International Putin's Russia is stagnating and economy is weakening

They make rocket engines used by the US and European rocket companies. Recently ULA "United Launch Alliance" was using Russian rocket engines but will overtime transition to the more powerful Blue Origin created thrusters. They spend a sizable amount of their money on defense development and have a very strong engineering and science record. But because Putin put his money on petroleum business development and less on promoting more business development in engineering and software they have missed a new wave of startups. The other issue is the lagging values of a barrel of oil has hurt Russia's efforts to stimulate profits and growth.

I knew they did that stuff through the military and space programs, I didn’t know they did it on a large scale commercially. Thanks

Putin should've been done 10 years ago. This is what happens when a leader clings on, long past their expiration date.

If he had retired in about 2010, people would have seen him as a guy who acted like a mafia boss, but atleast didn't ruin his country.

Now his legacy is going to be that of a criminal piece of garbage who mostly contributed to Russia's decline.

lots of wishful thinking itt
guys should stop reading only The Economist

They make rocket engines used by the US and European rocket companies. Recently ULA "United Launch Alliance" was using Russian rocket engines but will overtime transition to the more powerful Blue Origin created thrusters. They spend a sizable amount of their money on defense development and have a very strong engineering and science record. But because Putin put his money on petroleum business development and less on promoting more business development in engineering and software they have missed a new wave of startups. The other issue is the lagging values of a barrel of oil has hurt Russia's efforts to stimulate profits and growth.

It seems like the Putin era could finally be coming to an end, I'm not sure if a guy like Putin could ever be ousted though.

What a lot of people don't know is that Putin improved the Russian economy tremendously after coming to power initially. The data isn't easy to find with American influenced search engines but he increased household income of your average Russian from annual $8,000 US to about $20,000.

Russians will not forget this easily. That's lifting most of the country from a Kazakhstan lifestyle to a European lifestyle.

But Putin seems to have made a major economic error here. Like the Saudis, they underestimated green tech and fracking.

Even the Sauds are anticipating an oil free future, but I think Putins Bank accounts were getting so fat he didn't notice. From what i understand some analysts believe Putin could be the Richest person on the planet.

It seems like the Putin era could finally be coming to an end, I'm not sure if a guy like Putin could ever be ousted though.

What a lot of people don't know is that Putin improved the Russian economy tremendously after coming to power initially. The data isn't easy to find with American influenced search engines but he increased household income of your average Russian from annual $8,000 US to about $20,000.

Russians will not forget this easily. That's lifting most of the country from a Kazakhstan lifestyle to a European lifestyle.

But Putin seems to have made a major economic error here. Like the Saudis, they underestimated green tech and fracking.

Even the Sauds are anticipating an oil free future, but I think Putins Bank accounts were getting so fat he didn't notice. From what i understand some analysts believe Putin could be the Richest person on the planet.

So you are saying that Americans try to hide Russian information and information from Russia is true? :D

So you are saying that Americans try to hide Russian information and information from Russia is true? :D

Hes right about the average russians life getting a bit better then, because in the 90s shit hit the fan hard, criminality went up and bullets were flying everywhere (i had to dodge once as well)

That being said i hate "westernation" of russia, i liked it more when there was no western cultural influence

lots of wishful thinking itt
guys should stop reading only The Economist

So .... what is incorrect? Russia's economy being largely oil based? Or stagnant oil prices?

Cause i dont think either is really up for debate.

Hes right about the average russians life getting a bit better then, because in the 90s shit hit the fan hard, criminality went up and bullets were flying everywhere (i had to dodge once as well)

That being said i hate "westernation" of russia, i liked it more when there was no western cultural influence
Didn't Boris Yeltsin have to pay government workers with vodka for a period because the currency Russia had towards the end of his time/mid-90s was barely worth more than fire starter?

Didn't Boris Yeltsin have to pay government workers with vodka for a period because the currency Russia had towards the end of his time/mid-90s was barely worth more than fire starter?

Might be, i was a kid then

Remember the good old warnings from mother

"Dont leave the playground or you will be sold to slavery"

Kidnappings were norm and slave trade so all the kids heard this lol

Trump put so many damn sanctions on russia it’s had quite an impact. Russia is getting hurt for no reason. Stupid policy.

Putin should've been done 10 years ago. This is what happens when a leader clings on, long past their expiration date.

If he had retired in about 2010, people would have seen him as a guy who acted like a mafia boss, but atleast didn't ruin his country.

Now his legacy is going to be that of a criminal piece of garbage who mostly contributed to Russia's decline.
If he had stopped before 2010 he’d probably be viewed as one of the great Russian leaders tbh.

He stabilized the country and oversaw great economic growth.

So .... what is incorrect? Russia's economy being largely oil based? Or stagnant oil prices?

Cause i dont think either is really up for debate.
I don’t even know what he’s talking about. No one is really making predictions about Russia, were all just discussing the decline, left or right.

No one is saying that they’re going to collapse or that they will rise from the ashes.

The blame for Russian's early economic issues fall on the US and Germany hands with Boris Yeltsin and before him Mikhail Gorbachev the US and Germany had an opportunity to offer help and economic development to the Country of Russia. They both could have benefited from stronger ties but the US just offered them crumbs and McDonald's. It's unfortunate because the US could have made huge changes to the Country at great costs but without the constant fear of Russia falling back into it's old ways. Look at what Germany did with East Germany and with 250 billion dollars still issues but it's far better off now then before. It would have costs trillions of dollars but would have all but ended the arms race and made the world far safer. I blame Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton for letting that opportunity pass before Putin. I believe even Mikhail kinda reference it in a book he wrote years ago.

No, information from analysts, journalists, and historians are who I believe.

I'm not anti American or taking sides. It's a fact that America extorted the Russian economy after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Trump put so many damn sanctions on russia it’s had quite an impact. Russia is getting hurt for no reason. Stupid policy.
Invading and annexing your neighbours territory might have something to do with that

No, information from analysts, journalists, and historians are who I believe.

I'm not anti American or taking sides. It's a fact that America extorted the Russian economy after the fall of the Soviet Union.
Everyone is guilty in their problems except Russia.
Dmitry Kiselyov as its best.

They should have made cars and other things as well as weapons. They did not.

Real nature of majority of Russian people.
BMW and Mercedes can say thanks to USSR collapse, because Russians wants to show off with everything. It is funny.

Back