Putin.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just finished watching a British documentary about Putin and it said that according to the CIA he is worth $40 billion!
As we all know Russia is very corrupt and in a terrible mess. The average monthly income in Russia is around $800. While the average in India is around $1100 a month. So the average Russian is poorer than the average Indian!

Putin is in power at least til 2024, which doesn't bode well for the Russian people or the world.
Obviously he needs to be taken down somehow, but how? I wonder how his health is!:icon_chee

Putin is a dangerous man and is willing to deliver a nuclear blow to us on our soil. We're in a position of weakness right now. Not much we could do.

I just finished watching a British documentary about Putin and it said that according to the CIA he is worth $40 billion!
As we all know Russia is very corrupt and in a terrible mess. The average monthly income in Russia is around $800. While the average in India is around $1100 a month. So the average Russian is poorer than the average Indian!

Putin is in power at least til 2024, which doesn't bode well for the Russian people or the world.
Obviously he needs to be taken down somehow, but how? I wonder how his health is!:icon_chee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

37 Russian Federation $1,215
69 India $295

that's 2011, so Russia is now about 700-800 usd due to ruble being hit by low oil and gas prices.
check your numbers next time

Putin is a dangerous man and is willing to deliver a nuclear blow to us on our soil. We're in a position of weakness right now. Not much we could do.

We have the same defense we have always had. MAD.

have you ever considered that your opinion might be skewed due to the way media portrays him? I've read a lot of your posts about how US mass media is anti-Christian and anti-traditional in general, yet you don't seem to question it on other topics.

In fact, putin would fit right in among you right-wingers: anti-gay, pro-religion and a bare-chested, hunting-loving judo bb manly man :icon_chee

Pretty sure the last thing he wants is to deliver nuclear blow on you (wtf?)

It's per year, like most income numbers

Sorry, he wrote per month and i assumed you were responding with the same. given that you didn't post either interval it seemed like you meant per month.

have you ever considered that your opinion might be skewed due to the way media portrays him? I've read a lot of your posts about how US mass media is anti-Christian and anti-traditional in general, yet you don't seem to question it on other topics.

In fact, putin would fit right in among you right-wingers: anti-gay, pro-religion and a bare-chested, hunting-loving judo bb manly man :icon_chee

Pretty sure the last thing he wants is to deliver nuclear blow on you (wtf?)

I don't listen to mainstream news. I do know what he and his generals/cabinet have said the last few years.

Putin doesn't care about me, he cares about money and power.

I wonder if groceries and other items are cheaper than in the US.

Because if they are significantly cheaper, then income comparisons like that wouldn't be very relevant at all.

not much cheaper. and imports like smartphones or let's say cars are even a bit more expensive.

I lived in Moscow and russians are on average considerably poorer than americans, not indian poor but still.

I don't listen to mainstream news. I do know what he and his generals/cabinet have said the last few years.

Putin doesn't care about me, he cares about money and power.

just curious, how do you know what they said?

Yeah, when you add it all up and divide, it probably does come out to that. Plenty of billionaires and people in the capital are relatively wealthy. The rest of the country makes terrible, terrible money. Let's look at schoolteachers, for example. A respectable profession that requires higher education.

One of Grigoriev’s colleagues, Maxim Nikolayevich, also works as a contract builder in the summer. His 12,000-ruble teacher's salary (about $370) is not much for a family with two children.

News of Alla Mosevnina’s reward has spread around the village. Alla Alexandrovna sighs, “People do not understand how much effort it requires. The teacher’s basic salary is 4,000 rubles ($125). Whether a teacher will get more or not depends on the qualifications, length of employment, number of working hours, as well as professional achievements. So, professional contests also matter.”

Source: http://rbth.com/articles/2012/09/04/how_russian_teachers_make_ends_meet_17927.html

The average monthly salary of a secondary school or kindergarten teacher is 12,000-15,500 rubles ($370-$480).

Source: http://www.rferl.org/content/russian_teachers_protest_wage_levels/24352883.html

Here's some Russians chatting in a forum, laughing sarcastically at the government's official statistic that teachers are making 26,000 rubles ($397) a month. One says that's funny, if that's the average, why is my mom--who has 30 years of experience--making 14,000 rubles ($214)? Another laughs at the 26k figure saying ah, how nice it'd be to live in the world these government guys do... When people are acting like $397 is some ridiculous high salary for a schoolteacher...that's a problem.

Source: http://news.ngs.ru/comments/1327508/

Putin promised greatly increased salaries for Moscow police officers, because they were only making about $800 month in a very expensive city. Tough shit to the rest of the country. Once again, a cop is a decent job and should pay a decent wage, right? It's hardly janitorial work or ditch-digging. Yet:

Nearly all police officers interviewed complained about low wages. In late 2009, a police serviceman in St. Petersburg earned on average 12,000–14,000 rubles (500 euros) a month, while a commanding officer’s monthly salary reached roughly 16,000–17,000 rubles (about 600 euros). In Kazan, regional police department budgets were lower, and therefore salaries were also lower: servicemen and sergeants earned 10,000 rubles [$153] a month, while junior officers earned 12,000–13,000 rubles [$199]. In addition to meager salaries, police officers complained about scant benefits. As one 25-year-old St. Petersburg policeman reported, “The first question is always of pay. I work 12–14 hours a day. I run the risk of health problems. I want to be compensated for that.”

Source: http://pipss.revues.org/3978

Avoiding specific professions:

Amid soaring inflation, the average monthly salary across Russia shrank to 31,200 rubles ($500) in January, Gazeta.ru reported Tuesday citing the Economic Development Ministry.

Source: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/...s-to-500-as-food-prices-skyrocket/516947.html

Those stats about the average Russian making nearly $20,000 are ridiculous. Real Russian people that don't have great jobs at international businesses and live in Moscow aren't making anywhere near that. Eight-hundred dollars a month sounds very reasonable, if not too generous, when talking about the average Russian's monthly salary.

Last edited:
I wonder if groceries and other items are cheaper than in the US.

Because if they are significantly cheaper, then income comparisons like that wouldn't be very relevant at all.

Russia is cheap as fuck. Compare their nominal gdp with their purchasing power adjusted gdp.

Well he the richest/most powerful man in the world.. nothing new I guess, my family and myself when I live there get along fine, with not a lot of trouble with money. I think he is the reason a lot of young students are sent abroad to get a good education and then to come back.

Back