Put Conor Mcgregor in a top 30 of greatest fighters is a crime to the real fans of the sport

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?

You rank Faber over Conor for making a top 30?

GTFO.

You're a shit poster and you severely underrate Nate.
You're crapping all over 2 fighters because you're still butthurt he destroyed Aldo & Eddie.

You cannot put in the all time greatest list a guy who got humiliated by Nate Diaz the 1st time and almost tkoed the second, winning a very lame UD, showing absolutly none bit of superiority.

I mean, if you are a solid fighter, its your obligation to obliterate Nate like did Rory, RDA or Thomson.

Conor is a good fighter, have really good genius moments, but he proved that he's not well rounded, can't handle pressure, has poor gas tank, hasn't fought some of the very great fighters of our generation besides Aldo and Eddie, perhaps 2 weeks notice Mendes.

Yeah he won two belts, but if you receive easy fights (Nate's fights should have been easy) and a undeserved title shot, eventually you will win.

C'mon, a guy struggles twice against a mid one dimensional who can't throw a single low kick fighter and its put as an all time great?

Its a offense to the true fans of MMA who watched true warriors over the curse of the years.
Honestly, bro... the last few years, at least, have generally been a middlefinger to fans who take MMA seriously as a sport.

Personally I have a very tough time rating Conor historically. Some big wins but the level of activity, not once defending a title. He could be top ten or may not even crack the top 30 as TS suggests. Legit arguments for both.

Good post

Here's my list of my top 5 favorite fighters:

1) Tyron Woodley -- Most explosive WW of all time
2) 2014 Overeem -- Incredible kickboxing
4) Yoel Romero -- Great wrestling and KO power
5) Francis Ngannou -- Punching power and speed
5) Cheick Kongo -- Excellent muay thai for a heavyweight

Conor deserves top 30 inclusion.

If only because of his deft career management.

You do know fighters evolve? Nates last loss was 4 years ago, he came back looking shredded and tooled MJ on the feet. For the reference in size he couldnt even make weight for RDA he came in over 160lb lol.

Hes a black belt tied 3rd with maia for the most subs in the UFC. Guys with good cardio, wrestling, and sub defense are his kryptonite, all Conors weak areas. How Nate beat Conor is literally the diaz bro method. Take shots, keep pressuring forward, opponent slows down, proceed to drown them in volume, then either get a tko or the opponent tries to shoot and gets subbed.

Its not like Nate has a padded record for subs either, he subbed fucking Jim Miller. Tooled Cerrone and MJ on the feet. Hes underrated to be honest.

Dude! Fucking awesome post. People should be made to read this post in any Conor or Nate thread.

Deflecting? If Conor gets tooled by Khabib and retires or have some so-so fights after that, is he still top-30? Whatever happens to GSP today won't change a thing about his career. What happens to Conor does. Conor hasn't solidified his career.
the fuck you talking about? If Conor losses to an undefeated, UFC champion of course he is still top 30 p4p fighter
Unless you think the only thing that constitutes being a top 30 fighter is going undefeated you fucking idiot

"Conor isn't top 30 he lost to Nate Diaz"
But crocop who got folded in half by gonzaga, turnt to powder against Mir and fucking had a .500 record in the UFC is with out a doubt top 30 p4p all time, you fucking got Tito Ortiz who was embarrassed and dominated by Matt hamill in the first paragraph of 30 p4p fighters better then Conor
@iLikeBirds usda needs to test your crazy ass, you're obviously on bath salts and dick pills

lmao
What then does it say about champs Jose Aldo, Eddie Alvarez and Max Holloway that they got smoked by some bum outside the top 30?

I said did Silva become a top-30 when he beat Franklin? When he beat Luther? My point being that it took a couple of defenses before we started to talk GOAT and things like that. The same applies to Conor.

