Putting an end to Reem vs Rozenstruik

So you just don't care if time had already expired? You just disregard the clock?
Time hadn't expired. When stopping a fight they don't check the time and it is not a factor in whether they stop it or not.

You CAN be saved by the bell, but you have to make it until the bell. It was waived off before the bell.

Was he so fatigued he could not see the punch coming or react fast enough? He was playing very good defense before that. Or maybe he thought he had it in the bag and backed off a little.

Dont think Overeem was out as he was getting up the second he hit the groud. It wasnt one of those walk away KOs Hunt delivered. So it wouldve been a TKO at best if Rozenstruik wouldve went after it. But he didnt go after it as he walked away.

So sure the torn lip was awfull to watch but he wasnt out so that rules out a KO. Rozenstruik didnt persue a TKO as he walked away. and with 4 seconds left i doubt it wouldve been stopped that way. All in all i had Overeem winning rnds 1-2-3 and yes i think he couldve survived those last 4 seconds.

KOd overeem looks like:
giphy.gif

This is the reem still in the fight:
SmugMadeupGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

He made Reem look like he was chewed up by a Rottweiler with one punch. Can you image what he would do with those 3-4 clean shots on him while his hands were on the mat? The fight was over.

He could literally kill him, Reem was exhausted after 25 minute fight and I dont remember comeback win in his career. His opponent had comeback wins against him like Bigfoot, Browne, Rothwell, Miocic and old Pride days when Overeem dominated in first round f.e. Nogueira and Werdum lost 1st round against him and they finished him.

People who comparing this to Kongo vs Barry are insane lol. I think Yamasaki is a sherbro.

He made Reem look like he was chewed up by a Rottweiler with one punch. Can you image what he would do with those 3-4 clean shots on him while his hands were on the mat? The fight was over.

Yeah, but the controversy is Rozenstruik walked away BEFORE the ref jumped in... so technically, there would have not been any more shots, lol.
It was a bit similar to the Anderson-Bisping incident, Rozenstruik got lucky this time.

Dont think Overeem was out as he was getting up the second he hit the groud. It wasnt one of those walk away KOs Hunt delivered. So it wouldve been a TKO at best if Rozenstruik wouldve went after it. But he didnt go after it as he walked away.

So sure the torn lip was awfull to watch but he wasnt out so that rules out a KO. Rozenstruik didnt persue a TKO as he walked away. and with 4 seconds left i doubt it wouldve been stopped that way. All in all i had Overeem winning rnds 1-2-3 and yes i think he couldve survived those last 4 seconds.

KOd overeem looks like:
giphy.gif

This.

This is the reem still in the fight

<mma4>

Still in the fight, as in running for life half unconscious trying not to have his lips removed.

Overeem didn't complain about the stoppage.

Let's be honest. If the fight had played out til the end, Reem would've won and there'd be a bunch of angry people yelling about Dan not protecting the fighter. You're also encouraging fighters to go for unnecessary shots instead of walking away after flooring an opponent.

Not very good. But I'm sure you know that's irrelevant.

Never seen him survive a knockdown, I´m sure one of his fans can come up with one fight where he came back from one. But Mirigliota saved him from further concussion, Jairzinho saved him from further concussion, it was the best outcome for everyone.

I dunno, I'm a huge Reem fan, but to me it looks like he was out of it and woke up when he bounced off the fence.

Funny because I remember Masvidal running, landing a knee, waiting for the opponent to drop, landing 2 additional hard punches to a KOed opponent...all of that in 5 seconds.
But vs Reem the other dude couldn't finish him in 4 seconds+the time it took the ref to jump in.
completely different scenarios.. first 4 seconds of the fight is not the same as the last 4 seconds of the fight
Ben was out and Mas was fresh and explosive af and landed nasty |(but super necessary) shots

The 4 seconds plays no part in the decision to end the fight. If he's done and gruesomely injured the fight is over. It's that fucking simple.
he wasn't done. he got knocked down but recovered and those 4 seconds play a part because the fight was almost over

The time remaining is completely irrelevant. They don't check the time before stopping it, and they aren't supposed to.
Its not irrelevant. 4 seconds before the fight is over and Reem was recovering.

Back