International Putin's Russia is stagnating and economy is weakening

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Putin has seen his popularity sink in Russia and is having difficulty with the Russian economy. Dmitry Medvedev was viewed as weak by a hardline conservative Russians for his efforts to do business with European and US venture capitalists an to bring investments from Russian expats.

Putin rose back to power by the rise of these hardline conservatives who felt that Russia engine of change was going to be petroleum demand. That Russia needed a hardliner strongman like Putin.

What has really happened was Russian economy boosted slightly for a few years and has been sliding since. People are now demanding more opportunities and that Putin has failed to grow the Russian economy as he has promised. Also it seems more an more stories about corruption is exposing problems.

Then this news broke from Moscow.

"
(CNN)When Russia's entire government resigned on Wednesday, even long-term Kremlin observers were taken by surprise.

Earlier in the day, Vladimir Putin had announced his plan to push through reforms that would make his successor as president less powerful, by redistributing power in such a way that the Russian parliament and office of prime minister will have greater clout.

He thanked the resigning members of the government for their service, but said that "not everything worked out."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/15/europe/putin-reforms-analysis-intl/index.html

Just saw another thread on the topic please merge or delete my bad.

Commie shithole gonna shithole...

It's green energy has hurt the Russian economy by forcing OPEC and Russia to respond by holding petroleum prices lower because of the rapid change taking place around the world. European's have been slow to moving in that direction but now are pressing forward with more aggressive timelines. That being said still not nearly enough is being down and this is not about climate change this is about being more self reliant and less dependent on parts of the world that have dictators and Royal Kings running their countries. Putin believed that petro economy was going to swing back and oil prices where going to climb back above the 100 dollar per barrel range that makes Russian oil production very profitable again. But thanks to efforts to do more solar, wind, nuclear and fracking "natural gas" the world has become less dependent on OPEC and Russia for their product. Still a huge problem but Dmitry Medvedev had the right idea but Russia was not ready for such a major change but lack of action has even put Russia further behind the rest of the developing world.

It's green energy has hurt the Russian economy by forcing OPEC and Russia to respond by holding petroleum prices lower because of the rapid change taking place around the world. European's have been slow to moving in that direction but now are pressing forward with more aggressive timelines. That being said still not nearly enough is being down and this is not about climate change this is about being more self reliant and less dependent on parts of the world that have dictators and Royal Kings running their countries. Putin believed that petro economy was going to swing back and oil prices where going to climb back above the 100 dollar per barrel range that makes Russian oil production very profitable again. But thanks to efforts to do more solar, wind, nuclear and fracking "natural gas" the world has become less dependent on OPEC and Russia for their product. Still a huge problem but Dmitry Medvedev had the right idea but Russia was not ready for such a major change but lack of action has even put Russia further behind the rest of the developing world.

Clearly the best decision is to put Putin in power for life.

That’ll fix their problems...

<{cruzshake}>

Seriously though, what else do they even do? Do they make anything besides nesting dolls and borscht?

I´m sure Putins bank account is fine

That's what they want us to think

Lol at saying Mednedev lost power allowing Putin to retake the top role. Wasn’t Mednedev a Putin puppet simply there to break up Putin’s terms?

Clearly the best decision is to put Putin in power for life.

That’ll fix their problems...

<{cruzshake}>

Seriously though, what else do they even do? Do they make anything besides nesting dolls and borscht?

They make rocket engines used by the US and European rocket companies. Recently ULA "United Launch Alliance" was using Russian rocket engines but will overtime transition to the more powerful Blue Origin created thrusters. They spend a sizable amount of their money on defense development and have a very strong engineering and science record. But because Putin put his money on petroleum business development and less on promoting more business development in engineering and software they have missed a new wave of startups. The other issue is the lagging values of a barrel of oil has hurt Russia's efforts to stimulate profits and growth.

Putin has been at the head of Russia since coming to power in 1999
over 20 years of having to deal with this fuck face just cause he likes power too much to let go of it

anyone here ridiculing the french (traitors, cowards, etc), and not russians who take it in the ass for decades now by a dozen or so people (with Putin at nr1 spot) is a moron

at least french stand up for their rights - and do so with great success, as was shown recently when french government had to back off from proposed later retirement (work 2 years longer for retirement)

looks like russians dont give a fuck, and havent since the last revolution (before ww2)

russia in its current form is a shell of its former self - without nukes, their army would be a laughing stock (their last aircraft carrier broke down recently)
putin managing to project any power at all is impressive really - I'll give him that, he manages to stay relevant on the world scene despite crumbling country he is leading

This was back in the day when Russia was not viewed as such an adversary but open to cooperating on business development with US and European companies when Demitry was viewed as to soft to weak by the hardline that helped raise Putin back to power and have Demitry step back.