I don't like Conor. I do think he is extremely talented and has lots of potential. I like that he learn from mistakes, that he tries to improve areas that need improvement. As obvious as that sounds, it doesn't seem obvious with all fighters. Nate, *cough*, *cough*. I just think Conor hasn't done enough. Aldo is a great win. I just don't think it can be used as a benchmark. At the same time, smarts and stupidity (Aldo) has to be taken into account. Superior fighters have lost because of stupidity and vice versa. Steroids aside, Holyfield was as successful as he was because he was able to follow a game plan. By fighter standard, that means smart or high ring IQ.

The guy got in the head of the most lethal 145 killer ever, ghosted him in 13 seconds and you want to chalk that up to Aldo being stupid?
Man who the fuck are you to make such dogshit hypothetical claims.
Aldo is a big boy and was the champion for a long ass time. How dare you say he did something stupid, A master at his craft.
You can call mcgregors punch a lucky punch all you fucking want and discredit the timing aspect of the game but enough of this Aldo the ten year champion had a brainfart and keeled over and gave mcgregor a freebie bullshit.

you obliterate the 145 champ with essentially one punch.
You tool the 155 champ within a respectable timeframe.
You fight the all time boxing P4P in his own sport and don't get embarrased
You accept fighting the 26-0 wrestler nightmare matchup. (I still think he might back out of this one, i mean shit, i think i would if i was him if he beleives in his own heart of hearts he fluked his way to the top)

Dudes a fucking Legend and I used to despise the bullshit hype he started getting here early, I swear it was a fedor troll when it started and just spiraled.

It's be a lot easier to make this list after 10-6. As of now, you could make an argument either way.

Do you also have Dennis Halman over Matt Hughes? Brendan Shaub over Cro Cop? Bob Sapp over Ernesto Hoost? Mittrione over Fedor? Serra over GSP? Leon Spinks over Muhammid Ali? Buster Duglas over Mike Tyson?
I see your point but conors wins over them were not flash in the pan nor were they when they were out of their primes. You give Conor either Aldo or eddies entire opponent list and he ends up with a better record than each of them.

I see your point but conors wins over them were not flash in the pan nor were they when they were out of their primes. You give Conor either Aldo or eddies entire opponent list and he ends up with a better record than each of them.
first, I'm going to point out that you are basing your argument with an assumption which is 100% a fallacy. There's no evidence at all that would back up your claim that Conor would have a better record if he were to fight the same fighters Aldo and Eddie has and is pure speculation which is downplaying both of their legacies. If Khabib beats Conor next month, do we automatically assume that Khabib beats all of Conor's opponents and surpass's Conor's legacy? If we're just going to throw out wild speculations then this debate isn't going anywhere.
Second, I happen to believe that both fighters were past their prime and Conor was just entering his. I think it's safe to say both Eddie and Aldo are much closer to retirement considering both have been fighting professionally for 12+ years. How long would you say is the average career for an MMA fighter. 10 years if you're lucky?

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that Conor can not pass them up in the future. He very well can become a top 10 fighter ever and surpass both if he were to put together a nice win streak and dominate for a period of time. His career is still young unlike Aldo and Eddie's.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.

1. Fedor
2. Nogueira
3. Anderson
4. Aldo
5. Hendo
6. Werdum
7. Cormier
8. GSP
9. Jones
10. Edgar
11. Wanderlei
12. Penn
13. Shogun
14. Machida
15. Junior Dos Santos
16. Demetrious
17. Romero
18. Randy Couture
19. Sakuraba
19. Hughes
20. Dillashaw
21. Cruz
22. Cro Cop
23. Josh Barnett
24. Rampage
25. Igor Vovchanchyn
26. Chuck Liddell
27. Jake Shields
28. Tony Ferguson
29. Tyron Woodley
30. Eddie Alvarez
31. RDA
32. Overeem
33. Jacare
34. Bas Rutten
35. Frank Shamrock
36 Takanori Gomi
37. Hayato Sakurai
38. Sergei Kharitonov
39. Vitor Belfort
40. Andrei Arlovski
41. Frank Mir
42. Conor McGregor

I have him at 42. This is based on resume and skillset. Conor has about 6 good wins, which is good, but so do all these guys, and most of these guys are more well rounded than Conor. They also fought a lot more ranked opponents than Conor did.
You're one of the few sensate members around here; Props

Back