Putin makes Holocaust denial a criminal offence punishable by up to five years in jail.

Should we have laws like this in America?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
I have always been a free speech advocate, especially regarding political speech. I don't see a need for these laws. I think they are stupid. I mean, if someone wants to claim the Holocaust never happened, what's the big deal? You can just tell them they are ridiculous and move on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-denial-of-nazi-crimes-idUSBREA440IV20140505

Has Putin done the right thing? Should we have laws like this in America?

Where does one draw the line at denial? Don't most "deniers" not necessarily deny that it happened, but just speculate that the magnitude of it is exaggerated?

Once you make questioning a narrative illegal, that narrative's legimitacy is never in doubt. This just shows who is pulling Putin's strings.

He and Trump are both literally........ oh..... shit.......

What do Rachel Maddow? I need my next talking point.

Fuck the Nazi's.

Once you make questioning a narrative illegal, that narrative's legimitacy is never in doubt. This just shows who is pulling Putin's strings.

Are you saying you believe Putin's strings are being pulled by people who wish to ensure that we remember Hitler's crimes into perpetuity?

Are you saying you believe Putin's strings are being pulled by people who wish to ensure that we remember Hitler's crimes into perpetuity?

You know what I'm implying.

Putin has never struck me as the dictatorial type. Or an enemy of free speech. So this is a fucking shocker.

Where does one draw the line at denial? Don't most "deniers" not necessarily deny that it happened, but just speculate that the magnitude of it is exaggerated?

Yes, pointing out the fact that the number of Jews massacred more than doubled over the space of 30 years is classed as holocaust denial. WW2 guilt trumps everything including facts. I mean, they got a free country out of it, what else do they want?

You know what I'm implying.

I get the possible revisionist version of Russian history. If that's your point, then agreed. I don't see the "Hitler = bad' part a problem though, really.

I have always been a free speech advocate, especially regarding political speech. I don't see a need for these laws. I think they are stupid. I mean, if someone wants to claim the Holocaust never happened, what's the big deal? You can just tell them they are ridiculous and move on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-denial-of-nazi-crimes-idUSBREA440IV20140505

Has Putin done the right thing? Should we have laws like this in America?

I agree. It is no different than the muslims, and the drawing Mohammed BS.

I'm sorry, but I actually believe in free speech.

"Mr. Putin, you have been pegged as a racist white nationalist. You must respond, or else you seem weak."

"Okay, fine. Law is 'Hitler bad'. You like Hitler, you go to jail. This is law now."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! One step at time. Holy shit!"

Last edited:
I get the possible revisionist version of Russian history. If that's your point, then agreed. I don't see the "Hitler = bad' part a problem though, really.

Historical events should be free to discuss and analyze to further discover the truth, rather than narrative driven misinterpretations. Making discussing such things illegal makes no sense whatsoever from any reasonable perspective, unless they're hiding something.

Historical events should be free to discuss and analyze to further discover the truth, rather than narrative driven misinterpretations. Making discussing such things illegal makes no sense whatsoever from any reasonable perspective, unless they're hiding something.

What are your views on Hitler and the Nazis? Do you believe the holocaust happened?

Last edited:
Yes, pointing out the fact that the number of Jews massacred more than doubled over the space of 30 years is classed as holocaust denial. WW2 guilt trumps everything including facts. I mean, they got a free country out of it, what else do they want?
How many actually died? In school I was told the 6m nomber

What are your views on Hitler and the Nazis?
What would his views of Hitler and the Nazis have to do with the merit of his statement?

How many actually died? In school I was told the 6m nomber

The Red Cross' number is between 250,000-300,000.

The World Almanac's population of European Jews compared from 1933-1945 support the Red Cross' findings.

It is amazing how sensationalized the holocaust is.

Stalin and Mao were responsible for as many as 50 million deaths, historians say.

How many movies about their genocides have you seen? ZERO.

I have no clue why he would do this. It is weird though how many Nazis are in Russia considering what Nazis did to Russians. Well I guess Americans and other countries were enemies too and we have nazis but the Nazis really went to town on Russia. Maybe he sees nazis as a threat to power and russian unity. Or maybe I am overthinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back