Put Conor Mcgregor in a top 30 of greatest fighters is a crime to the real fans of the sport

Conor is not top 30 but not for the stupid reasons you mentioned. styles make fights in MMA. Nate is a tough fight for conor, hes not well rounded enough to dominate him. He doesnt have the longevity , quality, and variety of competition to be there yet.

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

Well, in how many legendary fights Conor have been envolved? 1? 2?
He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
18 year old Max? 2 week notice Mendes?

So Conor can't be top 30 GOAT because he lost to Nate Diaz??? Yet you have:
Edgar who lost to Maynard (inferior to Diaz)
Wanderlei who lost to Leben (inferior to Diaz)
Fedor who lost to Mitrione (inferior to Diaz)
Shogun who lost to OSP and that dude 2 weeks ago (inferior to Diaz)

Shall I continue to decimate your List based on your criteria that losing to Diaz means you can't be top 30 GOAT?

ANDERSON, FEDOR, GSP, SHOGUN, WANDERLEI, HUGHES, ROYCE, GSP, BJ PENN, CHUCK, COUTURE, ORTIZ, ALDO, FABER, CRUZ, DEMETRIUS JOHNSON, JDS, CORMIER, JON JONES, SAKURABA, CROCOP, WERDUM, FRANKLIN, BIG NOG, DAN HENDERSON, TAKANORI GOMI (debatable), LYOTO MACHIDA (debatable), FRANKIE, VITOR BELFORT, RONDA ROUSEY, CRIS CYBORG
(sorry for capslock)

He's good in marketing, and an amazing fighter, but when you look at the history of mma and see in how many legendary and unforgetabble fights those guys were involved, its hard to Put conor in the greatest fighters discussion; Who has he beat besides Aldo and Eddie?
You forgot GSP bro.

Conor McGregor is without a doubt Top 30 lol Stfu TS. And I'm not even a fan of his.

(sorry for capslock)

Dude literally has 2 WMMA in his top 30, who cares for his opinion.

(sorry for capslock)

Anderson: INVALID. Lost multiple times to drug tests.
Fedor: INVALID. Lost to MW.
GSP: INVALID. GOT KTFO by pillow fist Serra
Shogun: INVALID. Got destroyed by Chael and Anthony fucking Smith
Wanderlei: INVALID. Got KTFO by Chris fucking Leben
Hughes: INVALID, two losses to Dennis fucking Hallman, both within seconds
Royce: INVAID, never beat a complete MMA fighter in his career
GSP: INVALID, your dumbass listed him TWICE
BJ Penn: INVALID, losses to nobodies like Dennis Siver and Yair Rodriguez
Couture: INVALID, has less than a 2 to 1 W/L ratio

That's the first ten guys on your list, none of them are any good.

Lol, I have him in my top 10 fighters of all time. Name 30 better.

Mcgregor’s a polarizing figure, most either love him or hate him, but you cannot ignore talent. He became 2 division champ in cage warriors before arriving to the UFC. He set ablaze the featherweight division with his ascend to the top of the throne taking out anyone and everyone in an extremely exciting style, he captured the crown by dethroning a legend in 13 seconds.

Jumped two weight classes from featherweight to welterweight when most were afraid of jumping 1 (Silva, GSP, Jones, Mighty Mouse etc.). Avenged his only loss in the UFC (@ WW because he didn’t want excuses if the rematch was at LW). Became a 2 division champ capturing the LW championship with an incredible performance. Never pulls out, fights injured, takes on all comers, wants the biggest challenges. TS give your head a shake, I personally don’t like the way Mcgregor acts (obnoxious, cocky etc.) but don’t discredit greatness because you don’t like someone.

Last edited:
I think we can place him in top 30 tbh....but p4p I just don't see it.

You cannot put in the all time greatest list a guy who got humiliated by Nate Diaz the 1st time and almost tkoed the second, winning a very lame UD, showing absolutly none bit of superiority.

I mean, if you are a solid fighter, its your obligation to obliterate Nate like did Rory, RDA or Thomson.

Conor is a good fighter, have really good genius moments, but he proved that he's not well rounded, can't handle pressure, has poor gas tank, hasn't fought some of the very great fighters of our generation besides Aldo and Eddie, perhaps 2 weeks notice Mendes.

Yeah he won two belts, but if you receive easy fights (Nate's fights should have been easy) and a undeserved title shot, eventually you will win.

C'mon, a guy struggles twice against a mid one dimensional who can't throw a single low kick fighter and its put as an all time great?

Its a offense to the true fans of MMA who watched true warriors over the curse of the years.
3 knockdown kid.

Id have him just outside the top 20. He has some great, dominant wins. But not alot of longevity.

As always Conor haters turn out to be the most delusional people on Sherdog.

The UFC is entertainment. Conor is the all-time #1 for entertainment inside and outside the cage. It's not even disputable. He's never had a boring fight, press conference or interview.

1. Fedor
2. Nogueira
3. Anderson
4. Aldo
5. Hendo
6. Werdum
7. Cormier
8. GSP
9. Jones
10. Edgar
11. Wanderlei
12. Penn
13. Shogun
14. Machida
15. Junior Dos Santos
16. Demetrious
17. Romero
18. Randy Couture
19. Sakuraba
19. Hughes
20. Dillashaw
21. Cruz
22. Cro Cop
23. Josh Barnett
24. Rampage
25. Igor Vovchanchyn
26. Chuck Liddell
27. Jake Shields
28. Tony Ferguson
29. Tyron Woodley
30. Eddie Alvarez
31. RDA
32. Overeem
33. Jacare
34. Bas Rutten
35. Frank Shamrock
36 Takanori Gomi
37. Hayato Sakurai
38. Sergei Kharitonov
39. Vitor Belfort
40. Andrei Arlovski
41. Frank Mir
42. Conor McGregor

I have him at 42. This is based on resume and skillset. Conor has about 6 good wins, which is good, but so do all these guys, and most of these guys are more well rounded than Conor. They also fought a lot more ranked opponents than Conor did.

I'd say he is top 20 but needs some title defences to get higher

Yet it has Eddie who he tooled.

Come on now
And this isn't Highlander.

McGregor defeating Aldo doesn't make him the FW GOAT.
McGregor going 4-2 against LW's doesn't make his LW resume better than career LW's like Alvarez.

Back