put together your dream team of grappeling.. 5 members

knoxpk said:
Rickson Gracie- The Rickson Gracie of BJJ
Ad Santel-Went to Japan and declared himself the world judo champ
Karelin-The Rickson Gracie of Greco
Rumina Sato-Just fun to watch
Cael Sanderson-The Rickson Gracie of College wrestling.

Alternate
Kimura-beat the poop out of Rickson's dad aat his own game.
It's a bit disrespectful to Karelin to call him the Rickson of Greco. I'm not taking anything way from Rickson's accomplishments, but what Karelin achieved in international competition is unprecedented and will likely never be repeated again. It's better to just say that Karelin is the Karelin of Greco, as he has no equal.

Anyways...

Karelin
Jacare
Aleksander Pushnitza
Pawel Nastula
Aleksander Medved

That's strange, my post is in the middle of the thread even though I posted it not three minutes ago.

tudor_bjj said:
Although I sense the irony in your post, I will tell you (or better, the others) who Serginho Ires (by his real name) was. He was the guy Rolls never beat and is considered by Carlson the best from that era.

hey tudor_bjj, relax man, no irony intended, really, I had never heard of him, that

Rolls Gracie
Rickson Gracie
Alexander Karelin
Dan Gable
Royler Gracie

Rickson
Royce
Marcelo Garcia
Eddie Bravo
Braulio Estima

Rolls Gracie - apparently much better than Rickson
Ad Santel
Roger Gracie
BJ Penn
Kimura

I wish you were more specific in the situation. I would say the top 5 from the last adcc in wieght classes for adcc like comp and same as bjj and so on...

of 'grappling for mma', which gives all the same threats to routine generally, I would pick Pavel, Nog, Fedor, Yoshida and Barnett.

For weight classes, I would pick Pavel, Lil Nog, Fihlo/Akiyama, Penn(him and Hughes were tuff) and not sure for lw yet.

Roger Gracie
Eddie Bravo
Marcelo Garcia
Jacare
Kyra Gracie

Jacare
Roger Gracie
Karelin
Renzo Gracie
Marcelo Garcia

Marcelo Garcia
Rickson Gracie
A. Karelin
Dan Gable

And me :redface: A guy can dream, can't he?

Rickson Gracie
Saulo Ribiero
Eduardo Rocha
Roger Gracie/or Royler...
Dan Gable...or Karelin either or.

Karelin's an awesome wrestler, but I think he could be submitted without much difficulty by judokas/BJJ players of similar physical strength

Back