PWD 270: Shane O' Mac might be one of the Twos in 22-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applaud that, I didn't see any stories on Shane returning before Monday.
for the most part
things don't get leaked unless the company wants them to be leaked (rock hosting mania, jake flying into a small airport and spending the rest of the day riding around in a bus)
hopefully the wwe will realize announcing/leaking stuff prior only leads to a one segment ratings boost and not much of one at that
great thing about the wwf/wcw ratings wars was going into every show, no one knew what was going to happen
that's why people watch

for the most part
things don't get leaked unless the company wants them to be leaked (rock hosting mania, jake flying into a small airport and spending the rest of the day riding around in a bus)
hopefully the wwe will realize announcing/leaking stuff prior only leads to a one segment ratings boost and not much of one at that
great thing about the wwf/wcw ratings wars was going into every show, no one knew what was going to happen
that's why people watch
I totally agree with that, if they are wanting more live views instead of plus 3s and YouTube views, than doing surprises like that shouldn't be leaked.

Theres a poster on squaredcircle who has inside info and said early Monday to make sure we watch Raw from the beginning to end and we were going to be getting an early Christmas present. He later said he told people to watch all of Raw because he wasn't sure what time the Shane segment would be on. Im glad he didn't spoil it and say who it was, but I was expecting something big.

https://m.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/472qb3/tonight/

Last edited:
so after work yesterday i went on reddit just to see what word went around. the buzz was that something big would happen, specifically early in the show. i didn't see an explicit shane confirmation (i didn't really look too hard), but i did at least see one joking reference, which would have been enough to put it on my radar, which in turn would have made it less of a surprise.

the funny part for me is that i want roman to win at mania for two reasons. one, i've never liked triple h. no matter who faces him, i'll always be against him. why? maybe he's a good heel. maybe he's got a stupid nose. who cares. two, the crowd is annoying and i feel inclined to cheer for what they boo and vice versa. this has nothing to even do with the iwc. it's just my basic human nature.

I totally agree with that, if they are wanting more live views instead of plus 3s and YouTube views, than doing surprises like that shouldn't be leaked.

that's why people like shows like the wire, walking dead, breaking bad etc... They have the rep that bad things can happen at any time

also i can't remember but it was either at fastlane or on raw where cole was all "the roman empire is on fire". i wanna say that was intentional, but i dunno.

So what now with Reigns having Triple H beat him senselessly and shelves him for the next three weeks? Listening to Alvarez and Dave it looked like they threw everything to the wall and nothing stick with him. I mean it LOOKED like it stick with him beating Triple H and LON senseless but they immediately went back to the whole superman-that-somehow-needed-to-overcome-the-odds. This "fractured nose" thing smell like Royal Rumble again, but this time instead of just half an hour or so it is 3 weeks now. If somehow WWE can get him over without him wrestling, retaliate or speak then i will eat my goddamn soap.

And i remember someone said Reigns' merch aren't selling that well, too. So is he fucking over or not? Some of the data pointed that he's well liked by some portion of the crowd, and then you look at the live shows and social media it indicated that he's not well liked at all. If somehow 12K of dislike on WWE official facebook and 4K of dislike on youtube is all just "neckbeard" then again, i will eat my goddamn soap.

I do like Shane vs The Undertaker though, so there's that.

So double turn at Mania for Reigns/Triple H would make the show memorable right?

Maybe Reigns spears Stephanie to work into the finish, or fuck it....superman punch her and Trips goes to check on her and Shane comes out and flattens Triple H with a chair and count it 1...2...3....Vinces music hits and Shane and him hug Reigns and puts the belt around Reigns waist all Dana White style and Stephanie is holding her face while laying over a prone Triple H wondering "what the fuck is going on here?"

Next night on Raw, Vince says that everything Shane said on Monday was true, under the Authority regime they're chosen ones Orton and Rollins were busts, they let some teeny tiny little GOAT faced mini take their title and ruin his 30th anniversary of his greatest creation and he's never forgiven them for that.

That's why he had his son Shane, the product of his semen walk through hell to prove his worth, to show him that he wanted it more. Sure he lost against the Undertaker, but he showed him just how ruthless he can be, I've been knocked down many times and I got back up and did bigger and better things....

Then Triple H and Stephanie come out and a pissed off Trips wants a rematch at Extreme Rules.....Reigns goes through that, faces Cena at the next one, faces Dean after that and maybe around Summerslam he faces Rollins if he returns by then.

There, I saved the company

Shane should get Matt Hamill to fight Taker. He's the other 1 behind the 1 in 21-1 after he beat Jon Jones.

I read that as Mark Hamill and Had a vision of Luke SkyWalker fighting the undertake in Hell in a cell. That would put bums in seats.

