PWD 204 : Big Daddy Cool Diesel is heading to The WWE Hall of Fame!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punk looks too skinny.

Hit the shuffle on my iPod driving into work and the first song was the 96 version of Austin's theme. I have consequently had the Survivor Series promo in my head all morning so far.

"Pink tights. What the hell is that all about Bret?!"
"I'm gonna take 7 years of being pissed off out on your ass!"
"I aint no sexy boy. I don't dance."
"Shawn Michaels, the pretty boy, the 'boy toy', kicked your ass back to Canada!"

Happy 3:16 Day.

I just read that the new Jerry Lawler DVD isnt gonna have any matches or footage from Memphis on it
So basically its gonna be 3 discs full of him screaming puppies and having a heart attack
That'll put butts in seats

Rey Mysterio Jr returns to the ring tonight for AAA

I just read that the new Jerry Lawler DVD isnt gonna have any matches or footage from Memphis on it
So basically its gonna be 3 discs full of him screaming puppies and having a heart attack
That'll put butts in seats

Doesn't he own the rights to the Memphis tapes? Is there some dispute over it? Or am I thinking of something else?

Theres no clear single owner of the Memphis library
Several people have claims to different parts of it and I guess its just too much of a clusterfuck for Vince to even bother with trying to buy it

CAAsSsYWMAEI71p.jpg

Pettis out here looking like Princess Leia.

Theres no clear single owner of the Memphis library
Several people have claims to different parts of it and I guess its just too much of a clusterfuck for Vince to even bother with trying to buy it

That is a shame. When I was a kid the TV station that showed Florida Wrestling, followed it up with Memphis for 2 years before going to WCCW/Von Erichs. I liked Memphis, but when the station switched, WCCW was in its prime and at that time, the best wrestling org.
They had a series of deaths that totally grounded their amazing run of talent, and storylines.
Some great fucking feuds in WCCW at that time.

Has WWE just realized it can't really do surprises anymore, so they're just announcing new HOF inductees ahead of Raw on the app and whatnot?

Not like it matters, it's getting spoiled on dirtsheets anyway

Not like it matters, it's getting spoiled on dirtsheets anyway

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not that they don't know how to do a surprise anymore, that they aren't able to have real surprises because everything gets leaked so they said "eff it" and just release it on the app/facebok/whatever early anyway.

Has WWE just realized it can't really do surprises anymore, so they're just announcing new HOF inductees ahead of Raw on the app and whatnot?

I don't think they care about surprising the audience with a Larry Zbyzko HOF announcement.

They can still surprise the audience (Nexus invasion, Jericho's rumble return), but I don't think they can be arsed doing it anymore because there's always some jackass who can't wait to get it out.

I don't know of any other fanbase that actively seeks out what's gonna happen in shows more than wrestling fans.

I don't think they care about surprising the audience with a Larry Zbyzko HOF announcement.

They can still surprise the audience (Nexus invasion, Jericho's rumble return), but I don't think they can be arsed doing it anymore because there's always some jackass who can't wait to get it out.

I don't know of any other fanbase that actively seeks out what's gonna happen in shows more than wrestling fans.

Seriously - compare it the way spoilers are treated in the GOT thread.

They usually announce the main event for raw on their website. Then HHH and Steph open the show by cutting a 20min promo to set it up. wwereasons

pass on thread starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back