PVZ fake passing out?

Lol she didn't go unconscious due to hypoxia.
When the blood pressure in the brain drops to nearly 0 the brain shuts off . If blood pressure remains shut off then the brain starts to go into hypoxia due to lack of oxygen.
The loss of consciousness happens way before hypoxia.
Google it if you need to.
The mechanism that shuts the brain off is hypoxia. You can feel it happen if you've ever been choked. Darkness closes in like a tunnel, the better the blood choke, the quicker it happens.

Just the fact that you said 'pro fighters can hold their breath longer than 60 seconds' as an arguement that loss of blood flow does not cause hypoxia tells me all I need to know about your education and critical thinking skills.

What do you propose the mechanism is?

I'll see your 'lol' and raise you a rofl @ you.

The mechanism that shuts the brain off is hypoxia. You can feel it happen if you've ever been choked. Darkness closes in like a tunnel, the better the blood choke, the quicker it happens.

Just the fact that you said 'pro fighters can hold their breath longer than 60 seconds' as an arguement that loss of blood flow does not cause hypoxia tells me all I need to know about your education and critical thinking skills.

What do you propose the mechanism is?

I'll see your 'lol' and raise you a rofl @ you.
The mechanism is lack of blood pressure not lack of oxygen.
Hypoxia is what would happen if you didn't regain blood pressure.

I'm not concerned with what you think of my education or skills.
No need to get personal and upset man. Just Google it.

Awesome. Take care.

tumblr_mb8ulrYRt71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

29mrwja.jpg

gbtfPag.gif

CZaPamDWIAAaA2F.jpg:large

From wikipedia 'blood choke':

"A blood choke disrupts blood circulation to the brain, while an air choke disrupts breathing. ... Since blood pressure has not actually increased as the brain thinks it has, the dilation causes pressure to drop dramatically, and can be sufficient to cause cerebral hypoxia."

Cerebral hypoxia.

Did you miss that fight where she got her ass beat and didn't give up?

Yeah...I'm sure she pretended shit.

From wikipedia 'blood choke':

"A blood choke disrupts blood circulation to the brain, while an air choke disrupts breathing. ... Since blood pressure has not actually increased as the brain thinks it has, the dilation causes pressure to drop dramatically, and can be sufficient to cause cerebral hypoxia."

Cerebral hypoxia.
"and can be sufficient to cause"...

And you should go to the link that wikipedia shows... if there is one. Don't believe wikipedia without checking it's origination...

"and can be sufficient to cause"...

And you should go to the link that wikipedia shows... if there is one. Don't believe wikipedia without checking it's origination...
Alright, dude.

At least I tried.

I vote she faked it.

I have trained. I have choked people to sleep. I have been choked to sleep. I've been to tourneys and fights where people were choked to sleep. I've seen dozens of videos of people being choked to sleep.

You gradually go limp. She just dropped. You gradually come to your senses. She popped right up.

Why fake it? Holly Holm made it cool. She just got embarrassed and tapping would have been the ultimate embarrassment. At least by passing out she can look "tough." Also, she knows the ref is going to stop it.

I've been around this sport for decades now. I vote that it looked like she faked it. As soon as I saw how she dropped her arms I was suspicious.

But we'll never know because she'll never admit it. But it definitely looked way off.

you definitely don't always go limp gradually. The only time I got choked out completely in a tournament it happened almost instantly. In a sramble I exposed my neck and got caught in a guillotine. We were standing and I tried to scoop him up and land in side control.

Well I woke up face down. I had just barely lifted him up when he squeezed hard, i instantly passed out and face planted....that sucked. I remember having an awesome dream, until i realized I should be grappling right now and knew I must have been choked out.

fights a fully sunken rnc for like a minute...... then decides to pretend to go unconscious? jesus christ sherdog.

I didn't watch The fight. But from that vid it looks like she wasn't fully out. Prob why she popped back up.

She went out.

Sometimes if you're really in shape you don't stay out for long. I've seen that a few times.

When you are getting choked, every instinct in your body tells you to fight to stop it. She didn't fake pass out. Sometimes passing out from lack of blood flow is intermittent. The blood rush started again and she came to as soon as Waterson released.
Thank you doctor. Really though this is exactly what happened

her face was pretty purple at the time Waterson released the choke, surely she had no option either tap or take a knap but I dont hink she would fake it

you could see her arms drop which means she's out. But the ref should've confirmed it 2 more times. If she does the finger wag on the 3rd confirmation it means she's still awake

you definitely don't always go limp gradually. The only time I got choked out completely in a tournament it happened almost instantly. In a sramble I exposed my neck and got caught in a guillotine. We were standing and I tried to scoop him up and land in side control.

Well I woke up face down. I had just barely lifted him up when he squeezed hard, i instantly passed out and face planted....that sucked. I remember having an awesome dream, until i realized I should be grappling right now and knew I must have been choked out.

Do you have video or is that just how you remember it? Sounds to me like that choke worked gradually. You just remember passing out instantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back