Putting Joanna on Rouseys card is huge for her.

Model with makeup bro read what I said. Makeup does wonders makes anyone seem attractive and I pretty much said that so I can dont seem like a hater. And Joanna being like that in weigh ins doesn't mean she isnt consistently better looking than rousey. No one looks better when they are cutting weight...except for rousey which is weird. But outside of weigh ins she looks better.

Right, Ronda Rousey looks good during weigh ins. Blindness confirmed. No wonder you think JJ looks good.

I hope Claudia dismantles her like she did JAG. That split decision loss was so stupid.

JJ is likely losing to Claudia, in my opinion.

But either way, no, she'll never be as popular as Ronda because Ronda is more head-and-shoulders above her competition, has the looks, and most importantly has incredible speaking skills and charisma.

Right, Ronda Rousey looks good during weigh ins. Blindness confirmed. No wonder you think JJ looks good.

Yeah I think she does look better in weigh ins.

467056336-womens-bantamweight-champion-ronda-rousey-of-gettyimages.jpg

ronda-rousey.jpeg

And LOL at your high standards please your on a forum just stop. Your probably some fatboy in a basement who hasnt left it for weeks bring you standards down to a suitable level.

Last edited:
The first fight was really close. Gadelha had problems from Aguilars leg kicks last fight other than that Gadelha dominated. With JJ's MT backround you gotta think she would exploit it like Aguilar did last fight.

she wont be as dominant as Rousey, 1. Rousey was first 2. she doesnt get 30 second wins.

I'm kind of hoping Gadelha's injury delays her title shot and Joanna fights Torres, Moroz, Jojo, Waterson, PVZ, etc. on this card.

Gadelha is the best challenger and deserves the shot, but Joanna destroying any of those other girls could help make her a star. I'm not sure if a competitive five round fight would capture the casual fans' imagination quite as much.

I don't see JJ ever becoming as big as Rousey in terms of star power. Being a native english speaker is a pretty big advantage. Toss in that Rousey is American and already everywhere in mainstream media.

However, this will do tons to help elevate JJ in the public eye and I can see a lot of people who normally aren't huge MMA fans really like JJ's crisp and technical striking. JJ isn't a power puncher, but her striking technique is SO good that even people who don't understand striking can understand that they're seeing something really special. And those guys who actually understand striking and are being dragged into watching this PPV by their girlfriends are going to be blown away just seeing JoJed in the pocket.

For JJ personally this is huge. Assuming she has a standard fighter contract and gets PPV points, as the champ she's going to make serious bank by being on the Rousey card. This might be one of the biggest paydays she's ever going to see.

Good for JoJed. She deserves more recognition for what she does.

As far as starpower, I said from the moment that she won the title that she would become a star, while most others disagreed. I was right, JJ's stock has risen significantly since March, and if she wasn't so loved and talked about she would not be co-headlining this card.

Will she attain to Ronda's level of stardom? Not now she won't, Ronda's current status has been a five year investment in performance and exposure. That said, I know that JJ can at least reach GSP's level of popularity.

I also disagree that JJ is not a "power puncher", she absolutely is. JJ's power comes into play at close range, which is where she knocked out Rosie Sexton, dropped Gadelha and Penne, and most notably bashed open Penne's nose.

However, since JJ spends most of her time picking opponents apart at range her power is often over looked because it doesn't consistently come into play during fights. I often wonder why she doesn't throw the uppercut that dropped Gadelha and Penne more often .. she relies more on her Jab, 1-2, and elbows for the most part.

Has Claudia ever shown good cardio? How do you think she'll hold up if it goes to round 4 and 5?

Back