• Kane

• Daniel Bryan

• Chris Jericho

• Randy Savage

• Kurt Angle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha I can relate. Even though it was the early 90s, there was a gas station that had fried chicken, video rental and general convenience store shit.
It was the first time I played the Ninja Gaiden arcade, totally different than the NES game.

aanj.jpg

I used to rent Nintendo games from a damn hardware store! Why did they have video games? How did we ever find out that they had video games? But fuck me, if Tecmo Bowl was on the shelf that was going to be a banger of a weekend.

Um...... no she's 8. We'll wait to watch it at home. The movie won't scare her but sudden loud noises hurt her tiny ears. On Halloween she watched the original Nightmare on Elm Street with me and she didn't blink once
Maybe get some earplugs for her? (Kidding of course) I’ve loved horror movies my whole life too!

I like Jesse working to a match with Hogan on commentary too. “Sooner or later, he’s going to have to face off with me.” It was beyond his usual heel antics, they had to be working toward something that got dropped. Wish we could have seen that in a big program for Wrestlemania

Yea, they were just starting a house show program in late 84 when Ventura got his blood clots so Im sure he was still hoping to get that big money main event run in 86

I think it is interesting how older women in particular use to love wrestling. I remember when I first got into wrestling when I was around 8 my family members would be like "you know your great grandma Josephine is a huge wrestling fan". I remember she use to have her birthday parties on Saturdays in the 90s and she would always go inside in time for WCW saturday night. She was a hardcore fan from way back in the day.

Nick Bockwinkle, Verne Gagne and all the guys from the AWA territory were her favorites
I actually got to know my great grandmother a good bit. She didn’t pass away until I was about 12. She was very active until the last couple years so I went to her house a lot when I was a kid. She had two rules. We don't take the lord’s name in vain and we don’t disparage the good goddamn name of Nature Boy Ric Flair. #FlairCountry

JeremyBerkley_WWE_FINAL_1024x1024.jpg

That match (and the build to it with Bundy and Muraco attacking Hogan on SNME and breaking his ribs) is one my earliest wrestling memories. I can remember watching that WM and I was freaking out. I hadn't been smartened up yet and I was terrified that the wounded Hogan was going to lose to the monster Bundy.

I will always remember that because they showed a "live" special report on the 10 pm syndicated program that showed Hogan being injured in Arizona that same night
This was in the days of "it didnt happen til its shown on tv" so them kinda breaking kayfabe and spoiling their own SNME main event later that night blew my fragile little mind

I haven't introduced LTR to any real horror movies yet. He loves fight violence, but I'm not sure how he'd handle serial killers in scary masks. The farthest we've gotten so far has been the Monster Squad and Beetlejuice. Thinking we should try Gremlins next.
That's actually a great choice. Addams family and Ghostbusters helped ease fett Jr into the genre and then he helped ease babyfett into it.

I used to rent Nintendo games from a damn hardware store! Why did they have video games? How did we ever find out that they had video games? But fuck me, if Tecmo Bowl was on the shelf that was going to be a banger of a weekend.
Everyone wanted a piece of the rental pie in the 80s/90s!

I have zero memory of this but I did try to block out most of the guest host era besides Bob Barker, Shaq and Hugh Jackman

That's actually a great choice. Addams family and Ghostbusters helped ease fett Jr into the genre and then he helped ease babyfett into it.
I’d stay away from Darkness Falls. Literally the only movie to scare me (which I know I’d stupid since the movie blows, but it did)

ITS SCREAM DAY!!!!

@lakersfan45 are you beside yourself with excitement?
Pere this is in my top 12 days I’ve ever looked forward too
WebbedDampBird-max-1mb.gif

even the head of
The table knows this is good for all of us wrestlecon fan when the bird free agent in wrestling and former heavyweight champ is in the bigegst movie of americas

442273e34da1a272813f77cd89132b5ea17102db_hq.gif

@lakersfan45

I just got sad, all this horror movie talk and it reminded me of renting random horror VHS tapes with my friends in junior high.
Those were some of the funnest days of my life.
I too am overwhelmed with emotion. Many because although I’m excite th hats it’s 2022 and I’m about to a see a new scream 5 movie I’m
Sad because it’s not directed by wea craven.

yesterday at albertsons (that’s a supermarket, not a dudes house) the cashier saw I was wearing a freddy Kruger sweater (the infamous striped
Sweater I wear it as normal wear in addition to
Costime) and ye asked me if I were ready for the new scream and we talked wes craven movies what a time yo be alive too many emotions <{1-11}><PandaHi75>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back