Putting the tree up already

I wasted considerably more. We went from a $200 Costco tree to $2100 Balsam Hill tree + $1600 of new ornaments, ribbons, and shit. Probably could have found better ways to spend this money, but this is going to look nice in my living room:

French-Country_1.jpg
Holy shit. Photo didn't work btw

I"d encourage y'all not to do anything this year and forget 2020 even happened.

This is a decent rule of thumb but I don't have Halloween decorations
I think this was the first year I did Halloween decorations. Usually I just dress up and go to parties. I've found that I don't like talking to people when they wear masks, so I've been doing a lot more at home this year.

The woman I'm seeing and I have been cooking autumn foods, watching Halloween movies, and putting up cheap Halloween decorations (dollar store items). It's a small touch, but it makes things more festive.

Fuck it, putting the Christmas tree up. Its already cold af and Thanksgiving is just a meal. I'm ready for some Christmas cheer. Anyone else on board?
Yup, got more lights down at the weekend, Mrs is away this week but it's all going up next weekend

I've seen people that leave Christmas trees up year-round...

Already got tree up. Waiting to see who wins tuesday to determine light color and what goes under tree. If Red wins its Red an white lights with plenty of presents. If Blue wins its Blue an yellow lights with little under the tree but christmas cheer , hope , an wishful thinking.

I wasted considerably more. We went from a $200 Costco tree to $2100 Balsam Hill tree + $1600 of new ornaments, ribbons, and shit. Probably could have found better ways to spend this money, but this is going to look nice in my living room:

French-Country_1.jpg
damn dawg if your Christmas decorations get any more expensiver, your going to have to switch to Hanukkah.

It's your house. Leave the tree up all year if you want. It's inside. Don't care.

I don't like seeing lights up on houses in the middle of summer though. Have some pride and make it look like you care what your house looks like.

That said I am putting the lights up this coming weekend. I won't be turning them on though. I usually wait until after remembrance day, but the forecast is sunny and 17 degrees Celsius for this weekend. Looks like a good time to get it done instead of risking falling off the roof in the snow.

damn dawg if your Christmas decorations get any more expensiver, your going to have to switch to Hanukkah.
I’ve had no Xmas decorations to speak of except for a small tree due to apartment living for years. I just remember growing up and the good memories I have of the holidays. Want the same for my kids. We went from zero to hardcore for Halloween this year. Christmas will take a couple years to get there probably.

Back