PWD 327: It's Official! Smarkslam in Hipsterland

Status
Not open for further replies.
For every bit Raw was great, Smackdown was just the opposite. Awful theme, that stupid camera that makes you miss half the action, Dolph freaking Ziggler going over just to prove some stupid point no one cares about.

Like it was not clear enough which one is and will forever be the B-show.

I don't mind it if it's just for smackdown. It feels like when ur playing a sports videogame and someone messed with the camera settings and u can't figure out which one u had / liked previously
It's exactly like that, but you're playing the whole time thinking "something's not right" and somehow you are unable to enjoy the game.

Wrestling 101: you build some momentum, then you give some guy a big push.

Styles has crazy momentum. Cena is Cena. Wyatt is always a player. They even make Apollo gain some momentum throwout the show.

You give Ziggler the rub, who has been doing nothing but being in kickoff matches for 3 years, you just diminissed your title in your very first show.

But hey, what do I know.

This thread is still pretty fake and gay. I don't care if SJU came back or not!

I don't think SmackDown was quite as bad as some of you seem to, but it definitely wasn't as good as Raw. I don't think that the problems with SD had much to do with a theme or a logo or camera angles or Dolph Ziggler. I think the problem with SD was evident during the Battle Royal where the writing was on the wall at how shallow the roster was beyond the 5 guys who had already been picked for the 6-pack challenge. The eight guys in Raw's two Fatal Fourways might not all have been legit possibilities to win, but I think everyone of them was a strong step over anyone in that battle royal (insofar as being a believable guy to win both matches). KO, Cesaro, Jericho, Zayn, Rusev, even Sheamus, as shitty as he is, I would have believed as possibly the guy, if for no other reason than to have Ambrose go over a proven heel come SummerFest.

And then on top of that, I think it was a huge mistake not feature American Alpha on the debut show. Raw featured Balor in his first main roster show, obviously, and then also had Sasha take her place on top of the Women's Division. Having American Alpha come out and absolutely tear the shit out of someone - whether a team like Ascension or some jobbers - would have gone a long way, imo.

This new Raw theme is pretty neat.:)

That being said almost any song ever would be better than that awful old theme.

Two examples of a ridiculous ass job

Two examples of a ridiculous ass job

The top chick lives 45 minutes away from, I've seen her a few times and it looks like she has a full diaper that needs to be changed when she wears pants. Looks disgusting

The top chick lives 45 minutes away from, I've seen her a few times and it looks like she has a full diaper that needs to be changed when she wears pants. Looks disgusting

Next time you see her, do the Roman Reigns "oo-rah!" in front of her and spear her!

Wood change

– After last week’s Draft episode of Smackdown managed to top Raw, things went back to normal this week. Last night’s episode of Smackdown brought in a 0.98 rating and 2.743 million viewers, down 18% and 13% from last week’s 1.18 demo rating and 3.17 million viewers. It is worth noting, however, that even down from last week, the demo rating was still the best for Smackdown in years and the viewership was the highest since the January 29th, 2015 episode. Considering last week’s episode was always going to be high due to the live debut and Draft aspects, this is a number USA Network has to be happy with.

Smackdown ranked #2 among cable originals behind only CNN’s post-Democratic National Debate coverage at 10 PM ET, which brought in a 1.35 demo rating and 6.105 million viewers.

This new Raw theme is pretty neat.:)

That being said almost any song ever would be better than that awful old theme.

That's why I was so happy with Raw. Red ropes, and that weak as fuck theme was replaced with something that has a little punch to it.

God damn, I hated that theme. I remember when there was a spate of talent openly bitching on twitter in the wake of Punk walking out, and Vince called a talent meeting, lay all your complaints out on the table, and not one person said anything. If that was me, my hand would have shot up and said "The theme songs to the shows are weak as all fuck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back