PWD 2016 Match of the Year

What was the match of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stargazer Rex

Where is your star?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vote. If you want to add a match that is not in the poll open your suckhole and I will add it. Votes will be changeable for as long as the poll is open.

_vJ5AXKmW3pGrKPxKXQLq-EDdF1RbFTF--B4TqYBFhY.jpg

the Melina Alicia Fox Award

MAFA

Last edited:
Imagine a Japanese man wrote in that last match

Want to give some non-WWE honorable mentions.
Naito vs Omega was really Omega's coming out moment that showed he is AJ styles level worker, he's Shawn Michaels like in getting you invested in a match and actually making it feel like it matters and that he really cares, instead of just performing spots.

Crazy that both are in the US and WWE now, but this match is why we have both of these mercurial talents now.

Meltzer gave this spot-fest a five star match so if you like flippy shit watch this

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd call them mercurial but okay

Zayn/Nakamura was great but you already knew who was going to win as soon as the match was announced. Cena/Styles from Summerslam is my choice. Great story going into it and an incredible contest to match.

I give it to cena styles but the men's SS match is right up there. I would have to watch both again I think I voted prematurely

I give it to cena styles but the men's SS match is right up there. I would have to watch both again I think I voted prematurely

The more I think about it the more I might have to go with the SS match

nakamura vs zayn was on some next level shit

DIY v Revival 1 should be included in discussions of GOAT matches. Nothing else here compares.

DIY v Revival 1 should be included in discussions of GOAT matches. Nothing else here compares.
I saw a lot of people saying the Toronto match was better but I wholly agree the Takeover Brooklyn match was a lot better considering the storylines and emotion in the match. How they built up the match with Gargano's knee and the CWC match between Ciampa and Gargano really made that match something, some of the best classic heel work in the modern age I've ever seen from the Revival.

I saw a lot of people saying the Toronto match was better but I wholly agree the Takeover Brooklyn match was a lot better considering the storylines and emotion in the match. How they built up the match with Gargano's knee and the CWC match between Ciampa and Gargano really made that match something, some of the best classic heel work in the modern age I've ever seen from the Revival.

There are very few times I've been figuratively & literally jumping out of my chair excited during a rasslin match in the last decade or two...but that match was one of them. No hyperbole...that match seriously was one of the greatest in ring performances ever.

I need to go rewatch Cena/AJ, I remember the story was good and the match was good but it didn't strike me as anything special. IIRC I felt AJ wasn't able to go all out with Cena.

Back