PWD 269: The Roman Reigns ExperienceⓇ Is Coming To Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davey Boy had a better career then Christian? If he was American Davey Boy wouldn't have headlined a PPV in his life.

Kane was the B guy in the Brother's of Destruction and had a better career then Christian.

HHH was the B guy in DX and the Two Man Power Trip but I'm not sure both examples meet the criteria since they didn't start their careers in the tag team.

Yes Davey Boy had a better career than Christian IMO.

I don't really count Kane as that team was a thrown together team after both were established singles competitors. Same can be said with HHH.

Taker was the B guy to Danny Spivey in the Skyscrapers. Pretty sure Taker has had a better career than Christian

Lol, Roman Reigns was the B guy to Ambrose in the Shield...

Also, EVERYONE assumed Rollins was going to be the odd man out when the Shield broke up too...

It is arguable that Steve Austin was the B member of the Hollywood Blondes at the time but it was fairly close to be fair. Pilmann was certainly more well known when the team started out.

I like the instant gratification of this thread vs. the slow slow burn of the last one. just sayin'

I am pretty disappointed in the WM main event but I have expected it for a while so I've become used to the idea now. My main hope was that they could have found something else to do in the meantime till Seth was back because a triple threat dynamic between the 3 upon his return would have been good. They could have played Rollins as the middle man and booked it where you wouldn't be sure if he was going to side with the Authority or his old Shield brother.
Part of me hopes they can have a screwy finish to the title match at Mania (and put Taker Cena on last in Texas) and set up the 3 way in a couple of months time is Seth is ready to go by then.

It is arguable that Steve Austin was the B member of the Hollywood Blondes at the time but it was fairly close to be fair. Pilmann was certainly more well known when the team started out.

Not a bad call but Austin had more singles success when they started teaming. Austin by that point had already been a TV and US champ. Pillman had only been a CW champ iirc. That being said, it was a closely matched one.

Not sure what to think about Fast Lane. Liked the Jericho v. Styles match. Liked the roman / dean / brock match - good energy, decent pacing (I always fell like Brock is going to blow himself out), loved the powerbombs to try and keep the beast down, loved the double suplex and just how strong Brock looked. Thought the finish was predictable, and would have rather seen Dean or Brock win. I like the Social Outcast angle but really misplaced within the card, kind of bizarre.... Ownes delivered as usual. Divas matches were, meh. Wyatts vs. Big Slow, Kane, Ryback was lame. 5 out of 10?

My main problem with Roman is that he still doesn't seem comfortable in his position to me. I don't believe his character at all. Dean Ambrose plays much more of a fictional character than Roman yet it's much easier for me to buy into because I feel like he's comfortable with that character. with Roman it still feels like he's trying to figure out who he is and what he does.

In fairness to Roman, creative has fucked his character up to the point that you don't know what he's supposed to be. He's referred to as "The Samoan Badass", but always seems to be getting his ass kicked, and has to "rise above" to win. The announcers are constantly whining about the unfair situations he's being put in, like a heel announcer would do for a chicken shit heel. Then there are the promos....oh' God. Talk about instantly shattering perceptions. That's certainly Roman's fault as well, but the shit they have him saying and the way they have him act, just doesn't jive with his natural badass persona. He should be mean and nasty, but they constantly have him go out there like he's guest starring on SNL, to show off a light hearted side to him.

Ambrose vs Lesnar is a good match to get Ambrose over as a main eventer but he's going to need the Dallas Cowboys Front 7 to have a realistic shot of beating Lesnar.

I like the instant gratification of this thread vs. the slow slow burn of the last one. just sayin'

You're what is wrong with America.

Triple H in 2016 is defending the WWE title.

As a long-time viewer since 2002 never thought I see HHH in a main event post-Undertaker matches. I have a feeling Dallas is going to end in a chorus of boos during Reigns title celebration. If HHH can't get Reigns over like he did with Batista then no-one will.

NOOB

JK

Not really.

Brother

Well, one positive from last night is that it seems like they've scrapped Lesnar/Wyatt.

Fastlane main event was fine but I know a lot of people hated it. The finish was a bit shit but predictable.

All other segments were total shit except AJ and Jericho but they have no chemistry. Brie should have got a belt for a Bryan pop. Wtf was the New Day vs League of Jobbers. I've heard it was an audible because they realized that they were going to quickly through the show. Why did Edge and Christian Coke out and rib New Day and then side with them against the Job of Nations.

Roman needs to have sexual relations with Steph while trips is handcuffed and forced to watch cuck style.

Oh god I'm getting excited excuse me for a minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back