PWD 269: The Roman Reigns ExperienceⓇ Is Coming To Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a subset of fans that made their minds early and go against whatever wwe tries or wants to do but I think that's a small subset.

I think mostly people are just continually disappointed in reigns. Would you even contest that he isn't that great on the mic/ with his promos? I also think a lot of people want to cheer and like him. There have been small glimpses of what Roman can be where I marked out. For example when he finally let loose on triple h and Vince. Then he comes out and starts smiling and giving bad promos again.

Again I agree hat there are some delusional fans that just wanna hate. But you sound delusional and In denial to assume that all criticism is due to reigns being appointed as the new guy. He's been underwhelming at times, almost every time he gets some momentum going he goes out and looks like a goofball the next week. Even guys like Austin and Jim Ross continually say that he's missing something and still needs work and both say they are fans of his and want him to succeed

To be honest, there are ALOT of underwhelming guys on the roster, many of them with various flaws and Reigns isn't exempt from this. But obviously some people are going to make a bigger deal outta Reigns than anyone else because he's getting the push they want for somebody else. I can't just say Roman isn't ready for *insert reason* and then say someone like Ambrose, Owens, or Styles is but those guys aren't perfect either. Roman is alot better suited to main event Mania than any other guy on the roster.

To be honest, there are ALOT of underwhelming guys on the roster, many of them with various flaws and Reigns isn't exempt from this. But obviously some people are going to make a bigger deal outta Reigns than anyone else because he's getting the push they want for somebody else. I can't just say Roman isn't ready for *insert reason* and then say someone like Ambrose, Owens, or Styles is but those guys aren't perfect either. Roman is alot better suited to main event Mania than any other guy on the roster.
Based on look? Sure

But not really based on anything else. The real problem is like half of their guys are injured, and since they only know how to build one or two guys at a time, they shot themselves in the foot, so they kind of have to go with HHH vs. Reigns. It is not a good main event, but it is the best they can do right now as far as storytelling goes.

And another thing, to those people who are always crying about WWE not making new stars are usually the same ones complaining about repeat matches and not getting anything fresh. The problem with this is you guys talk out of both sides of your mouth. Just about every rumored match so far this year has been something that hasn't happened before.

Cena vs Taker
Roman vs Triple H
Brock vs The Wyatts
etc

and each match has been shit on by the "The doesn't do anything for me" crowd. Even when WWE tries to mix it up, it gets shit on before it happens because people are still busy booking the match before it happens and complaining they aren't getting what they want.

Based on look? Sure

But not really based on anything else. The real problem is like half of their guys are injured, and since they only know how to build one or two guys at a time, they shot themselves in the foot, so they kind of have to go with HHH vs. Reigns. It is not a good main event, but it is the best they can do right now as far as storytelling goes.

If Roman is the only guy on the roster who looks like he should be World Champion then how is that Roman's fault? Maybe the issue is everyone's favorite wrestler doesn't look like Championship material.

I wouldv'e liked Cena vs Reigns to Main Event 32, would've been surreal to hear Lets go Cena, Roman Sucks! And John being the face for the first time ever, or a WM Main Event hijack would be funny

jobber's reaction to Fastlane main event:

qA6OamA.jpg

I'd be sold on Mania if it just had Taker/Cena or, Brock/Dean.

I think it'll be a good mania, even though the ending of the PPV kind of stunk just with the real no sell of a chair shot and only onespear to put down Dean. I don't think it was a great PPV, it was probably slightly below average and it pretty much felt like I was watching Raw. I'm glad I didn't go to the event, I would've been super pissed probably haha.

The Wyatts are laughable, seriously they're jobbers who never win a feud. LOL, and I'm supposed to believe that the leader of these losers can go toe-to-toe with Brock Lesnar? Give me a break.

I wouldv'e liked Cena vs Reigns to Main Event 32, would've been surreal to hear Lets go Cena, Roman Sucks! And John being the face for the first time ever, or a WM Main Event hijack would be funny

I think it would just get boo'd the whole time. Mania is 41 days away, which is a long time to get new feuds established. I'm confident the card will be good.

HHH/Reigns need to be No DQ , have a giant brawl all over the arena ending with Reigns snapping and pull a Austin WM 17 and turn heel in the way he defeats HHH in a ruthless, destructive manner. When Ambrose comes out to celebrate with Reigns, Reigns turn on him to close the show and be a lone wolf heel.

has to be no DQ
almost like 90% of HHH matches are

You know, this WrestleMania probably not gonna be the "worst evar!" like some sycophants like to imply, as if that's all people complains about. But it is not gonna be a WrestleMania i'm going to lose sleep over it.

I will just watch NXT Takeover Dallas instead. Now that's something i will lose sleep over.

Was a meh ppv. Hard to care about any of it when it's so predictable.

Aint reigns fault..blame creative, hhh and vince. No one else is to blame

If Roman is the only guy on the roster who looks like he should be World Champion then how is that Roman's fault? Maybe the issue is everyone's favorite wrestler doesn't look like Championship material.

That's not the only criteria and never has been. I can name champions in every decade that would look less suited than an Ambrose.

Speaking of talking out of both sides of the mouth. I remember back in 04 when Eddie beat Brock Fucking Leaner for the belt and defended it against Kurt Angel at Mania. I don't think the business collapsed back then.

Houses went down. I've heard since then that Eddie took that hard and everyone told him "It's not about the champ anymore. We draw together. Brock and Goldberg just bounced. Austin's side act is winding down. Don't worry."

Now it's 2016 and we have to find a way to get this strap on Roman. If we swerve and put it on Dean or put it on someone different then we are essentially killing the business.

I can see very easily where the stubborn old man rep comes from with VKM. "Goddamn! Just look at how sexy Roman looks with that dark flowing hair! If we can cover his bird chest he'll look like a million dollars with that belt!"

Meanwhile the most over thing in wrestling in this epoch was a garden gnome with a silly chant. Vince is of a generation where vanity and strength were the apex.

This is the generation where teenage boys laugh at YouTube videos of cats and New Day gets over to the total bewilderment of Vince himself.

Just lets all agree Triple H has no business whatsoever being in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. He was never that huge of a superstar to begin with, despite how much they try to prove otherwise. Basically all of his big time matches are boring as fucking hell: Jericho at X8, Batista at 21, Cena at 22, Orton at 25.

They have the best roster ever, full of guys who could tear the roof off that place. I don´t know how f´n ineptitude they´re that they can´t figure it out how to make a big time heel that they have to resort to this.

Me and my nephew will be there in section 119. He loves Roman Reigns and marks out about him like I did as a kid over Hogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back