PWD 265: In Mickey Gall We Trust

I know I am in the very slim minority (maybe the only one?) but I don't really feel upset about DB retiring. I mean I hate seeing any wrestler injured but much like Kevin Owens, I just never clicked with him.

Hopefully he's decided to take a non-wrestling TV role.

The guy has 10 documented concussions and a bad neck. Not to mention he refuses to change ring style to prevent future injuries, they are better off letting him go (especially if he take Brie Bella with him) and removing themselves from the Punk/Bryan era of wrestling fans. If Bryan is hell bend on going out like Benoit or Misawa, better he does it in Japan than in WWE.
WWE needs to book him and then bury him.

I know I am in the very slim minority (maybe the only one?) but I don't really feel upset about DB retiring. I mean I hate seeing any wrestler injured but much like Kevin Owens, I just never clicked with him.

Hopefully he's decided to take a non-wrestling TV role.

I don't feel upset about him retiring because it's what he needs to do. He's only 34 years old and his body is broken down. If he plays it smart he can still make money in WWE and enjoy life with his wife and have kids. No need to kill yourself or mortgage your future to give neckbeards a pointless "dream match" and have more CTE than Jim McMahon by 40.

WWE will freeze his contract. So, should he come back, it has to be with WWE. Considering he's wrestled three months out the last 2 years, he basically "owes" WWE that time.

The myseterious masked wrestler, El Hijo de Bryan Danielson, will debut in S3 of Lucha Underground.

He'd be "El Dragón Americano"

Dragon Americano Jr.

El Hombe de Si.

W09696.jpg
This item is currently not available.

http://shop.wwe.com/WWE-United-Legends-T-Shirt/093-100-026-4,default,pd.html

smh

You can't blame Angle for leaving. He reportedly made $750k a year in TNA and only had to work a few days a month. I thought it was a slap in the face to stick him in ECW.

The sad thing is that it almost certainly has taken the threat of lawsuits for WWE to sit up and care.

ECW in 2006 probably drew more money than ECW in the 90s. At least wrestlers got paid on time...or at all

I wonder if anyone in WWE will make a joke about commemorating today's date with a tattoo.

So Bryan retired. I am glad he is not going to go the Angle route of destroying his body even more, but still bummed he will not wrestle anymore.

Could make a hell of a trainer for the E though.

Miz wins again.

Kind of a shame Bryan fucked himself up wrestling in front of 65 neckbeards for years and now that he is main eventing wrestle-freaking-manias is forced to retire.

Good thing he is such a down to earth guy he'll probably enjoy his life growing organic tomatoes in his backyard. God forbid he had a weak mind like Hall or those guys.

The Bayley/Sasha video on UUDD is so great. They're so cute playing this game.

Will we all be a bunch of puppets again?

Back