putting name on gear

Korleone

White Belt
Reaction score
ok... so I just started going to a new gym and not saying my new team mates will steal my gear, but I'd just feel better with my stuff named and labelled so not to "lose" or "mix up" any of my gear. I pay too much for my gear (I know you guys can relate). Not that it'll stop anyone from picking it all up off my porch or anything :icon_chee (old joke... haven't been on here in quite some time)

so anyway... any ideas are welcomed.

all gear is genuine leather (although I'm not sure about my Top king shin guards... maybe synthetic ???)

main things I'm wanting to label:

- black Fairtex bvg gloves
- black/red superstar Top King Shin Guards
- red Winning headgear

I don't want to look like a lame nerd with my name showing, so kinda discreet and clearly without harming my gear.

THANKS!

ok... so I just started going to a new gym and not saying my new team mates will steal my gear, but I'd just feel better with my stuff named and labelled so not to "lose" or "mix up" any of my gear. I pay too much for my gear (I know you guys can relate). Not that it'll stop anyone from picking it all up off my porch or anything :icon_chee (old joke... haven't been on here in quite some time)

so anyway... any ideas are welcomed.

all gear is genuine leather (although I'm not sure about my Top king shin guards... maybe synthetic ???)

main things I'm wanting to label:

- black Fairtex bvg gloves
- black/red superstar Top King Shin Guards
- red Winning headgear

I don't want to look like a lame nerd with my name showing, so kinda discreet and clearly without harming my gear.

THANKS!

I like to remove then wrist patch and write my name in silver or black (depending in the color).

you could sell all your gear and buy everything in pink.

Seriously though, I used sharpies on the fabric part of my gear. Never tried on leather though and you may find your answer through Google. Those silver graffiti markers may work.

On lighter colored gear....black sharpie on the inside of the wrist strap. On darker gear....same thing but silver/gold sharpie. Being on the inside of the wrist strap....nothing showing:)

On lighter colored gear....black sharpie on the inside of the wrist strap. On darker gear....same thing but silver/gold sharpie. Being on the inside of the wrist strap....nothing showing:)

Goddamn, that is genius -- I feel like such a moron for not figuring that out myself. :redface:
Thanks for the idea! :D

I always write my last name in sharpie on the back of my gloves.

I used Acrylic paint and Textile paint on my gloves. These type of paints are water based but when fully dried they won't rub off. It is flexible as well, meaning the paint won't crack when your equipment gets folded or some thing.

1618175_10152436782683408_4675134939608015667_o.jpg

10298781_10152759504254692_5108793614245956706_n.jpg

I used Acrylic paint and Textile paint on my gloves. These type of paints are water based but when fully dried they won't rub off. It is flexible as well, meaning the paint won't crack when your equipment gets folded or some thing.

Cool, man. I want to try this for putting logos on gear, too.

I find a sharpie on the velcro of my hand wraps stays for a long time. I get wraps in packs and sell them to newcomers, so we all have similar stuff. Differentiation is a good thing.

I was told by Juan from the Mexican Equipment thread that Angelus Leather Paint and Createx Paint are very good for painting stuff on gloves

Back