PWD 162: This'll Put Butts In Seats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Show still uses the punch as a finisher. It's the WMD!!! The thing is, that's a move that could be a believable finisher for a giant if he had been using it as a finisher since the beginning but it's basically a case of that in the last 4 years, Big Show has realized he has knockout power in his right hand so he better start using it. :rolleyes:

That had a backstory to it. Show was actually training boxing during his hiatus from WWE, looking to take on some professional bouts, as well as to get back into some semblance of shape. But WWE offered him a bigger deal, because there were some injury issues, so they brought him back, they talked about his boxing training, and that's where the punch comes from.

That had a backstory to it. Show was actually training boxing during his hiatus from WWE, looking to take on some professional bouts, as well as to get back into some semblance of shape. But WWE offered him a bigger deal, because there were some injury issues, so they brought him back, they talked about his boxing training, and that's where the punch comes from.

Ahh I see. I guess I missed there being a reasoning behind it.

I remember Jake DDTing someone on the concrete and them being out injured for a long time. Steamboat maybe?

He's a guy who seemingly takes an arbitrary dislike to some guys. Like Alex Riley, it's pretty egregious what he did to that guy. Yeah, people think he sucked, but he was getting over as a babyface, and had potential.

He also fucked Reks and Hawkins over pretty bad too.

What did he do to Alex Riley?

Also, somewhat related, who is Alex Riley?

Glad they had a back story. I couldnt believe that a 7 foot, 475 pound giant could throw a hard punch. That same giant with proper training? Scary

Cena's best overall feud was with Edge, they did alot of good stuff between 06-09. Cena and JBL had some good stuff as well.

What I saw of Cena and Punk was pretty good. I wasn't really back into WWE full bore during the Summer of Punk, so I really just caught the tail end, with Cena wanting to beat the guy who he had been having so much trouble beating, getting screwed by Big Show during his MITB cash-in, and then putting his WM title shot on the line in their fantastic Raw match.

Cena and Punk had that one match and they just fucked off the entire feud after a month, it was barely a real rivalry.

I remember Jake DDTing someone on the concrete and them being out injured for a long time. Steamboat maybe?

He did it to Hogan too.

Cena, on more than one occasion, would potato Alex Riley. By "potato", I mean "Hit him in the face, as hard as he can", particularly one time when Riley wasn't even looking

At the 0.16 mark
[YT]XUN6HPNjQZQ[/YT]

So, on top of that, he would also give Riley shit backstage, Riley got tired of it, and stood up for himself, Cena then went to management, said "Kid doesn't have it mentally", and was quickly jobbed out on Raw, and was quickly jobbed out on NXT, couldn't buy a win on NXT, and is now commentating and doing Network stuff.

Cena was bullying him and Riley stood up against his shit and then Riley got buried.

Riley might be dead as a wrestler but he's rebounded pretty well on the Network and NXT all things considered.

I also missed Punk's time at the top. I kinda know about it as I still had friends that were into it, telling me about it and showing me highlights and stuff. Saw an episode of RAW while he had a stable with some bald chick. But I had just started really watching again right after he left this last time. Punk was gone, Batista came back and won the rumble. I was like "Why did I pick now to start watching again? I'm so stupid" lol

Cena and Punk had that one match and they just fucked off the entire feud after a month, it was barely a real rivalry.

Yeah? I was always under the impression that they had something going leading up to Punk setting Cena up in the R-Truth match right before the pipe bomb promo. Then they had the MITB match, then I thought they wrestled again when Punk came back when both were champions. But, like I said, I was only just beginning to get back into at that point, so maybe it seemed like more than it was.

He did it to Hogan too.

Cena, on more than one occasion, would potato Alex Riley. By "potato", I mean "Hit him in the face, as hard as he can", particularly one time when Riley wasn't even looking

At the 0.16 mark
[YT]XUN6HPNjQZQ[/YT]

So, on top of that, he would also give Riley shit backstage, Riley got tired of it, and stood up for himself, Cena then went to management, said "Kid doesn't have it mentally", and was quickly jobbed out on Raw, and was quickly jobbed out on NXT, couldn't buy a win on NXT, and is now commentating and doing Network stuff.

Huh. Was he just hazing him or did he have some reason to dislike the guy?

As much as people complain about WWE now 2004-2011 was much worse. Edge was the only wrestler I could stand to watch.

Yeah? I was always under the impression that they had something going leading up to Punk setting Cena up in the R-Truth match right before the pipe bomb promo. Then they had the MITB match, then I thought they wrestled again when Punk came back when both were champions. But, like I said, I was only just beginning to get back into at that point, so maybe it seemed like more than it was.

As far as I recall, there was really no build up Punk vs Cena, Punk just did his promo and it went from there. They had one more match at Summerslam and the feud was dropped.

Yea that was on SNME
Still remember watching it when I was a pup
You could hear the smack as Steamboats head hit
Jake says he warned Steamboat that the ground comes up fast and Steamboat said he could protect himself
Guess he was wrong
Jake literally had to drag Steamboat back in the ring and pin him cause he was out cold

As far as I recall, there was really no build up Punk vs Cena, Punk just did his promo and it went from there. They had one more match at Summerslam and the feud was dropped.

Well their feud was dropped right after summerslam that year because Punk was supposed to feud with Nash but Nash couldn't get the medical clearance. So Punk was inserted back into the feud with Cena and Del Rio and they carried that on through October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back