This was back in the day when Russia was not viewed as such an adversary but open to cooperating on business development with US and European companies when Demitry was viewed as to soft to weak by the hardline that helped raise Putin back to power and have Demitry step back.
There were threads on this when it happened. He only took over after Medvedev because Medvedev was literally a placeholder so Putin could pretend he was following the laws. You can have like unlimited terms in Russia but you can't have more than like 2 I think consecutively. So, Putin created a NEW position in government, Medvedev got to be president, Putin became "prime minister" but was still de-facto THE GUY in Russia until Medvedev reached the end of his term allowing his buddy Putin to "reclaim" the president office.

There's a goddamn Wiki PAGE about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandemocracy

The Putin-Medvedev tandemocracy is the joint leadership of Russia between 2008 and 2012 when Vladimir Putin, who was constitutionally barred from serving a third consecutive term as President of Russia, assumed the role of Prime Minister under President Dmitry Medvedev. While the office of Prime Minister is nominally the subservient position, opinion differs as to what extent Putin was the de facto leader during this period, with most opinion being either that Putin remained paramount or that he and Medvedev had similar levels of power. Putin was re-elected President in the 2012 election and Medvedev became his Prime Minister.

Commentators, analysts and some politicians[6][7][8][9] concurred in 2008 and early 2009 that the transfer of presidential powers that took place on May 7, 2008, was in name only and Putin continued to retain the number one position in Russia's effective power hierarchy, with Dmitry Medvedev being a figurehead or "Russia’s notional president".[10]

Within the context of the ongoing Russia–Ukraine gas dispute in early January 2009, Nikolai Petrov, an analyst with the Carnegie Moscow Center said: "What we see right now is the dominant role of Putin. We see him as a real head of state. ... This is not surprising. We are still living in Putin's Russia."[11]

I thought this was well know.

Putin has been at the head of Russia since coming to power in 1999
over 20 years of having to deal with this fuck face just cause he likes power too much to let go of it

anyone here ridiculing the french (traitors, cowards, etc), and not russians who take it in the ass for decades now by a dozen or so people (with Putin at nr1 spot) is a moron

at least french stand up for their rights - and do so with great success, as was shown recently when french government had to back off from proposed later retirement (work 2 years longer for retirement)

looks like russians dont give a fuck, and havent since the last revolution (before ww2)

russia in its current form is a shell of its former self - without nukes, their army would be a laughing stock (their last aircraft carrier broke down recently)
putin managing to project any power at all is impressive really - I'll give him that, he manages to stay relevant on the world scene despite crumbling country he is leading

In the mind of the common Anglo-American private sector drone, what you call standing up for yourself is seen as laziness and being cowardly for wanting a commie nanny state.

There were threads on this when it happened. He only took over after Medvedev because Medvedev was literally a placeholder so Putin could pretend he was following the laws. You can have like unlimited terms in Russia but you can't have more than like 2 I think consecutively. So, Putin created a NEW position in government, Medvedev got to be president, Putin became "prime minister" but was still de-facto THE GUY in Russia until Medvedev reached the end of his term allowing his buddy Putin to "reclaim" the president office.

There's a goddamn Wiki PAGE about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandemocracy

I thought this was well know.

Whatever I don't know the specifics I just know that Medvedev direction seem to improve relationships with US and Europe. If this was the case I did not see it but it's unfortunate because I really believed this was the direction that Russia needed to move to make the changes it needed to make to improve its economy.

Russia’s economy stagnating?!?

color me surprised, oil is down and swaths of their businesses are sanctioned and no longer can export with other countries.

something to do with oil prices and economic warfare perhaps?

You should check out those videos.
It is funny how Medvedev and Putin are hiding things.

Whatever I don't know the specifics I just know that Medvedev direction seem to improve relationships with US and Europe. If this was the case I did not see it but it's unfortunate because I really believed this was the direction that Russia needed to move to make the changes it needed to make to improve its economy.
I think we have to keep into account what has happened since Medvedev first became president to now.

The fighting in Georgia increased

Chunk of Ukraine got annexed (I know the citizens in that area wanted to be part of Russia but the rest of Europe wasn't too happy)

Russia had that stink up in 2013 regarding teaching kids about homosexuality and barring it cause of "health and safety of kids"

The rampant steroid issues they've had on the international sports stage.

They got closer to that muppet Kaydalov in Chechnya.

They've done a bunch of shit that has just generally pissed off the West as well that has led to this.

That's what happens when you get yourself embroiled in wars in the middle east

Back