1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Pushup pro

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by rEdShawks, Apr 30, 2008.

1. evilf22 Blue Belt

just use hex dumbells, same thing as those t frames but you can actually use them for something else.

explosive clap pushups are a good bench assistance excercise as well.

ive recently started putting a 5 lb plate on either end of a barbell, elevating my feet, and doing pushups onto the barbell. you have to balance yourself or else the barbell rolls forward/back. you can also change the angle you are pressing, simulating a decline/incline press. add some bands over your back/weighted backpack and you can make a pretty interesting workout from pushup variations, though its no replacement for heavy presses. just something different to switch it up.

2. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

sexy idea

I like it

I like you

Hug?

3. Mumrik Silver Belt

I like sex?

4. Ian Coe Silver Belt Professional Fighter

give that man a prize

[​IMG]

5. mmafan988 Joe Son's Thong

I use a thing you can get from wal-mart probably for like $20 or $30 called the Perfect Push-up...it has these handles on it that you spin when you do your push-ups. Here's the thing, they actually work.

I was doing like 50 normal push-ups before I got this thing....now whenever I do normal push-ups I'm doing 70 no problem.

Basically what they do for you is make you stronger in a shorter amount of time. I use them when I work-out inbetween sets/reps. I do 40-45 of them about two times a day or so....

Got it as a gift...not sure if I would buy it, but it does work.

6. Mumrik Silver Belt

Something about that smells fishy... Aren't they just allowing you to utilize a slightly different set of muscles or so?

Unless you're now able to do more than those 50 normal pushups, then it didn't make you any stronger...

7. RedNeckJiuJitsu Black Belt

There's 2 big reasons it "works". 1) placebo effect. 2) havin' it around has got you doing more pushups.

8. Urban Savage Mystic

Says who? the advertisement? I got a bridge to sell you. Truth is, I can give you 30 pushup variations without you buying some new fangled bullshit that "mimics the motion of a punch" being sold in a time when the fight game is as much fad and fortune as skill and talent.

Honestly, I own a pair. it was a gift, I would not reccomend you buy them unless you have money to burn and have previously invested in a backpack, weights, bands, made some "iron cross" t-handles, and rings.

9. rEdShawks Brown Belt

great now i cant decide whther to get pushuppro perfect pushup, or nothing at all arghhhh!!

10. Mumrik Silver Belt

In situations like that "nothing at all" is usually the right answer...

Think of it like this: would you be surprised if it was available in pink?

If the answer is any variation of no, then don't buy it.

Edited because I'm a flaming retard :)

11. RedNeckJiuJitsu Black Belt

I think you got your yes and no mixed up on the way you worded that question... But I get your drift, although I've seen pink chalk bags...

12. joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

When I was young and naive I used to shadowbox with these solid 10lb dumbbells that I bought for like $3 each at sports authority. Now I use them to do pushups and they are what I consider the real "perfect pushup".

13. Mumrik Silver Belt

Man.... That was some kind of freudian slip. There must be something inside me I'm repressing or something.

I'm slightly disgusted and a bit intrigued by the thought of that pink chalk bag. My guess though is that you were surprised when you saw it, in which case me theory holds. :)

14. BayAreaGuy Good Day

If you can't make a decision still, here's my advice to you:

If you're short on cash, don't waste your money on this thing- you don't need. If all you can do is push ups, and you can only do 30, just keep working on that and throw in some incline push ups as well where you prop your feet up on something to increase the resitance. (and of course weighed push ups where you put something heavy on your back, maybe put heavy stuff in your back pack).

But if you do want to buy something, then save your money and buy a bench, bar, plates so you can do different presses (bench press and overhead) as well as work on your pulling muscles and back and what not.

best of luck

15. Cmart Aspiring Milo

I love all the fancy products for situps and pushups. Can't get enough of them. I personally went out and bought a rather expensive product that allows me to do pushups and/or situps (my choice) in comfort. It's called "the floor of my living room."

16. Todd Gack Dutch

If you're thinking about buying these I will let you use my floor for push ups at half the price of those things.

17. omgitsrick Green Belt

Man 100 pushups is supposed to be easy? I feel weak

18. Kaydoh** Banned Banned

says who thats a lot i can do like 65 on a good day.

19. dfoster Banned Banned

Yep, you can do decline pushup to simulate incline bench and vice versa. This thing may give you a few inches more on ROM but that's about it. Try this: fill your back pack with books and do a decline pushup with your feet on a table. I did that in college and it always gave me a good workout.

20. rEdShawks Brown Belt

:icon_lol: ure sounding like the gyms they have around where i live