Put Conor Mcgregor in a top 30 of greatest fighters is a crime to the real fans of the sport

Did you just make the argument that Josh Thomson is a better fighter all time than Conor McGregor?

You cannot put in the all time greatest list a guy who got humiliated by Nate Diaz the 1st time and almost tkoed the second, winning a very lame UD, showing absolutly none bit of superiority.

I mean, if you are a solid fighter, its your obligation to obliterate Nate like did Rory, RDA or Thomson.

Conor is a good fighter, have really good genius moments, but he proved that he's not well rounded, can't handle pressure, has poor gas tank, hasn't fought some of the very great fighters of our generation besides Aldo and Eddie, perhaps 2 weeks notice Mendes.

Yeah he won two belts, but if you receive easy fights (Nate's fights should have been easy) and a undeserved title shot, eventually you will win.

C'mon, a guy struggles twice against a mid one dimensional who can't throw a single low kick fighter and its put as an all time great?

Its a offense to the true fans of MMA who watched true warriors over the curse of the years.
gsp tapped to strikes

I really hope you're trolling because your post is complete shit.

Conor has been handed more than anyone else has in UFC history. It's easy to "accomplish" a lot when people set you up for success. I guess if you consider getting paid an "accomplishment" you'd argue for it. But there are plenty of wealthier people out there, and I could watch them be douchebags on TV by tuning in to the Kardashians and such...

From a fighting stand point, his resume isn't all that great compared to many of the legends mentioned that you feel aren't better than Conor.

This is why I have zero respect for his fans, because they aren't fans of the sport.

I really hope you are trolling or just simply special because your post is absolutely bollocks.

Conor has beaten Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, Diaz and being a 2 divisional champion yet you are saying people like Royce, Franklin, Saku, Ronda, Cyborg etc have a better resume?

Laughable

Give Conor a few more fights before we talk about top-30. Did A. Silva become a top-30 when he defeated Franklin? Luther?
I can't believe I am about to defend Conor. He has won two belts, I don't think he sniffs the top 5, but top 30 is absurd. He easily cracks the top 20 and frankly is top 15. Top 10 is where semantics begin.

You cannot put in the all time greatest list a guy who got humiliated by Nate Diaz the 1st time and almost tkoed the second, winning a very lame UD, showing absolutly none bit of superiority.

I mean, if you are a solid fighter, its your obligation to obliterate Nate like did Rory, RDA or Thomson.

Conor is a good fighter, have really good genius moments, but he proved that he's not well rounded, can't handle pressure, has poor gas tank, hasn't fought some of the very great fighters of our generation besides Aldo and Eddie, perhaps 2 weeks notice Mendes.

Yeah he won two belts, but if you receive easy fights (Nate's fights should have been easy) and a undeserved title shot, eventually you will win.

C'mon, a guy struggles twice against a mid one dimensional who can't throw a single low kick fighter and its put as an all time great?

Its a offense to the true fans of MMA who watched true warriors over the curse of the years.
I would not put any of your Brazilians in top 100 because they are all on steroids and Neymar is skinny week lesbian bitch

No it's not this is just another example of the hysteria surrounding McGregor and why it's almost impossible to have a measured conversation about him .

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?
I guess it really comes down to the criteria, in terms of accomplishments he is ahead of many of those and behind quite a few. In terms of number of wars and memorable fights, he doesn't come close. But at the same time, he is probably and historically one of the most pivotal fighters to touch the sport. So it really comes down to weighting.

LMAO your list is shit.

Let me repeat. P4P #1. ONE PUNCH. 13 SECONDS.
Just because you beat a champ and win a title doesn't make you the automatic GOAT of the weight class or higher on an all time list than the guy you beat. It only means you become the new champion. Anderson was dethroned by Weidman yet nobody puts Weidman higher than Anderson on any all time list. Aldo and Anderson went like a decade without a loss and racked up ridiculous amount of title defenses and have beaten many great fighters. That is why they are higher than Conor or Weidman on any list.

Royce, Saku, Faber, Gomi, Franklin, Ronda, Cyborg, Crocop and Wand aren’t greater than Conor.

This is an embarrassing attempt. Conor has accomplished far more at this stage of his career than those fighters in their whole careers
Derp

It's like you don't even know who those fighters are. Take Wand for instance. He was PRIDE's MW champ for pretty much the entirety of that belt. He was perceived as unbeatable for like half a decade

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?
Shit list
Dude literally has 2 WMMA in his top 30, who cares for his opinion.
I only see one?
Ronda and??
And this isn't Highlander.

McGregor defeating Aldo doesn't make him the FW GOAT.
McGregor going 4-2 against LW's doesn't make his LW resume better than career LW's like Alvarez.
He's not 4-2 against lws....
He's 1-0 vs lws...

He's not 4-2 against lws....
He's 1-0 vs lws...

0-1 Joseph Duffy
1-1 Aaron Jahnsen
2-1 Ivan Buchinger
2-2 Nate Diaz (career Lightweight)
3-2 Nate Diaz (career Lightweight)
4-2 Eddie Alvarez

Would consider him top 31 fighters?

Conor McGregor is top 1. All educated fans know this.

0-1 Joseph Duffy
1-1 Aaron Jahnsen
2-1 Ivan Buchinger
2-2 Nate Diaz (career Lightweight)
3-2 Nate Diaz (career Lightweight)
4-2 Eddie Alvarez

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking ufc career..

Still though, I reiterate, the nate diaz fights were at 170, not 155 and the circumstances were very messy.
(moving from 145 to fight a 155 then Diaz being lined as short notice replacement but wanting catch weight cos of not being able to make 155)

Noforgayjesus

Edit :
What do you make of Max Holloways loss to Mcg?

He’s top 30 without question.

After he beats Khabib, he has a damn good argument for top 10.

Back