to pay for it
Oh what was I thinking

Wew lad, that's rough.

I'm new to the belt game (on account of only recently getting real disposable income), but I figure my first belt should be a "go big or go home" belt. I'll probably buy the cheapy replica belts just to build a collection, but I want a Millican as my crown jewel. Big gold obviously, lol.

Wew lad, that's rough.

I'm new to the belt game (on account of only recently getting real disposable income), but I figure my first belt should be a "go big or go home" belt. I'll probably buy the cheapy replica belts just to build a collection, but I want a Millican as my crown jewel. Big gold obviously, lol.
I hope youre prepared to wait several years cause his waiting list is crazy long
Millicans obviously got the big name in the game but theres someone else out there making belts that are IWGP quality that Im really loving right now but for some reason I cant remember the damn name right now

@The Higher Power Im sure you know who Im talking about
Hes the best in the game right now
Help me out with a name please

Yep. The Naito/Omega match lived up to the hype.

Naito countering the One Winged Angel into Destino had me like

tumblr_mg5y15KyPb1qa3bzoo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back