Cena interferes in Shane/Taker and helps Shane get the W. Therefore finally turning face.

Costing The Undertaker a win, in front of his hometown crowd in what could possibly be his last match, will get a face reaction??
Cena would be booed out of the arena!
The only people to interfere should be the Mean Street Posse/Patterson-Briscoe

Now that the Oddities lost at Fastlane, Brock has an opponent and Taker has an opponent, what're they gonna do? Is it gonna be meaningless throwaway Battle Royal with 25 other jabronis or meaningless tag match with some other four jabronis?

And more important, are they gonna attack Roman the Raw after Wrestlemania and procclaim they're the new face of fear?

So double turn at Mania for Reigns/Triple H would make the show memorable right?

Maybe Reigns spears Stephanie to work into the finish, or fuck it....superman punch her and Trips goes to check on her and Shane comes out and flattens Triple H with a chair and count it 1...2...3....Vinces music hits and Shane and him hug Reigns and puts the belt around Reigns waist all Dana White style and Stephanie is holding her face while laying over a prone Triple H wondering "what the fuck is going on here?"

Next night on Raw, Vince says that everything Shane said on Monday was true, under the Authority regime they're chosen ones Orton and Rollins were busts, they let some teeny tiny little GOAT faced mini take their title and ruin his 30th anniversary of his greatest creation and he's never forgiven them for that.

That's why he had his son Shane, the product of his semen walk through hell to prove his worth, to show him that he wanted it more. Sure he lost against the Undertaker, but he showed him just how ruthless he can be, I've been knocked down many times and I got back up and did bigger and better things....

Then Triple H and Stephanie come out and a pissed off Trips wants a rematch at Extreme Rules.....Reigns goes through that, faces Cena at the next one, faces Dean after that and maybe around Summerslam he faces Rollins if he returns by then.

That is actually my greatest fear out of all of this, that they come out of Mania with a heel authority still intact (whether it's Vince, Steph or a heel turn for Shane) after teasing an end to it. I am chronically fatigued by the heel authority role and would love a break even if it's just for 6 months to a year to freshen stuff up.

Then how does Shane actually beat Taker one on one?

And what closes the show....I know the title should be top priority, but control of the company seems to be a bigger deal than that.

Then how does Shane actually beat Taker one on one?

And what closes the show....I know the title should be top priority, but control of the company seems to be a bigger deal than that.

Yeah this is the difficult thing to comprehend now that they have made the match. I'm guessing or hoping they segue in to a different match somehow whereby Taker is fighting for the removal of the authority rather than against it but I guess we are going to have to wait it out.
My first thought after the initial excitement of Shane returning was that I could see them having him come out during the title match (having earlier lost to Taker) and helping Reigns win and attempting the double turn a bit like you detailed.
It could also hinge on what the "secret" is that Shane has. Let's say it reveals he has a stake in the company, they could possibly out that with him selling it on to someone else who could debut the RAW after Mania and shake things up (like a Daniel Bryan for example).
In short, the story has left a lot of questions open which is exciting but I would personally be left deflated if it turns out that we are in the same situation after Mania that we have been for the last year plus?

Yeah this is the difficult thing to comprehend now that they have made the match. I'm guessing or hoping they segue in to a different match somehow whereby Taker is fighting for the removal of the authority rather than against it but I guess we are going to have to wait it out.
My first thought after the initial excitement of Shane returning was that I could see them having him come out during the title match (having earlier lost to Taker) and helping Reigns win and attempting the double turn a bit like you detailed.
It could also hinge on what the "secret" is that Shane has. Let's say it reveals he has a stake in the company, they could possibly out that with him selling it on to someone else who could debut the RAW after Mania and shake things up (like a Daniel Bryan for example).
In short, the story has left a lot of questions open which is exciting but I would personally be left deflated if it turns out that we are in the same situation after Mania that we have been for the last year plus?
Shane wanted to control raw
I predict he loses with some involvement and gets smackdown and we get a brand split

Only a shirtless and pantless Roman Reigns can save the entire pro wrestling industry.

My theory as to why the Ryback abandoned the match on Raw.

He was tagging with Big Show and Kane against the Wyatt Family, he had unfinished business with the Wyatt Family, so he took any opportunity he could to kick some ass.

Then the rematch happens, he leaves the match, here's why:

1 - He's already kicked their ass, it's just a waste of time for him at this point
2 - And also more importantly, why would Ryback want to help Kane and the Big Show, considering those two guys tried to get him fired. Especially the Big Show, so why should he be besties with them, when they've fucked him over time and again.

#TheBigGuy doesn't need a reason to walk out on his tag partners.
Besides, who are you to doubt El Rybacky?!

If the injury is real and they're gonna take Reigns off the road for a few weeks then he still better be on the last Raw before WM (even if it's in NYC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back