PWD 325: We Are Going To Make The PWD Great Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With how much they've been pushing people to give a shit about Smackdown lately, I'm not surprised Ambrose retained. Not that I'm complaining; watching Reigns get pinned clean was a thing of beauty. That was probably one of the better PPVs in recent memory-- and I hope Big E practically killing himself last night will be enough for him to want to stop doing that dive to the outside, because him taking that bump always makes me cringe.

CoK8_EJVIAEApz6.jpg
CoK8_E-UMAAbSyz.jpg

Sasha's smile when Bayley's music hit was so genuine. She seemed so happy for Bayley.
During the show you could see her trying to hold it in before the music hit. That's how I knew it wasn't going to be Nia Jax.

Big E needs to stop doing that spear through the ropes. Unneeded and dangerous, last night's looked pretty bad.

Big E's bump was bad looking, but Sami Zayn's looked like it was a career ender...

Yeah, at least Zayn's added to the match slightly when Owens started working over the arm and Zayn was selling it.

edit: Still a horrible botch though, not giving him a pass.

Big E needs to stop doing that spear through the ropes. Unneeded and dangerous, last night's looked pretty bad.
I like that move I'm wondering if it just needs to be modified or worked through with his opponents first. I don't understand why the opponent cant bring big e down with him so big e lands flat on his belly

Bret hart would never let big e land like that if the move was done to him.

Big props to woods for selling the whole Wyatt angle.

I think the whole New Day run has reaffirmed my belief that Big E has World Champion potential, especially with the brand split and 2 World Titles again.

I like that move I'm wondering if it just needs to be modified or worked through with his opponents first. I don't understand why the opponent cant bring big e down with him so big e lands flat on his belly

Bret hart would never let big e land like that if the move was done to him.

I'm sure they protect him as best as possible, but when a 300lb guy is spearing dudes to the outside every night, eventually something will go wrong.

I do like the move, but it's a little too dangerous for a man his size to be doing. They should give something like a body check/shoulder tackle. I've seen a few guys in ROH do it, and it would be good for a guy like Big E.

Surprised not everyone is talking about the debut of The Hyped One, Mojo Rawley.

I think the whole New Day run has reaffirmed my belief that Big E has World Champion potential, especially with the brand split and 2 World Titles again.

Yes I agree. He needs to at least get in the picture now even if it's a clean loss to the champ. Have him start hovering and teasing and see how the fans react

I'm sure they protect him as best as possible, but when a 300lb guy is spearing dudes to the outside every night, eventually something will go wrong.

I do like the move, but it's a little too dangerous for a man his size to be doing. They should give something like a body check/shoulder tackle. I've seen a few guys in ROH do it, and it would be good for a guy like Big E.
Both good points.
So the opponent is on the outside of the ropes on the apron and big e throws a shoulder tackle from inside and never has to leave the ring, right ?

If you care about NJPW, some real interesting booking going on in the G1.

Both good points.
So the opponent is on the outside of the ropes on the apron and big e throws a shoulder tackle from inside and never has to leave the ring, right ?

Something like that, or you could set it up in the ring where you throw the guy to one side of the ropes, and bounce off from the ropes to the side, so they crisscross, and Big E hits him from the side.

I think some guy in TNA or ROH uses it as a finisher. It looks good, although I don't know how safe it is for the recipient.

Has anyone read bob Hollys book ? Any good stories ? I'm interested to know if there are any good stories in there but refuse to give that man any money ( I normally have zero issues buying wrestling books at full price )

Watching last night and I think Creative dropped the ball with the Derrick Young/Backlund gimmick. They gave it to the wrong guy imho. This would have been a MUCH better gimmick had Backlund been paired with Jack Swagger! The motto makes sense...Make Swagger Great Again (Young was never great while Swagger was a former World and ECW champ). Swagger has an awesome amateur past that would blend well with Backlund, and the most important...I'm a big Swagger mark and think it would have been great...

The first time I saw Big E land that spear through the ropes was against Rusev a few years ago. It made me jump out of my seat. Those two actually had some very underrated matches.

Has anyone read bob Hollys book ? Any good stories ? I'm interested to know if there are any good stories in there but refuse to give that man any money ( I normally have zero issues buying wrestling books at full price )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back