Putin.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Aug 28, 2015.

1. squeezewax

squeezewax Black Belt

I just finished watching a British documentary about Putin and it said that according to the CIA he is worth $40 billion!
    As we all know Russia is very corrupt and in a terrible mess. The average monthly income in Russia is around $800. While the average in India is around $1100 a month. So the average Russian is poorer than the average Indian!

Putin is in power at least til 2024, which doesn't bode well for the Russian people or the world.
    Obviously he needs to be taken down somehow, but how? I wonder how his health is!:icon_chee

2. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

3. TSO

TSO Cookie monster belt

$19000/month my ass

4. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Putin is a dangerous man and is willing to deliver a nuclear blow to us on our soil. We're in a position of weakness right now. Not much we could do.

5. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

It's per year, like most income numbers

6. BermudaTriangl

BermudaTriangl Orange Belt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

37 Russian Federation $1,215
    69 India $295

that's 2011, so Russia is now about 700-800 usd due to ruble being hit by low oil and gas prices.
    check your numbers next time

7. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

We have the same defense we have always had. MAD.

8. BermudaTriangl

have you ever considered that your opinion might be skewed due to the way media portrays him? I've read a lot of your posts about how US mass media is anti-Christian and anti-traditional in general, yet you don't seem to question it on other topics.

In fact, putin would fit right in among you right-wingers: anti-gay, pro-religion and a bare-chested, hunting-loving judo bb manly man :icon_chee

Pretty sure the last thing he wants is to deliver nuclear blow on you (wtf?)

9. TSO

TSO Cookie monster belt

Sorry, he wrote per month and i assumed you were responding with the same. given that you didn't post either interval it seemed like you meant per month.

10. Commissar

Commissar Gold Belt

11. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I don't listen to mainstream news. I do know what he and his generals/cabinet have said the last few years.

Putin doesn't care about me, he cares about money and power.

12. BermudaTriangl

not much cheaper. and imports like smartphones or let's say cars are even a bit more expensive.

I lived in Moscow and russians are on average considerably poorer than americans, not indian poor but still.

13. BermudaTriangl

just curious, how do you know what they said?

14. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Yeah, when you add it all up and divide, it probably does come out to that. Plenty of billionaires and people in the capital are relatively wealthy. The rest of the country makes terrible, terrible money. Let's look at schoolteachers, for example. A respectable profession that requires higher education.

Source: http://rbth.com/articles/2012/09/04/how_russian_teachers_make_ends_meet_17927.html

Source: http://www.rferl.org/content/russian_teachers_protest_wage_levels/24352883.html

Here's some Russians chatting in a forum, laughing sarcastically at the government's official statistic that teachers are making 26,000 rubles ($397) a month. One says that's funny, if that's the average, why is my mom--who has 30 years of experience--making 14,000 rubles ($214)? Another laughs at the 26k figure saying ah, how nice it'd be to live in the world these government guys do... When people are acting like $397 is some ridiculous high salary for a schoolteacher...that's a problem.

Source: http://news.ngs.ru/comments/1327508/

Putin promised greatly increased salaries for Moscow police officers, because they were only making about $800 month in a very expensive city. Tough shit to the rest of the country. Once again, a cop is a decent job and should pay a decent wage, right? It's hardly janitorial work or ditch-digging. Yet:

Source: http://pipss.revues.org/3978

Avoiding specific professions:

Source: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/...s-to-500-as-food-prices-skyrocket/516947.html

Those stats about the average Russian making nearly $20,000 are ridiculous. Real Russian people that don't have great jobs at international businesses and live in Moscow aren't making anywhere near that. Eight-hundred dollars a month sounds very reasonable, if not too generous, when talking about the average Russian's monthly salary.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  15. ripskater

ripskater Guest

From non mainstream news sources that translated it.

16. BermudaTriangl

17. Commissar

Commissar Gold Belt

What kind of non-mainstream news sources do you read?

Is it legitimately non-mainstream, or is it the alternative media?

18. YoungBoyd

YoungBoyd Milletinin lideridir Erdoğan

Russia is cheap as fuck. Compare their nominal gdp with their purchasing power adjusted gdp.

19. Throttlehead

Throttlehead Red Belt

From non mainstream news sources that translated it from mainstream new sources to fit my ideology ?

Is that even news?

20. ArtemV

ArtemV Gold Belt

Well he the richest/most powerful man in the world.. nothing new I guess, my family and myself when I live there get along fine, with not a lot of trouble with money. I think he is the reason a lot of young students are sent abroad to get a good education and then to come back.