Pushup pro

Man.... That was some kind of freudian slip. There must be something inside me I'm repressing or something.

I'm slightly disgusted and a bit intrigued by the thought of that pink chalk bag. My guess though is that you were surprised when you saw it, in which case me theory holds. :)

I was lookin' for chalk and bags on ebay, and came across a BIN auction for climbin' chalk bags. They said that the bags would be sent at random, and you had no choice in which bag you'd get. One of the bags pictured was pink with flowers on it. I sent a message askin'' if they could at least assure me that I wouldn't get one that was pink or had flowers, as I would not be able to do a heavy deadlift if I had to get chalk out of a bag like that. They never replied.

I use a thing you can get from wal-mart probably for like $20 or $30 called the Perfect Push-up...it has these handles on it that you spin when you do your push-ups. Here's the thing, they actually work.

I was doing like 50 normal push-ups before I got this thing....now whenever I do normal push-ups I'm doing 70 no problem.

Basically what they do for you is make you stronger in a shorter amount of time. I use them when I work-out inbetween sets/reps. I do 40-45 of them about two times a day or so....

Got it as a gift...not sure if I would buy it, but it does work.

So how your doing 2 sets of 40-45 a day.... Before you purchased this how many sets of pushups did you do every day?

Pushups are one of the easiest exercises to improve. You want the super secret ultimate improvement strategy guaranteed to get you to 100 pushups? For only 3 Easy payments of 3.26 each day i'll be happy to give it to you :redface:

Seriously here's a great way to increase pushups (there are tons of other routines that also work). Once a day maxout pushups, when your absolutely spent walk around for 30 seconds-1 minute, then do 10 more(or as many as you can but not more than 15). Tomorrow do Max+1 30 seconds-1 minute + 10more(or as many as you can). Repeat this everyday adding 1 rep to your max. When I was into doing lots of pushups I added 60 pushups to my max in about 6 weeks(i cheated sometimes I would add more than 1 rep if I could) using this method.

pushup pro- is a cheaper made knockoff of the perfect pushup

I was lookin' for chalk and bags on ebay, and came across a BIN auction for climbin' chalk bags. They said that the bags would be sent at random, and you had no choice in which bag you'd get. One of the bags pictured was pink with flowers on it. I sent a message askin'' if they could at least assure me that I wouldn't get one that was pink or had flowers, as I would not be able to do a heavy deadlift if I had to get chalk out of a bag like that. They never replied.

I'm now drawn to that thing... I've been considering starting to use chalk and the idea of carrying that monstrosity around is just absurd enough to be fascinating.

Unless you are climbing, a ZipLoc heavy duty freezer bag works pretty well.

Unless you are climbing, a ZipLoc heavy duty freezer bag works pretty well.

Yeah. When I bought my chalk balls, they came in lil ziploc baggies, so I realized I didn't need a special pouch after all, although I should probably get slightly heavier bags.

Yeah. When I bought my chalk balls, they came in lil ziploc baggies, so I realized I didn't need a special pouch after all, although I should probably get slightly heavier bags.

Screw the bags, get slightly heavier balls!

Sonny - that thread was epic. Thank you oh so very much!

So is it ok to do pushups to failure everyday? Or like 5 days a week or something? I'm currently not lifting.

So is it ok to do pushups to failure everyday? Or like 5 days a week or something? I'm currently not lifting.

Not only will it kill you, but it will also bury you in your grave without in eulogy.

Should be fine...whatever your reasons are.

Back