Put Conor Mcgregor in a top 30 of greatest fighters is a crime to the real fans of the sport

I don't even have to list my greatest top 30 fighters all you need to know is any fighter who owns/owned a belt in my top 30 defended them, let alone owned two at the same time...

200w.webp

The fighting from 10 years ago looks nothing like it does today. These GOAT lists are fucking stupid. If you put half the fighters from today back in UFC 1, they would actually probably kill someone. Fighters get progressively better, and more athletic as it becomes a more mainstream sport.

Trying to compare fighters from different eras is about as stupid as asking
Who is a better warrior, Achilles, or Chris Kyle the american sniper??
*queue pointless debate that has no relevancy to actual talent, and is based purely on discrediting the other person*
The skill sets of the champions from the years 2001 onward till now is roughly equal.
I mean 20 year old versions of Barnett, Mir, Sylvia, Arlovski, etc would do just fine in today's HW landscape.

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?

Well there you go. No wonder you think Conor isn't top 30 when you literally don't have a brain.

The skill sets of the champions from the years 2001 onward till now is roughly equal.
I mean 20 year old versions of Barnett, Mir, Sylvia, Arlovski, etc would do just fine in today's HW landscape.

maybe in heavy weight.

List of Cool fighters
1 Fedor
2 Andy & Wandy
3 GSP
4 BJ
5 JJ
6 DC
7 Aldo
8 Big Nogueira
9 Hendo
10 Hughes
11 Cro cop
12 Sean Sherk
12 Jens Pulver
13 Takanori Gomi
14 Hayato Sakurai
15 Conor McGregor
16 Caol Uno
17 Quinton Jackson
18 Chuck Liddell
19 Tito Ortiz
20 Rich Franklin
21 Vitor Belfort
22 Randy Couture
23 Ken Shamrock
24 Farnk Shamrock
25 Guy Mezger
26 Ricardo Arona
27 Kazushi Sakuraba
28 Bas Rutten
29 Masakatsu Funaki
30 Minoru Suzuki
31 Semmy Schilt
32 Josh Barnett
33 Yuki Kondo
34 Maurício Rua
35 Vladimir Matyushenko

Igor Vovchanchyn = God of fucking ppl up.

On the bases of "All Time" great it's difficult to rank Conor because of how paved the UFC made his path to stardom. In terms of selling fights he's an all time great but there is a lot of great fighters from the past you have to consider as an all time great that had tougher opponents, more activity and more odds put against them than Conor ever had. It's to early for me to give Conor an accurate assessment in an all time rankings scenario.

List of Cool fighters
1 Fedor
2 Andy & Wandy
3 GSP
4 BJ
5 JJ
6 DC
7 Aldo
8 Big Nogueira
9 Hendo
10 Hughes
11 Cro cop
12 Sean Sherk
12 Jens Pulver
13 Takanori Gomi
14 Hayato Sakurai
15 Conor McGregor
16 Caol Uno
17 Quinton Jackson
18 Chuck Liddell
19 Tito Ortiz
20 Rich Franklin
21 Vitor Belfort
22 Randy Couture
23 Ken Shamrock
24 Farnk Shamrock
25 Guy Mezger
26 Ricardo Arona
27 Kazushi Sakuraba
28 Bas Rutten
29 Masakatsu Funaki
30 Minoru Suzuki
31 Semmy Schilt
32 Josh Barnett
33 Yuki Kondo
34 Maurício Rua
35 Vladimir Matyushenko

Igor Vovchanchyn = God of fucking ppl up.
WTF is ROYCE GRACIE?

Why does it matter how many ranked wins you have or how large your fight resume is? If someone hypothetically walked in to the UFC (CM Punk/James Toney etc.) and for their first ufc fight fought Aldo or Holloway and won the FW strap, then moved up and fought Alverez/Kabib for the LW strap and then beat a WW, he would be considered an all time great with 3 total fights.
Because that would only be two big wins. Everyone on my list has like 8 or more big wins. Some have like 10 to 20. They are more proven. If Conor fought as many elite fighters as these guys he would have more losses and his grappling weaknesses would become even more visible.

You are shitting on Conor just because Diaz fights ?

Styles make fights

You know how Rory and Robbie had back and forth wars but Rory dominated Woodley with ease yet Woodley blew Robbie away like a flea

It turns out Diaz was just a bad match up or Conor .

You make RDA as a real fighter who schooled Diaz yet RDA pulled out of a fight with Conor .

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?
Ronda a better fighter than Conor?

<{MindBrown}>

Royce, Saku, Faber, Gomi, Franklin, Ronda, Cyborg, Crocop and Wand aren’t greater than Conor.

This is an embarrassing attempt. Conor has accomplished far more at this stage of his career than those fighters in their whole careers
I really hope you're trolling because your post is complete shit.

Conor has been handed more than anyone else has in UFC history. It's easy to "accomplish" a lot when people set you up for success. I guess if you consider getting paid an "accomplishment" you'd argue for it. But there are plenty of wealthier people out there, and I could watch them be douchebags on TV by tuning in to the Kardashians and such...

From a fighting stand point, his resume isn't all that great compared to many of the legends mentioned that you feel aren't better than Conor.

This is why I have zero respect for his fans, because they aren't fans of the sport.

You are shitting on Conor just because Diaz fights ?

Styles make fights

You know how Rory and Robbie had back and forth wars but Rory dominated Woodley with ease yet Woodley blew Robbie away like a flea

It turns out Diaz was just a bad match up or Conor .

You make RDA as a real fighter who schooled Diaz yet RDA pulled out of a fight with Conor .
AND RDA got melted by Eddie, who was mauled by Conor. TS is using MMA math to justify his hate for Conor. It's really simple, if you search the history of anyone that habitually posts Conor hate threads, you will see they all picked against him when he fought Aldo, and most are hardcore Aldo ball surfers that got their hearts broken. The berating that Aldo fans had to endure during the lead up to 194, from Aldo pulling out with his questionable X ray and #RibGate, to Conor stealing his belt, verbally molesting him in the most epic manner we have ever seen, Aldo calling the cops on USADA all had his fans just waiting for Aldo to get revenge on Conor, but it never came; since it never came, they have dedicated their lives to shit posting and living to see Conor get embarrassed, and embarrassingly even celebrating Conor making 80 mill vs Mayweather, while winning rounds and not even getting dropped over 10.

Why does it matter how many ranked wins you have or how large your fight resume is? If someone hypothetically walked in to the UFC (CM Punk/James Toney etc.) and for their first ufc fight fought Aldo or Holloway and won the FW strap, then moved up and fought Alverez/Kabib for the LW strap and then beat a WW, he would be considered an all time great with 3 total fights.
I just want to point out that you're throwing out how most people objectively rank top fighters (P4P, top 10, all-time) and using a ridiculous hypothetical scenario to argue your point...

As of now Conor's legacy is compared to someone like Chris Weidman

He has yet to surpass someone like TJ Dillashaw. These are two facts

Back